Forums > Personal > Is there anyone here who doesn't like U2?

forum rss feed
Author

Jean_Luc2000 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 04, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't what it is with this band. They have had massive success, there album The Joshua Tree is one the highest selling albums of all time.

Despite this I find them extremely bland, boring and dull. For me being 'Boring' and calling yourself a 'rock Band' is a crime against rock.

Is it because I'm so use to the levels of excitement Queen delivers in there music and live performances that any band would fail to live up to my expectations or is Bono and/or U2 generally not great entertainers?

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 04, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

me

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 04, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't say i hate them... but theres nothing in their music which i like. I also think they are one of the most overated groups of all time.

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 04, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never been a fan, Never will be.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Liquid Scream user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 478 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 04, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bono is a tool!

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 04, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOVE THE 80s U2
Can't tell you for sure if U2 was the biggest band of the 80s, but they were indeed one of best. They brought a new original sound that made them stand above other new wave bands from the 80s, although I still think that Depeche Mode was better and received less aclaim than U2. Nevertheless through the 80s U2 was an excellent band.

HATE THE 90s U2
Let's face it, most of the stuff U2 did in the 90s did REALLY SUCK DONKEY BALLS. There's nothing more pathetic than a band that has no interest in making REAL MUSIC but rather trying to experiment with techno and electronica sounds and put them on an album no matter how bad it sounds. The worst part of all is that U2 put out two shit albums 'Zooropa' and 'Pop', while still being praised by critics and receiving prestigious awards.
And what can we say about their lame live shows? U2 became nothing but a joke of arrogance and extravagance with Bono dressing up as a drag queen looking demon called Mecphisto who did nothing but hit awful falsettos and hump cameras on stage.

U2 TODAY
Back on their feet, and back to their roots... THANK GOD!

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 13 Jul 04, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can understand why some people say that U2 is kinda overated.

But they are not nearly as overated as 'The Police'. It sickens me how Sting has been so praised by ripping off Bob Marley on most of his songs.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 04, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't like them either.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

SergeantPepperDG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1725 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 04, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have absolutely no opinion on them.

Kay Adams Corleone- The ultimate desperate housewife
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 04, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like some of their earlier stuff, but they are ovverated, in my opinion.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 04, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

U2 - all their songs sound the same with that rapid guitar wanking sound.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
The Black Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 852 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 04, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate U2.

Freddie about Roger 'Trouser Snake' Taylor:

"A nice guy, but dont ever let him show you his home videos...the dirty little sod."
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 04, 02:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

U2 are boring and Bono is an arrogant idiot.

pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 04, 03:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally, I wouldn't listen to them in an elevetor if my life dependend on it. Oh yeah, except for 'Walk On' and that 'Stuck In A Moment' song, those were good :-P. And I still fail to see why some consider Bono as a charismatic frontman...

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

Into La Ment user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 160 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 04, 07:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm... my father has been informing me for ages now, as to how U2 are supposed to be a great band. But I just can't see it. Nothing they have ever done has endeared me to them whatsoever, and the more of their music I hear, the more I become convinced that they have actually managed to attain new levels of dullness never before reached by any band...

So... no, I don't like them.

Previously known as 'Poodle Permed'.
Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 04, 07:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd rather go and buy Hot Space and listen to that - U2, and Bono in particular, iritate me endlessly.

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 04, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

don't like them

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
Under Pressure user not visiting Queenzone.com
Under Pressure
Bohemian: 989 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 04, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They're, at best, bland. Never really adored more than a handful of their songs, and I dislike that they get so much credit.

Also, I generally dislike bands who get popular by using their music to make political statements, so that everyone who agrees with that statement buys their albums. (Cranberries do this a bit as well.) Like Michael Moore, who is a terrible director, but gets cash by making docus about things many people agree on.

"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." - FM
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 14 Jul 04, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can see that the hatred towards U2 is most likely based on Bono's arrogance. Same reason why people hate Oasis so much based mainly on the attitude of the Gallaghers... although I have to say that Oasis wasn't really good and most of their songs were Beatles rip-offs.

During the early 90s he called U2 "the biggest band on the planet" at a time when Guns N' Roses, Metallica, and Nirvana were without a doubt more popular than U2.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 14 Jul 04, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perceived arrogance. Perhaps U2 make some of you feel guilty that they are doing charity/politcal work and you are not? I've noticed Queen fans generally don't like "political" bands. Not very open-minded but then again, there's no accounting for taste...

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)