Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > WWRY DVD - anyone looking for a copy?

forum rss feed
Author

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, I was wondering: I know some of yas have heard good things about the 2001 USA/Canada re-release DVD of the Queen concert film "We Will Rock You", but also that some of yas find the DVD to be expensive (from what I've heard).

What I was wondering was, if I offered to burn copies of this DVD really cheap, would some of you buy a copy of WWRY off of me?

(I can make both NTSC and PAL versions of the DVD as well, if that adds any interest)

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now you are advertising your pirating of Queen product on QZ?

DJ's the man we love the most
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NOT official product - please.

Anyone who wants the Canadian DVD should purchase the disc. There are many universal DVD stores or try http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/ if your are looking for a Canadian specific store.

I think you miss the point of DVD sharing Dark.

The thing about "Freddie's Millions", "Freddie's Loves", "TFI Friday" or "This Morning" interviews, is that they were freely broadcast - and that they are NOT commercially available.

It is perfectly reasonable to record a show (afterall that is why VHS was invented) for personal home use, and I dare say most authorites would turn a blind eye to swapping off-air recordings for personal use also, however, turning those off-air recordings into a commercial venture, and even worse - re-recording official product is illegal, and it can lead you into very serious problems.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not interested.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jeez, get a clue, Dark. £20 or $47 canadian, doesn't seem expensive. And of course, there's always Ebay.

Peace,
Adam.

inu-liger

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"It is perfectly reasonable to record a show (afterall that is why VHS was invented) for personal home use, and I dare say most authorites would turn a blind eye to swapping off-air recordings for personal use also, however, turning those off-air recordings into a commercial venture, and even worse - re-recording official product is illegal, and it can lead you into very serious problems"

Well, I suppose your right.

Btw. you never replied to the message I posted for you

Hold on while I get the link...

inu-liger

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=367689

Read my message, Mr. Stuart

NoOneButYou1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2320 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hrmm

I'm caught in between with a fading dream ..........

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QueenForADay

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dark... for a long time queenzoner, you disappoint me. Yours is a really bad idea.

inu-liger

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Which idea? And why?

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd be interested Dark. Any chance you could also copy the GVH dvd's?

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well the idea to copy something which is easily available. money isn't the issue here... if everyone bought DVDR's would Queen Productions bother to release anything new ever again?

(and i realise WWRY wasn't released by QP)

if you offered to sell DVDs containing interviews, clips, unreleased concert footage - that in my eyes would not be a problem. In fact i would welcome it.

inu-liger

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I'd be interested Dark. Any chance you could also copy the GVH dvd's?"

Here comes a long one...

I can, possibly. The only problem is that, if memory serves me correct, the main GVH DVD discs are dual-layered, and I only have a single-layer DVD burner for the moment (I do plan on getting a Sony DRU-700A Dual Layer burner in the future, but I know that won't be for several months for sure), so I may have to make omissions (eg. only use the PCM audio tracks, which save a lot of space and sacrifice the need to re-encode the video to make it fit), or split up the videos between discs. Also, I don't as of yet have a DVD encoder on my PC that allows DTS tracks to be input, officially. I did get some software downloaded to CD with some cracks as well, but I won't be back home from my vacation until August 23rd next month, so I won't know for sure if, if you do require the DTS tracks intact, that if I will be able to burn DVD's with DTS tracks.

That aside, what format do you need the DVD's to be in? NTSC or PAL?
The only DVD I have both NTSC and PAL copies of is the GVH2 DVD - anything else, I will have to re-encode with my video software if I have to, if you need PAL DVD's, which personally I don't care either way, even though re-encoding takes a very long time :P.

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd need PAL copies - as I'm in Europe my player won't support NTSC I think.

MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inu Yasha wrote:

Hey, I was wondering: I know some of yas have heard good things about the 2001 USA/Canada re-release DVD of the Queen concert film "We Will Rock You", but also that some of yas find the DVD to be expensive (from what I've heard).

What I was wondering was, if I offered to burn copies of this DVD really cheap, would some of you buy a copy of WWRY off of me?

(I can make both NTSC and PAL versions of the DVD as well, if that adds any interest)

is this a joke?
damn it, i didn't think you could be more of an imbecile

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
inu-liger

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"if you offered to sell DVDs containing interviews, clips, unreleased concert footage - that in my eyes would not be a problem. In fact i would welcome it."

I wouldn't have a problem with that either myself. But see, the thing is Mr. Stuart wishes to send DVD-R masters of the above mentioned for me and other Queenzoners with DVD-burners to copy and distribute freely to other Queenzoners and non-Queenzoners (aka QOL'ers or other Queen fans), and I respect him for freely giving out all these rare materials, which few people have in the condition he apparently has them in, and I don't mind sharing DVD's with others for free.

The only issue is, I am not a tree made out of money. I have to find some way to buy DVD-R media, postage, and CD-sized envelopes in order to distribute the DVD's. I cannot afford anything really, at the moment, because I don't have a job, and my Mickey-D's money is all gone now (spent on LaserDiscs, CDs & records, and my current vacation). I only even have just a few blank DVD-R discs left. I'm only lucky I saved so many empty CD jewel cases even!
If I had a job, which won't happen until sometime after I get back home, I would gladly pay all the costs myself! The only problem, again, is I don't have a job, so I have no money to share DVD's. Plain and simple. Even John can understand that.

That's one reason I'm offering to make people DVD-R's of some of my DVD's cheap (not just Queen DVD's), so that I can raise money to help pay for the shipping costs until I can get a job, in which then I will pay all the costs myself.....or unless someone here will lend me a small but good amount of money (which I doubt personally), but I don't see that happening.

inu-liger

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I'd need PAL copies - as I'm in Europe my player won't support NTSC I think."

All right, that's just whar I needed to know.

So, let me get this straight:

Do you want both GVH DVD's (1&2) AND the WWRY DVDs burnt, once they've been converted?
Also, in case I can't use DTS tracks, you wouldn't mind just having PCM tracks as audio tracks, would you? (I could always find some way of converting the DTS tracks to Dolby Digital 5.1, providing I get the help I need with an issue relating to that sort of conversion - my software right now only allows PCM, MP2, and AC3 (DD), but if my new software permits DTS, then it won't be much of a problem)

Also, what country do you live in? I need to know for shipping rate purposes, so I can come up with an estimate.

inu-liger

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh hey Pim, I don't know what Queen DVD's you may also have, but just in case, I thought I'd pass down my list of my Queen DVD collection as well, in case there's some other DVD's you want:

Freddie Mercury Tribute
Live At Wembley Stadium
The Freddie Mercury Video Collection
ANATO / The Game (DVD-Audio discs)

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I need those. I live in the Netherlands.

inu-liger

Posted: 26 Jul 04, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are you pulling my leg?

Btw. Your profile says Netherlands