Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen mentioned in joke

forum rss feed
Author

FairyQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 353 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was watching the Dennis Miller show yesterday on CNBC and he was talking about how hard it was for John Kerry to find a Vice President so Miller said "Finding a vice president for Kerry is just as hard as finding a prom date for your web toed friend who wears a QUEEN t-shirt that hasn't... well...been worn since Queen opened for Leo Slayer"..It was pretty hilarious...he's very funny in general...I watch his show evry night...

"A man's private thought can never be a lie; what he thinks, is to him the truth, always." - Mark Twain

Visit my band's site at:

senecafalls.crystalflare.com

Josuè user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1970 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't get the joke, would you explain it? :S

An interview? Oh, don't be ridiculous...

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John Kerry is the demcratic presidential nominee and he still hasn't picked a vice president nominee yet for himself...but I don't know if you still get it...

"A man's private thought can never be a lie; what he thinks, is to him the truth, always." - Mark Twain

Visit my band's site at:

Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FairyQueen wrote:

your web toed friend who wears a QUEEN t-shirt that hasn't... well...been worn since Queen opened for Leo Slayer.

Is this Dark Myuutwo or what?

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL Flashman!

Visit my band's site at:

Josuè user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1970 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm dumb

An interview? Oh, don't be ridiculous...
Farlander user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 662 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dennis Miller is great. He was always my favorite Weekend Update guy on Saturday Night Live. He just has this dry, random humor that cracks me up every time.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

Josuè wrote:

I can't get the joke, would you explain it? :S

Don't feel bad Josue. Even for those who live in the U.S. Dennis Miller's jokes are either hard to understand or just not funny.

The guy is just a pathetic and completely unfunny comedian. No wonder why he was forced to explain his jokes on his website. What's more pathetic is that when you finally get a Dennis Miller joke by going to his site, you realize that you've just wasted your time finding the meaning of a totally unfunny joke.

Goes to shows that cons are just not funny. Bill Maher and Al Franken could kick Dennis Miller's ass anytime.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually since Josue is from Spain, I'm not surprised he didn't get it it's ok....anyway for thr American audience...Dennis Miller's jokes are only for the how you say..well educated or things that are completly random as said before...that's why he's hilarious...besidesI know you hate him because he likes Bush....Al Franken was sort of funny but never really was..only when he played that Smiley character on Saturday Night Live otherwise...I think he went off his rocker..but it was hilarious when he got into that fight with Bill O'Reilly on C-span...it was hilarious when Bill told Franken to Shut Up.....I think Bill O'Reilly seems to be more humourous than Franken..but...that's just me...I'm glad there's at least one celebrity that makes sense...that's Miller...people who know a lot about things like me..usually find his jokes hilarious....you have to be semi-educated...or maybe you don't care for joks that take time to think about...which I like...I like a challenge...

Visit my band's site at:

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:
The guy is just a pathetic and completely unfunny comedian. No wonder why he was forced to explain his jokes on his website. What's more pathetic is that when you finally get a Dennis Miller joke by going to his site, you realize that you've just wasted your time finding the meaning of a totally unfunny joke.

Of course, that's just Danny's opinion of the man. Not everyone agrees with his limited viewpoint.

I always found Dennis Miller funny on Weekend Update all those years ago, and the little I saw of his HBO show I liked. Miller does have a dry sense of humor and makes references to offbeat or obscure facts, so it's not for everyone. Those who get amused with quick sexual jokes or whose humor rarely rises above scatology probably don't find Miller funny. Many people do find him funny, however.

DJ's the man we love the most
Whatinthewhatthe? user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2210 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Dennis Miller meant "Leo Sayer", the guy who made You Make Me Feel Like Dancin' a disco hit in the 70s...and a dead-ringer for Richard Simmons too.
(AIIIEEEEEE!! Could've been William Hung!! LOL)

Posted: 21 Jun 04, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yea...I mean Leo Sayer...sorry I spelled the name incorrectly...

Visit my band's site at:

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 04, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*checks toes for webbing*

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 04, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fuck off, Flashman

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 04, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did ya spend the $500 you mooched from McD's yet, old Chum?

Actually, it's more like $450 after federal tax deductions. And no I haven't spent it all, yet. Next week though I'm going to my mum's out in Eastern Canada for almost two months for my summer vacation, so that's where the money's going towards.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 21 Jun 04, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seems like Dennis Miller is so smart by saying that Queen opened for Leo Sayer.

It's like saying that Led Zeppelin opened for The Osmonds.

Brandon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1803 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 04, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sooooo not the point, Jingles.
I like Miller a lot. Frankin and Maher are so left-wing and rely on political humor so much that they only appeal to a very limited part of the population. I watch Miller's show when I get the chance but one show I'll always watch is Tough Crowd. Now that's funny!

Whatinthewhatthe? user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2210 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 04, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not to start a new subject, but how many of you saw Queen on SNL (live, not tape)? I did -- I thought then they looked really nervous at first and then loosened up after the first song. I wish they had been on more than once. A real shame they never came back!

Matti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1619 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 04, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

......Wish I could see that one.....

Total Blam Blam