Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > TOFBRA IS COMPLETE!

forum rss feed
Author

chancelloramethyst user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 152 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jun 04, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The website is finished with a lot of new stuff; so much we will not attempt to list it here. Visit the site at www.geocities.com/tofbra to see the new look, and we specially checking out the Soap Box to read about Babe's quest and some Queen reviews.

http://www.geocities.com/tofbra

We've read a lot of comments pertaining to the effect of "I've been waiting for a site like this... a Queen humour site" and we're glad for that. Please tell us what you think: add to our guestbook or email and we will improve best we can!

We're hosting fatty's stuff, have some Queen cartoons, funny stories, tv shows... come check it out!

You can receive updates by joing our Yahoo! Group

(We promise this will be this will be the last update post, for fear of reaching the spam status of Mr Baer....)

-TOFBRA

PS--PENIS!!!!!

~~~

"You haven't lived until you've swallowed Freddie Mercury's cum." -- Roger Taylor

~~~
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 04, 02:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!"

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY

Posted: 14 Jun 04, 10:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, geocities is kinda crap. When the TOFBRA Supreme Overlord gets a job, we'll be moving to a paid server and get a lot fewer of these messages!

Thanks for visiting.

-TOFBRA

~~~

"You haven't lived until you've swallowed Freddie Mercury's cum." -- Roger Taylor

~~~
[StArMaN] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 512 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 04, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

should we speak about webdesign ? ;)

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian SO doesn't like that site. LOL!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Krizzy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1806 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian come On! These are just young fans (kids really) who are just having fun! I would think your outrage could be directed at something more serious like world hunger or the Iraq prisoner torture, but your yelling at the wrong people.

You said yourself the Internet should be free of censorship...now your going back on your own words...how hyprocritical!

***Yeah I know he would read this but I thought I state something about how ridiculous I think he's being.***

Kriz ;o)

Long Live Queen!!!
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"You said yourself the Internet should be free of censorship...now your going back on your own words...how hyprocritical!"

Now now, He never said they should be censored or anything, He just said how stupid he thinks the stuff is. Which, For the most part, I would have to agree with him... But, I'm also a bit on the crabby side today. ;)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Spiderleg Synthia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1190 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! Flamed by Brian himself!!! That is very impressive! I reckon that should go straight up!

*Mwah*
Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think he is entitled to his opinion isnt he?

I have to agree! Its not very funny!

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think its funny either but not bc it pokes fun...its just not my type of comedy. Besides, who am I to say what's funny or not?

Its clear Dr. May isn't happy with it.

tee hee!!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with Brian here. I think its shit. Childish and pathetic. Some people have too much time on their hands.

I read it all then went back to the Queenzone topic about it and saw all these LOL, ROTFLMAO from my fellow 'zoners. Then I thought if NME did this there would be uproar but because they are Queen fans they can do it and nobody raises an eyebrow. I also think its slightly homophobic. 'Arse Bandit' isn't really the best way to describe a homosexual is it?

And before you all call me spoilsport read it again out of context of it being about 'Queen in Big Brother' and come back if you think its harmless and no-one could take offence.

Guess who's back?
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I checked it out once and thought it was dumb, but Brian is being too harsh. He must have been in a bad mood when he checked it out.

Lisser

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I kind of just viewed it as a parody, you know like Saturday Night Live. They make fun of everyone and its kind of an honor to be made fun of on SNL.

I didn't spend too much time on the site. So I don't know how offensive it is, if at all. But if its got things on it like "arse pirate", I don't find too much humor in that. Just my opinion though.

NJ!!!

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 14:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello everyone.

Slightly homophobic? I mean, yeah, it's kinda crap because we need more content and less flashy graphics and maybe we take taking the piss out of Brian a little too seriosuly, but homophobic???

Do you know how many dykes put many, many hours towards making TOFBRA as cool and funny as it is? And you did take "arse bandit" out of context. Freddie called Elton John that. Does that sound homophobic to you?

Well hey, we have one last thing to say on our behalf at TOFBRA. WE're not homophobic, in fact, we'd like it sincerely if it became known to the world that EVERY member of Queen was/is indeed queer as a seven dollar bill.

Thank you for everyone for paying attention to us. We love it.

-TOFBRA & friends & fellow dykes.

~~~

~~~
Lisser

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Peter,

erm not sure about rump ranger, but turd burgular might get a laugh or two from me, maybe not though.

NJ!!!

The Black Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 852 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May wrote:

**Tue 15 Jun 04**
BEEN RIPPED OFF

If you really want to see some garbage, go to http://www.geocities.com/tofbra/

............. (well, go once and never again, I reckon!) These people have ripped off the whole design that Jen did for the BM site, as well as the ideas of the Soapbox, and a number of my little inventions. They think they are funny. Well, humour takes talent too and sadly they don't seem to have any. And they call themselves FANS???? With fans like this, who need enemies? I hope they go away soon.

Love bri

I was very apalled when I saw that. I'm a big fan of TOFBRA and I honestly thought Brian might like it. Instead he goes off completely on the one fact that their Soapbox section looks like his. Not only does he do that, he insults the people who made the site! I know for a fact that they worked hard on that site for sheer entertainment for Queen fans. "And they call themselves FANS????" That really had me in rages. Sorry for being a fan who likes humour, Brian.

Freddie about Roger 'Trouser Snake' Taylor:

"A nice guy, but dont ever let him show you his home videos...the dirty little sod."

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you.

Honestly, we never thought anyone would come to the site. TOFBRA was created because we wanted to send an email to Jimmy May and sound official. To sound official you need an acronym. So the few of us thought of six words that described us and made and acronym from that.

Then we made a website for fun, starting with the Freddie graphic. We'd only kept up a fanfic archive before that and were used to extremely low traffic.
To our surprise, people came to TOFBRA.

ANd now, thanks to BRian we've had 140 people come since he posted his feelings and pushed our count passed the 2000 mark. Thank you all for coming and we hope you enjoy TOFBRA as much as we did making it.

We didn't expect anyone to come, and then Brian goes and lets us know that he went there and that it did what we expected it to do for anyone who happened upon the site: it provoked a reaction.

We are the name Queen for the fans of Queen. We will make you react. That's the point.

Thank you.

-TOFBRA and Friends, and the dyke association of TOFBRA™

VIVE LA RESISTANCE!

~~~

~~~
pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You people may have noticed, that Brian May is a senile old hasbeen with no sense of humour or grasp of reality whatsoever. I'd not pay too much attention to what he rambles under all that hair.

I mean, the guy is married to Anita Dobson. Weak.

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you can find me the actual quote about Freddie calling Elton John an 'arse bandit' I might stand down but its not a word I would imagine Freddie saying. Queen, fairy or even poof but only moronic ignorant people use it.

However offensive it is 'Big Bummer' (ooops another one!) is still not funny.

I still say if anone but Queen 'fans' did this they would get shot down by the people here and rightly so.

Guess who's back?
Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 04, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't understand how anyone could spend longer than a few hours designing that website especially considering they have copied sections of the soapbox which lets face it is pretty basic design!

Its a free world you can say and do almost anything you want on the net as I said before its not my cup of tea and its not very funny but each to there own! Don't slag Brian off for not liking it and being offended by it he has every right to be and to say what he wants.

Any way old senile Rock Stars are a bit like the Mafia they have far more power than people realise I'm sure the site will be off line very shortly! lol

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!