forum rss feed
Author

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 23:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John Kerry sent me letter begging for money.

"end the Bush presidency" ... "drive Bush from the White House" ... "ending Republican assaults" ... "break George Bush's grip on the White House" ... "wrestled power from George Bush"

Does Kerry have any other opinions other than his dislike for Bush?

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Brandon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1803 posts

Posted: 28 Jul 04, 23:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He obviously needs money. The man (And his wife) make the Bushes look like paupers.

geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's sent me about 865 of those. That's the only thing he ever wants you to do, if you volunteer for his campaign.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, yes, Kerry has many other opinions (subject to change).

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He needs money in order to make bigger coins. If they put him on one, it'll need to be bigger than a silver dollar for his big head. :)

"Hope... is on... the way..."
My Dad: Well, good for Hope.

"Brian May, Freddie will."
geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

_Manley_M@tthew_ wrote:

He has my vote, and support in the elections this year.

I just can't understand why some of you are on the Dubbya bandwagon. He is a liar, and the cause of the relationships between the US and their 'allies' falling to pieces. He should be proud of himself for the countless deaths of American lives, and those lives of innocents in Iraq. WOMD. Um, sure George. You just wanted Daddy to be proud of the little Bush and finish what he started. Not to mention he is an ignorant, arrogant, stupid bastard. Sounds just like his pop 'eh?

I'm supporting him too, but I'd feel better about it if he weren't such a wimp.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

_Manley_M@tthew_ wrote:

Not to mention he is an ignorant, arrogant, stupid bastard. Sounds just like his pop 'eh?

Wow. I can voice my dislike of Kerry and what he stands for simply here: he doesn't stand for anything. He stands for "I'm not Bush". Well neither am I, does that mean I should be president.

And frankly, I don't like the way you toss around things like "he's ignorant and stupid", and also the way you act like anyone who disgrees politically with you is a complete idiot and "on the bandwagon". I'm not on anyone's bandwagon, I support Bush because Bush stands for what /I/ believe, and if that mean I support an "ignorant, arrogant, stupid bastard" then I do. You could have made your point, had you had one, without resorting to name calling, thank you very much.

I'm sorry, but I'm getting tired of all of the bashing of Bush and his supporters that happens on this board. I could care less if you support Kerry, but when you insinuate that we are stupider than you, and that you know so much better, then you're crossing a line that shouldn't be crossed. I'm not standing here calling Kerry or anyone else I disagree with a "stupid bastard".

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

_Manley_M@tthew_ wrote:

Hmm...I don't think I directed my opinion AT anyone in paticular. If you feel it was troward you, then ooops...sorry.

So you are a Bush backer. So what. If you would like to see this country go further into a tailspin than it has been in the last 50 years, then I could care less. You probably watch FOX News too. And no doubt you are blinded by the 'patiotism' act he has been operating under the guise of almost since he first took office. Tell you what. You give me valid proof that he isn't a liar, murderer and complete moron, and I'll listen to you. If not, I have nothing else to say on the subject. Pack a lunch, you'll need it.

Yes, I do watch Fox News, along with every other news channel.

You'd like valid proof? How about the fact that Clinton knew about Osama bin Laden, he watched the first WTC attack unfold, and what did he do? The first WTC attack, that was back by the Iraqis? Nothing.

Later, he used NATO for purposes it wasn't intended for to direct the media's attention away from the Lewinsky scandal. What is your opinion on that?

He also appointed the head of the CIA, who couldn't figure out what was going on enough to stop terrorism.

He was also president when two U.S. embassies were bombed. He was also president when terrorists blew up the U.S.S. Cole. What did he do? Nothing.

Bush, on the other hand, indeed used patrioism. He used patriotism to rally a broken country, to get through a horrendous massacre that could have destroyed another nation. He launched an attack against Afghanistan which is still going on today. Maybe it's not in the news, but we still have men and women there searching for the members of Al-Quaeda. This is something that should have been done long ago.

And Iraq? What about the sarin gas that has been found? That is indeed a weapon of mass destruction. The Iraqis backed both WTC bombings. Saddam was gassing his own people, and you call Bush a murderer? We should have stepped in and taken down Saddam the tyrant ages ago. Now we have him and, hopefully, he'll get what's coming to him.

Krizzy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1806 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Boy FGT are you misguided! The facts still remains that no WMD were found in Iraq as Bush had spoonfed to the American public to go into Iraq and take down Hussein.

By his declaration of war (and if you know your history, dear the Prez needs no congressional approval to declare war, no matter how futile!)

He has made not only NATO and the EU take the defensive and lose face in many countries instead of working with those Middel Eastern countries that surround Iraq.

Meanwhile our young men and women keep being killed as well as many innocent Iraqi ppl.

So you want Bush for four more years! Not me, sweetie! I want a future for my family! I want our troops of young ppl to come home and live the rest of their young lives! I want someone in the White House who knows the cost of war both financially and personally, John Kerry has my vote!

Out with that lousy shrub!

Kriz ;o)

Long Live Queen!!!

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And you don't call sarin gas a weapon of mass destruction?

You think Bush is killing more people than Saddam was?

Margo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 611 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 15:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I fully support kerry. of course- I'm not goving him any money, but thats because I don't have any. (I was a "Deaniac", but can't be any more because he dropped out). I support Kerry's views on pretty much everything, which, considering that I don't agree with Bush at all, is pretty good.

and I'm not bush and should be presidant. but that's just MY humble opinion. :P

Like c.elegans except bigger and more tasty.

