Forums > Personal > Why no tears for Paul?

forum rss feed
Author

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another American gets his head lopped off by those nasty brown men and still no tears. No web sites offering condolences and heartfelt sympathy. Shouldn't we be fuelling up the jets for the bombing?
C'mon folks, where's the outrage?
Please don't tell me it's because we didn't get to see this one in widescreen format with a directors commentary and deleted scenes.
I suppose a few grainy photos on a web site just isn't enough to get the righteous indignation flowing.

fatty.

Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seen one decapitation, seen 'em all - that's their trouble.

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.
FairyQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 353 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well...people are too scared to speak up because maybe in their country where fundamentalism rules..they will be killed...but usually the media doesn't give a shit when an American gets their head cut off.....but when terrorists are interrogated..they're outraged and want an apology...but they don't want an apology from a slime ball ass-face(that's why they cover up their faces) who has a fetish from cutting off people's heads...but thankfully those terrorists who killed Paul are now dead thanks to the Saudies..it's about time...their kingdom is under threat..and they don't mind killing terrorists...these terrorists are wackos..

"A man's private thought can never be a lie; what he thinks, is to him the truth, always." - Mark Twain

Visit my band's site at:

senecafalls.crystalflare.com

Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've cried my tears privately.

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i am with Janet and Barry.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So because I didn't cry I'm not a decent human being?

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 01:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Apparently so. Make that two non-human beings.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 06:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barry_uk wrote:

"I've cried my tears privately."

I think most decent human beings have.

I'm not a decent human being.

Now I know.

Thanks!

Actually, I'm not a human being at all, because I thought that 9/11 was simply a hell of a show. No tears back then either.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 09:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whisperer,

that is a horrible thing to say about 9/11.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

fatty fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 0 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 09:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Government Fat Cats couldn't give a sh*t anyway! as long as they are OK then as far as they are concerned it doesnt matter.

People are out there fighting and doing the dammned best they can and the government just sit there and talk-why dont they go and pick up arms and fight for what they believe in rather than just hiding behind other people.

Or maybe they don't believe in it themselves, they are just trying to get themselves down in history-they will, but for the wrong reasons.

FF

Fatty I love you!

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It certainly is, Lisser, but that is how I feel. I'm not hypocritical. As longs as there are no people I care for involved, I don't give a shit about what happens.

Of course I could lie like many other people and say that the death of that Paul guy for example ruined my entire weekend, but I won't.

Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 12:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He knew the risks of working in Saudi, the US State Department advised their citizens to leave. He made his choice - and lost.

Although I don't condone what happened to him, neither will I cry for him.

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whisperer wrote:

As longs as there are no people I care for involved, I don't give a shit about what happens.

And they say that altruism is dead.

There is a world outside your window; you might want to take a look sometime.

DJ's the man we love the most
~Silje~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 978 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 13:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look, we see these things every day. If I was to take everything to my heart, I wouldn't be able to live on. In today's society it's just instinctive to shut out most of what happens, because we want to keep our sanity.

Just like Whisperer, I'm not going to be any hypocrite. Yes, it's horrible that Paul from America got his head cut off. Also, it's horrible that so many children starve, that so many young women are raped, that so many humanbeings are killed, that so many millions suffer, that the Twin Towers collapsed, that there is a war in Iraq, that people died there and people died there and people were tortured and - come on, everything is horrible today! I read about Paul, I thought it was horrible, then I forgot about it. That's how it is. A woman died in Norway in a town I visit every summer. I thought it was horrible, then I went out and had fun. A 16 year old boy drowned in the river outside my family cottage some days ago. Horrible, too, but I haven't shed a tear.

Give it a break, don't jump on everyone who just can't have their lives ruined because of everything that happens in this fucked up world. Most humans are like me, they think "it's horrible" they talk it over with someone they know and say "yeah, it's terrible" - but behind their words they're still more upset over something their S/O said yesterday which hurt them. That's how humans are today, and they can be no other way without going under.

If God intended us to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

~Silje~ wrote:

Give it a break, don't jump on everyone who just can't have their lives ruined because of everything that happens in this fucked up world.

What people are suggeting is that we cannot become so complacent over events that surround us that we ignore them entirely and bury our heads in the sand.

I certainly have not ruined my life over what happen the other day, nor did September 11 dictate that my life cannot go on. But I do have some degree of respect for others and their families that I refuse to call the deaths of 3000 people a "good show."

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good text, Silje.

Well, that's what the media made, a huge show. What would you call all those live transfers and doezens of slow motion replays from different angles? The whole thing was like a huge action movie. Yes, it was real and people suffer, but so do thousands of other people around the world EVERY DAY. They don't get 3 minutes of silence on the next day after their death.

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

here here

Chom own mudder fukker.

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, the fact that their deaths were conviently recorded by the news media and replayed in slow motion is cause to diminish their impact?

I do not enjoy seeing people die or suffer, regardless of nationality or beliefs. When we ignore others and become so enured to violence and suffering, we begin to lose a bit of our own humanity. Calling the deaths of 3000 people, regardless of the situation or manner of their demise, a "good show" is crude and callous.

Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's nobody whose skin I value greater than my own, but even I despair at some of your comments.

By God, did our ancestors live through such desperate times for the next generation to become so spineless? Your blasé attitudes to the death of an innocent may well be understandable, but they are also unforgivable. Your shame is still outweighed by the bravery and valour of people who have fought for your very being here to dismiss them off-hand as if they did not matter.

Mind you, I'm also a hypocrite.
I'd love to be able to do something about it, but I just can't be arsed.

Sue me.

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.
FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are we referring to me here?

If we are, I am making my Nick Berg site into a Nick Berg/Paul Johnson site as soon as I get on the computer I have the site stored on...

Does anyone have any info on Mr. Johnson? I plan to get started as soon as I switch over to my work computer tomorrow.

"Brian May, Freddie will."