1. for a band with the influences you have you seeemd to stay away from some big "scene-cliches" which really annoy me. seneca falls, as well as most of the song titles with the exception of "murdered murderer" all seemed pretty legit in today's "let's be artsy, violent, and write poetry" uprising of new high school bands copying other much better bands.
2. along with lyrics seemed honest and not what I call "scene-fraud", but I couldn't understand them without reading them
3. you got a band together and played music, with people willing to make music, great, more than I ever did, (bass players don't seem to be the type to get the band actually together)
1. jumped the gun on posting mp3s? maybe should waited until you had some unmastered songs from the EP, you can't really tell what these songs are going to sound like even with more instrumentation
2. singer...I know you already addressed that but still, post an ad in the paper or something, message boards work too
3. bass player?
anyways, keep it up I'd like to hear what it sounds like with more instruments and production, try promoting again when you have some proper recordings! The scene needs some more girl bands that don't suck (there's a few exceptions but not many, most the good ones are only girl-fronted not all girl)
just remember don't try to sound like anything, sound like something, but don't try to copy someone else, thats the biggest gripe I have about the emo/punk/hardcore scene is that every new band is "for fans of thursday, taking back sunday, and thrice!" and it really gets old, Sure I love those bands, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna like 20 other bands that sound like them...
well anyway...good luck! let me know when you have new stuff up
"the radio's playin Queen, and we're rockin out" - saves the day