Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > The Miracle/Innuendo songs.

forum rss feed
Author

queenrocks! 10902 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 455 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jun 04, 13:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi you know the songs on The Miracle/Innuendo and they are all Queen compositions. Well which compositions should have gone to Freddie,Brian,Roger and John. This what I think.
Party:Queen
Khashoggi's Ship:Freddie
The Miracle:Freddie
I Want It All:Brian
The Invisible Man:Roger
Breakthru:John
Rain Must Fall:Brian & Roger
Scandal:Freddie,Brian and Roger
My Baby Does Me:John
Was It All Worth It:Freddie
Hang On In There:Roger
Chinese Torture:Brian
The Invisible Man (12" Version):Roger
Innuendo:Freddie
I'm Going Slightly Mad:Freddie
Headlong:Roger
I Can't Live With You:Brian
Don't Try So Hard:Freddie
Ride The Wild Wind:Roger
All God's People:Queen
These Are The Days Of Our Lives:Roger
Delilah:Freddie
The Hitman:Brian
Bijou:Brian
The Show Must Go On:Roger

I'm just a musical prostitute my dear!

FREDDIE MERCURY 1984
Josuè user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1970 posts

Posted: 29 Jun 04, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no thoughts, just facts... go and visit sebastian's site.

he's the master

An interview? Oh, don't be ridiculous...
queenrocks! 10902 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 455 posts

Posted: 29 Jun 04, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Two words about that website bloody brilliant!

I'm just a musical prostitute my dear!

FREDDIE MERCURY 1984
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 29 Jun 04, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some of those songs are credited wrong. TSMGO was Brian's, Breakthru was Roger's, Scandal was Brian's, etc. Sebastian's site is great for giving due credit.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 04, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How on earth can Headlong be Roger's?

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6326 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 04, 06:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To be fair, the music of Show Must Go On is 80% constructed over a chord progression that was being played by Roger & Someone. Brian said in 1994 that "Someone" was John, in 2001 that "Someone" was John & Freddie, and in 2003 that "Someone" was himself.

About `Headlong` - That song could have been written by Roger. I mean we know it wasn`t (although it did go through changes once it was decided as a band track, not a Brian solo, but those changes were most likely in the arrangement than the songwriting, and a couple of lyrics maybe), but this is one of the cases that analyses can`t solve for sure. The song itself is very simple and could have been written by anyone. We do know it`s Brian because he said so.

Different case to All God`s People, for instance

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Sebastian

Posted: 01 Jul 04, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You`re right, but there are in fact some contradictions:

1991 - "We put drums on a loop and then I put chords to it"

1994 - "TSMGO came from Roger and John playing the sequence and I started to put things down. I sat down with Freddie and we decided what the theme should be and wrote the first verse"

2001 - "John and Freddie and Roger had been playing around with things in the studio and I heard one of the sequences they had come up with, and I could just hear the whole thing descending from the skies... I did some demos, chopped things up, did some singing demos and some guitar and got it to a point where I could play it to the guys, and they all thought it was something worth pursuing"

So, Fred was with him or was with Roger and John? The chords were by him or he heard them from the others? Fred and him decided the theme of the song and started it or Brian did demos and showed them to the guys? Doesn`t make sense.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Sebastian

Posted: 01 Jul 04, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a quick response, it looks like a chat already! Which is nice. Yes the story is very blurred still, but I doubt it`d get cleared at all because as time goes by Brian`s (and anyone`s) memory gets more distorted. So if in 1991 and 1994 he contradicted (very shortly after the song recording), I would expect more and more confusions nowadays. Perhaps in GVIII he`ll say that he created the sequence and John wrote the lyrics :)

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 04, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From those quotes is just sounds like the putting together of a song by those 4 individuals. Everyone has something to bring to it via writing, arranging, chord sequence ideas, certain sounds, etc. What stands out from those quotes is the group working together to make a great song.

Peace,
Adam.