Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Over the last month..............

forum rss feed
Author

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There has been a HELL of a lot of 'newbies' coming on here! Is this the beginning of a new 'Queenmania' phase or is someone just taking the piss?? Cos the topics seem to be quite crap too!

Oh yeah, and I got GH3 on vinyl today, its quite nice :)

Chom own mudder fukker.
QueenZeppelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 316 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perhaps both. I know at my high school there are a lot of people who listen to Queen through the Greatest Hits 1-2 box collection. As for taking the piss, I know for myself I try to read up as much as I can on something before I post subjects on a message board about it. One would hope that a newbie wondering the meaning behind Bohemian Rhapsody (the meaning of which, by the way, was readily evident to me when I first listened to it) would search around on the boards to find the answer first before making a whole new subject devoted to it.

"Have you ever seen or touched any monkeys?"
Brian_Mays_Wig

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You see, you sound quite 'normal' for a newbie! Im not picking out names, topics or thickasfuckness, but even some older users of this board are posting wank topics at the moment cos they seem to be in fashion!

Chom own mudder fukker.
queenrocks! 10902 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 455 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I appreciate newbies for joining this site they might regret it though in about two years!
The word 'newbie' should be in the next edition of the Oxford English Dictionary!

I'm just a musical prostitute my dear!

FREDDIE MERCURY 1984
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's been a wave of people getting into classic rock lately, so that could be the reason. But once you get one stupid topic, you have more that follow. It's the domino effect.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perhaps they've all seen the musical?

:-)

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
Brian_Mays_Wig

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do not think im being harsh in the slightest! Im not a Queen 'boffin', I just love their music. If ever I needed info then Id look it up, instead of posting useless rubbish on here! We all need info, and share opinions! Its just that some people are more intelligent than others!

Chom own mudder fukker.
agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its may be (as someone else mentioned in another topic)the result of summer holidays.

bored kids... with nothing to do.

Matti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1619 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah, it's kinda fun :p

Total Blam Blam
FriedChicken user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Perhaps they've all seen the musical?

:-) "

If they seen the musical wouldn't they stay away from Queenzone? :-S

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
VmS user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

B_M_W (the wiggy one) wrote:

There has been a HELL of a lot of 'newbies' coming on here! Is this the beginning of a new 'Queenmania' phase or is someone just taking the piss?? Cos the topics seem to be quite crap too!

I guess I'm a "newbie" even though I've been visiting this site for a while. However, I only joined today. Despite the fact that I am a new fan of Queen (I'm 16 and I have liked them for a while but have only become really interested in the past couple of years) I hope I have a reasonable amount of knowledge on Queen. I will try desperately hard not to ask "silly questions" - even though I only joined today, I have read some of the topics that you are talking about and I can see what you mean.
Younger people are starting to get into Queen music- as someone said earlier, compared to the kind of music that is around these days, it is a welcome change. :-)

Oh, and, uh, hi.

Emma

SergeantPepperDG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1725 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gunpowder Gelatine wrote:

There's been a wave of people getting into classic rock lately, so that could be the reason. But once you get one stupid topic, you have more that follow. It's the domino effect.

I've been into classic rock since I was 2!

Kay Adams Corleone- The ultimate desperate housewife

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know a lot of people have loved it forever, but there have been a lot of people getting into the music lately, but whether it's because they actually like it or because it's trendy, I don't know. There was an article online a few months ago, but I can't for the life of me remember where it came from.

It's either that or all the rap that's so huge here now.

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken wrote:

"If they've seen the musical wouldn't they stay away from Queenzone? :-S"

Well, I'm still here, am I !

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
rmtfictionqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 125 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I lurk more than I post cause I only speak when I have something to say. And I'm not really that much of a newbie either. And I know I've posted more than four times cause the board has been acting up and Richard is fixing it and making it better.

I do think that more and more ppl are getting attracted to Queen or getting into them again. And why not? They are a great band and why shouldn't they get more fans all the time. The Beatles are getting more fans all the time so why shouldn't Queen?

the oppositionist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 882 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I sorta welcome newbies wholeheartedly because i think of queen now more as a label to sell. (as brian seems to!) The more that come in and spread the word, the more the music will live on and spread. we all say things and ask things at the beginning that seem trivial, id love to look up pims early posts :D but like mrs badguy said, its all good really. we just need patience!

melinadeacon@queenzone.com
GonnaUseMyPrisoners user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

B_M_W (the wiggy one) wrote:

There has (SIC) been a HELL of a lot of 'newbies' coming on here! Is this the beginning of a new 'Queenmania' phase or is someone just taking the piss?? Cos the topics seem to be quite crap too!

Your topics have been nothing but exemplary, though, REALLY. Or, should I say "topic"... but it was really a whiny "gripe", now, wasn't it? Difficult to assign any merit to your assessment of "crap" being that we haven't really got any quality ones of YOURS to compare them to, now do we? If newbie topics don't interest you, why not create better ones?

Not everyone creates new topics, but not everyone is so bold in their attacks on the worthiness of new participants.

Your judmental brand of arrogance would not be missed were it to disappear. Don't you have a wife or a dog to beat?

...gonna use my prisoners, gonna give 'em the business...
thePresence user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 362 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SergeantPepperDG wrote:

Gunpowder Gelatine wrote:

I've been into classic rock since I was 2!

I've been into classic roc since the day i was born!

-"BETTER TO BURP AND TASTE IT THAN TO FART AND WASTE IT!"

- FOUR WORDS:"MMM, DAT PEEL GOOD!"

-"GOT FRUIT?"

-QUEEN RULES! ANY QUESTIONS?

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 21:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not talking about anybody on these boards; I know everyone on here is here because they love the music, not because it's 'popular' or whatever. I'm just talking about people I know who wear Led Zeppelin shirts and can't even tell you more than three songs by them.

LiarLiar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 23:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a fan of Queen since I was 15 years old (back 1992) and a queenzoner since last year. Yet this just is my third post; I prefer to be behind the scene (in part because I am so busy with muy graduate studies), because just a small percentage of the posted topics are REALLY worth of attention.

If people want to CHAT just go to the chat room and don't chat in the TOPICS forum, if you want to debate, learn and follow an interesting thread, please do it here.