Forums > Personal > Read this email from Andy Rooney......

forum rss feed
Author

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jun 04, 23:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

A couple of real quotes from Rooney near the bottom of that page at snopes.com:

"About a year ago, I became aware of a more serious theft of my name and it is so hurtful to my reputation that it calls for legal action against the thief. Hundreds of people have written asking if I really wrote the 20 detestable remarks made under my name that have had such wide circulation on the Internet."

"Some of the remarks, which I will not repeat here, are viciously racist and the spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally inconsistent with my philosophy of life. It is apparent that the list of comments has been read by hundreds of thousands of Americans, many of whom must believe that it accurately represents opinions of mine that I don't dare express in my column or on television. It is seriously damaging to my reputation."

DJ's the man we love the most
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"It's about time some ne has enough balls to say this."

Some people have been saying dumb, ill-informed things like this for years. The reason *most* people don't say them is because they realise how stupid they would sound if they did. This email (false or not) is nothing but a thinly disguised redneck manifesto of intolerance and stupidity masquerading as a kind of everyman folk wisdom.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
TheMiracle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2062 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 01:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I totally agree with Rooney, just last night I had this discussion with one of my friends for nearly an hour. He had the same exact viewpoint of rooney.

"I feel that when I'm old, I'll look at you & know the world was beautiful..."

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Yes. But he said this on TV. Thsi sin't a note someone put his name to."

No, he didn't read this on TV and this is exactly a note that someone put his name on. Rooney never said this or wrote it.

If you follow the link, snopes.com says this is an email that has no association with Andy Rooney.
From snopes: "this piece elaborating on his own politics is not his creation"
They looked at Rooney's transcripts for the past 10 years and could not find it. Furthermore, they found another email falsely attributed to George Carlin that was very similar to this one. Finally, they quoted Rooney himself denying that he ever wrote this or spoke it (the above quotes that I refered to in my first post). Rooney's quotes on snopes pretty much sum up his opinion on the matter.

Snopes exists solely to debunk or verify urban legends and this one they debunked as false. Follow the link and see for yourself. As Holly alludes to, this email is extremist ideology hoping for legitmacy by associating itself with someone famous and opinionated.

This has nothing to do with Rooney.

jasen101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 01:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Andy Rooney is an old redneck cunt who will hopefully die soon. He is a racist in disguise. He's angry with the world because he's figured out nobody cares about his lame opinions. Maybe this email was expressing his anger about the fact that the good ole white town folk don't gose a lookin fors a niga to string up on the weekend anymore.

Freddie: "Yes, we'll have a great big cock fly over the crowd!"

Roadies: "Yeah! Great Idea!"

Freddie: "And it will fly into a great big mouth with a moustache!"

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 01:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shouldn't he be closer to 84/85 than he is 82? I mean my mathematics isn't great but my grandmother was born in 1919 and she was 84 when she passed away last year.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 01:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jasen101 wrote:

Andy Rooney is an old redneck cunt who will hopefully die soon. He is a racist in disguise. He's angry with the world because he's figured out nobody cares about his lame opinions. Maybe this email was expressing his anger about the fact that the good ole white town folk don't gose a lookin fors a niga to string up on the weekend anymore.

Once again, follow the link. Rooney had nothing to do with this email. Thanks for promoting a hackneyed southern stereotype, though.

jasen101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 01:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Zeni...where in the states are u from? It must be somewhere that people would find the comic in your profile amusing.

Freddie: "Yes, we'll have a great big cock fly over the crowd!"

Roadies: "Yeah! Great Idea!"

Freddie: "And it will fly into a great big mouth with a moustache!"

pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Typical zoner topic. No-one really reads what others post.
(or what Zeni posted...)

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 04, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I read it all and I do think Bill Gates should be able to keep every penny he makes from his company if he chooses to. I know he contributes heavily to multiple charities. I don't think its his fault that only he came up with the most inovative software and whatever else he has thought of.

I can think of other monopolies that piss me off. In my area there is only one telephone company to choose from and their services are horrible. Our bill is always wrong and when you have to call customer service on your cell phone bc your service goes out for no reason, you have to wait a huge amount of time to speak to someone and even then you are told it will be $99/hour to fix that. I have no other choice for telephone service nor do I have a choice in the electric company that services my home. So what choice do I have to shop around if I think their rates are too high or I am not happy with the service? If laundry detergent is $5 at Target but is $4 at Kmart, then I can choose to buy it at Kmart bc its cheaper. These are things that bother me. Bill Gates and his billions don't bother me. I am happy for his fortune.

On the other issues, I have mixed opinions. Whoever wrote it, I can see their views yet I can also see the views of someone who would disagree with what was written.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!