Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > New Fan Song - We Will Rock You by Vinou

forum rss feed
Author

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jun 04, 02:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like it. It's an interesting approach, one that I think works. Good job. I love how there's a bit of Tear It Up in there, too.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 04, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yikes. Fresh?? It sounds like a bad cover from the 80's! Yuck, the style blows. Sorry, but I think this is worse than Rick's Ruined mix. At least it sounds decent, sonically.

Peace,
Adam.

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 04, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It does sound very 80's. But It's too not bad. It's WAY better than most versions of the song. The guitar's pretty cool. :P

P.S. How come it cuts off at the end before the finish?

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
sir vinou user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 04, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It really sounds very 80's cos it was recorded in 84 with cubase on my old Atari !!!
... and yes the guitar sounds good cos the guitarist who played on this track is a REALLY GOOD ONE...

thanx to Richard

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 04, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Either way, It's pretty cool. :P

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 04, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is the most interesting version I have heard since Queen and Five's version from 4 years ago (this July)

inu-liger

Posted: 16 Jun 04, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"P.S. How come it cuts off at the end before the finish?

Yeah, I'm wondering that too

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 04, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's just great.

I do not want any google ads here.

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1417 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 04, 22:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I liked it pretty much. I also liked the SOUND of it. Good work, Vinou.

...If I ever get a chance to fullfil my dream of producing an album of QUEEN covers by QUEEN fans from all over the world - something that was attempted at least twice but never happened. At least not in the way I want to do it, I mean with real interaction between the people involved.

Q-Nick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 356 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 04, 06:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Richard Orchard wrote:

In the musical, there was (is) a joke about "unchained melody" being released every two years by some homogenised pop singer.

Well...

Correct, but it was cut a long time ago. Wonder why......

www.freewebs.com/queentour2005

http://www.freewebs.com/queentour2005/car.htm

Queen + Paul Rodgers :: 2005 Tour Artwork and Bootleg Listing Sites
Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 04, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Eh eh eh maybe beacause We Will Rock YOu is released every week!!!!

I like this we will rock you
Vinou you're talented, you know how to arrange songs!
a little bit of 80' sound for us!

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
inu-liger

Posted: 17 Jun 04, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"...If I ever get a chance to fullfil my dream of producing an album of QUEEN covers by QUEEN fans from all over the world - something that was attempted at least twice but never happened. At least not in the way I want to do it, I mean with real interaction between the people involved."

You know what, Wilki? I was thinking along the same lines as what you were saying, basically!

It would be nice too, cos I would love to collaborate with Adam Baboolal and Bob Wegner (Guitar Hero). I can play drums, maybe a little bass, so why not get Adam singing and Bob playing guitar as well...?

Of course, a whole project like this would cost somewhere in the (barely) few hundreds (CDN dollar wise), because the way I would do it is record my parts (drums, bass, vocals), and send it on CD or DVD-R to Adam (as seperate "multitracked" PCM wave files), have him record his parts, send it to Bob, and have him do his part(s), and send it back to me for the final mixdown in stereo and in surround sound, as well as post-production.

It would be cheaper for those of us who either already are close knit with friends that play instruments, but for me it would be expensive.

But if we were to start, say this summer, I imagine that we could have recordings done by early next year, and by the time I'm done mixing and putting the songs together, there would be a release set for one year from now (June/July 2005).

But of course, to avoid legal royalty complications/issues, I would imagine we could get by by donating all proceeds (less media costs) to the 46664 ("4 double 6 6 4" :) ) campaign. I think we could raise a lot of money that way, especially if our covers are really worth the money being spent on the CD / DVD-A discs :)

Whaddaya guys think?

inu-liger

Posted: 17 Jun 04, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, also I wish to note that this October I will be recording "No-One But You" for QZ in both English and in Spanish ("Solo Por Ti"), with some friends.

I do need help though: Where can I get piano-bass-guitar chords/tablets? I need good website references for those three pieces I need

Wilki Amieva

Posted: 18 Jun 04, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, that is basically my dream.

Despite of the little musical input I can offer, I surely can manage to mix and/or master the tracks here on a professional digital studio. I do not care too much for the files being single or multitrack nor for their formats since I use most of them. The performers should agree on the recording being digital and maybe on its resolution, I mean both its sampling rate and bit depth (44/16, 48/16, 96/24, 192/32, etc).

Yes, we have talented people here, but I reckon it is still a difficult task. We did have talented people on the NO TIME FOR LOSERS project, which, despite BreakFree's great efforts, never saw the light...

A final note: Obviously - and this is the #1 rule - all profits should go to charity (I guess to any QUEEN-related cause: the 46664 campaing, the MPT, the BBMDA, etc).

Wilki Amieva

Posted: 18 Jun 04, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do have the sheet music of the QUEEN version of No-One But You. I guess you will find the cast version on the musical book on sale at QUEENOnLine. I do not have it at the moment.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8684 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 04, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it really sucks!

Killed by drones.
Adam Baboolal

Posted: 18 Jun 04, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a nice idea. I've always seen these sites that send recordings to each other to get certain instruments recorded, etc. But I've never tried. What songs?

But can I ask why I wouldn't be mixing the results? Remember, it's what I do for a living. I'm not familiar with your work, so post something and we'll decide, together.

A proof of concept is needed. And I think surround is out of the question. Too much for so little. Maybe go with 24-bit/96kHz. It depends on our systems. Compatibility and all that.

Peace,
Adam.

inu-liger

Posted: 18 Jun 04, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We should only record at max 96/24, because unless someone has access to MLP Lossless DVD-Audio mastering software, the most we can go on a DVD-Video audio disc is 96/24 PCM, 48/24 DTS / Dolby Digital 5.1.

I do have a basic DVD authoring program, TMPGEnc DVD Author, but it does not support DTS. And my cracked DTS encoder only does DTS 718kbps, as it does not properly work on the 1.536Mbps coding. My Dolby Digital encoder, also cracked, works fine though but I would rather prefer high quality DTS software simply for audio quality.

Will tell you guys what: When I get back from my vacation in late August, I will post details for the plans for a Queen covers CD (which of course like I said will raise funds towards 46664 AIDS Foundation) and how it will be done. I will work over these plans when I am in Ontario next month.

Adam Baboolal

Posted: 18 Jun 04, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds like a plan. Maybe we should select some songs to try before then. How many? Maybe 3-4?

Btw, I'd still record 24/96 because the final result will sound better. I remember when I made the change and it was v.pleasant. Only 2 months ago. Ahhh...

Let's forget the whole dvd thing. Keep things basic. Basic recordings. But we'll have to figure out what systems to use. I use my multi-track and then send to CubaseSX to mix. I just find that the most flexible. What do you all use?

Maybe for compatibility, I could put together a CEPro mix. I recently got Audition 1.5, which is basically CEPro in Adobe's house! It's really good for editing.

Peace,
Adam.

Wilki Amieva

Posted: 18 Jun 04, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Adam, I used to work in a recording studio not SO long ago - I am into digital image processing now. I am not familiar with your work either, although I read your comments regularly on this board and I have ever found them very clever.

I have one strong reason, nonetheless, for choosing myself over you, that reason being that I was talking about MY dream after all, and I do not feel myself acquainted with you in such a manner as to include you in my dreams.

Yet it was my dream, and just that. In real life, be my guest. I do not have time to spend in such businesses for the moment.