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Margo wrote:

I fully support kerry. of course- I'm not goving him any money, but thats because I don't have any. (I was a "Deaniac", but can't be any more because he dropped out). I support Kerry's views on pretty much everything, which, considering that I don't agree with Bush at all, is pretty good.

and I'm not bush and should be presidant. but that's just MY humble opinion. :P

I would vote for you :)

iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

US/British/Russian intelligence all said there *was* WMD in Iraq--

9/11 Commission-Senate Intelligence Committee-Lord Butlers investigation--all concluded Bush did not lie

Kerry and Edwards-- who had the same intelligence reports Bush did-- voted for the war....

so how in the hell is just Bush made out to be the liar????

i asked this two weeks ago--and i noticed it was not answered-- why is Kerry and Edwards being absolved but Bush is being villified for it???

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

Brandon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1803 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Krizzy wrote:

Boy

By his declaration of war (and if you know your history, dear the Prez needs no congressional approval to declare war, no matter how futile!)

Kriz ;o)

Apparently, you don't know your "history." (Shouldn't it be US law? Or, at the very least political science?) Anyway, only CONGRESS can declare war, not the president who is commander in chief.

And unfortunately, I think the upcoming election is between the evils of two lessers.

Margo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 611 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brandon wrote:

Apparently, you don't know your "history." (Shouldn't it be US law? Or, at the very least political science?) Anyway, only CONGRESS can declare war, not the president who is commander in chief.

I do think the point that Krizzy was making is that in the past, even though congress did not declare war, the president still pushed on and fought it (like Desert Storm and (if I'm not mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong) Vietnam), and therefore doesn't REALLY nead congress. (of course, thats against the constitution, but no one respects that nowadays anyhow)

Like c.elegans except bigger and more tasty.
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War I and II, the President needed Congressional authorization to use military force. "Declaring War" is largely a legal term that only Congress can do according to the Constitution. (Vietnam and Korea are often referred to as "Police Actions" in a strictly technical sense.) In Vietnam, for instance, Congress passed the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution which allowed President Johnson to escalate the conflict in Vietnam by sending more and more troops. The last time that the United States "declared war" was on December 8, 1941.

"He also appointed the head of the CIA, who couldn't figure out what was going on enough to stop terrorism."

George Tenet came highly recommended by the first President Bush, an ex-CIA chief himself. That's one of the reasons that Tenet was one of the few holdovers from Clinton to Bush, Jr. If you truly believe that Tenet screwed up, then both Presidents Clinton and Bush (along with Bush, Sr.) are to blame.

DJ's the man we love the most
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lets not forget
the gulf war ended in a cease fire--

WMD or not-- he violated that not once but numerous times--- the end result was through all Saddam's pushing-- Bush ended up pushing back harder.....

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

LittQueenie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Eagle, I must agree with you, my dear!! You hit the nail on the head again! Right on, baby!!!! :-)

GO, GO, GO LITTLE QUEENIE!!!!!!!!!!!
Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry, that's nonsense. Saddam wasn't "pushing" at all. He wa concerned with maintaining his own power and had no practical ambitions against America. Even the new darling of the right, Christopher Hitchens, agrees with that analysis. Or has everyone forgotten about "pre-emption" now that it has gone out of fashion?

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 29 Jul 04, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

_Manley_M@tthew_ wrote:

First of all. The country wasn't broken. Stunned maybe, but broken? I doubt it. Maybe Pearl Harbor would be a better thing to talk about being broken. And as for the Afghanistan thing, he tried to blame Bin Laden, anything to get the blame off of him and his cronies. Now that he couldn't kill Bin Laden, he decided to go after Saddam. Still flying the 9-11 flag to do so. There are, and were no weapons of mass destruction. The UN weapons inspectors say so as well. Would you be foolish enough to believe the CIA and the FBI? They can't find their ass with both hands. Peter Jennings interviewed a high ranking official not too long ago and asked him this. 'So there were no weapons of mass destruction?' the reply was 'No.'

Pearl Harbor? Break the country? Hell no, it just made it pissed off. 9/11 affected Americans much more deeply than did Pearl Harbor.

Although, Pearl Harbor an was unexpected and unprovoked attack which removed a fleet of battleships. I don't know about you, but when our battleships are destroyed, I am deeply affected...I mean, it's so personal. But luckily, I have this neat little country to lay my wrath upon, afterwards eliminating any threat from that country.

After 9/11, there was no clear cut enemy whom we could do away with a simple exercise of power. It wasn't so basic as an overt attack from a foreign country. Our country has never had to war against a network of enigmatic and surreptitious terrorists before. George W. Bush chose a path...I don't agree that it was the best path, or a good one at that, but it was a logical path to take at the time.

Here's a hypothetical situation: You are the President of the United States of America. A terrorist attack has just been made on two major buildings in one of the country's largest cities. The CIA and British intelligence have concluded that a foreign country is a threat to your country and has been supporting terrorists as the ones who had made the said attack. The entire Congress is pressing for you to go to war. The entire country is pressing for you to go to war. You have the ability and, or so you thought, valid reasons to go to war. What do you do?

THIS country is in the hands of the people, not the President.

P.S. I truly dislike how people think that a single administration can completely ruin the country...and their family, and that their lives are so much worse with Bush in power. Truthfully, if I payed no heed to the government at all, my life would be none the different, and never would be.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.