Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > The new Freddie.

forum rss feed
Author

WarQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 52 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is he gay too?

The Show Must Go On Till The End Of Time
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's exactly what I said a few years ago, but almost everyone on this board were against the idea.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is bullshit.

FREDDIE IS INCOMPARABLE!!!

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am not rude, calm down.... I just believe that Freddie could never be replaced by anyone. Besides, i always hated artists who dont grow their own style and just mimic other stars... That's all pal!!!

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, and something more!!! I dont wanna the remaining Queen members to record any new stuff. Whenever they tried to, they made nothing but crap (Robbie, 5ive, Britney, omg i cant go on...)

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Oh, and something more!!! I dont wanna the remaining Queen members to record any new stuff. Whenever they tried to, they made nothing but crap (Robbie, 5ive, Britney, omg i cant go on...) "

What about NOBY, the 46664 songs especially. Say its not true.

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish Brian or Roger would do another solo album, but Brian's said that the musical comes before anything. Also, I don't think sales were amazing for their solo efforts.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why not continue as Queen, just without Freddie? I'm sure they could get John to join too if they wanted. Roger has a fantastic rock'n'roll voice and Brian can sing some of the emotional songs. They don't need anyone to replace Freddie.

They could release albums with new songs sang by Roger and Brian and with songs sang by Freddie, but never released (Money Can't Buy Me Happiness, Love Making Love + many others). Of course masses (idiots who like RW, rap music and other crap) would not buy these albums, but at least there would be some nice stuff for the fans.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish they would do that, although I doubt they'd be able to get John out of retirement, because he seems pretty adamant about staying out of the limelight. But apparently Brian and Roger have decided that the musical is more important, and that that'll be their primary focus for now. I'd love to see a new Queen album, and not just a rehash of Greatest Hits again.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Ros user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gunpowder Gelatine wrote:

I wish they would do that, although I doubt they'd be able to get John out of retirement, because he seems pretty adamant about staying out of the limelight. But apparently Brian and Roger have decided that the musical is more important, and that that'll be their primary focus for now. I'd love to see a new Queen album, and not just a rehash of Greatest Hits again.

Hear, Hear!

For my life still ahead, pity me.
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hear what, Ros? :)

No, John will not join them. I can't picture the old quiet guy doing that. One off appearances somewhere close to home, though? Maybe. But that's just a dream, I confess.

Btw, I can tell the difference between Freddie and Gary's voice. He's good alright. My bro used to play with him on jam nights in Glasgow. I think I saw him once or twice (You don't tend to notice a bald guy in glasses going up to sing Queen songs!). But when he opened his mouth and sang Fat Bottomed Girls, he was great!

But he ain't no, "new freddie." But I wouldn't rule the idea out. It sure would be interesting. I think studio stuff is out of bounds, though. Stage appearances with Bri and Rog would be more feasible, I guess.

Peace,
Adam.

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

is there an mp3 of Gary Mullen singin live - I missed his appearances on Stars in your eyes...

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 21:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's an mp3 somewhere. Ask Rien.

Peace,
Adam.

Nuno_Gomes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 21:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whisperer wrote:

Of course masses (idiots who like RW, rap music and other crap) would not buy these albums, but at least there would be some nice stuff for the fans.

So yer callin me a fuckin idiot...i bet u tons of queen fans also like rap....Fuckin bitch lick my gawd damn nutz UHHHG U GUYZ PISS ME OFF and dont say that shit is crap whatta faggot u'z be!

Whattap, I love soccer and play it everyday and love chillin with friends and being cool
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nuno_Gomes wrote:

So yer callin me a fuckin idiot...i bet u tons of queen fans also like rap....Fuckin bitch lick my gawd damn nutz UHHHG U GUYZ PISS ME OFF and dont say that shit is crap whatta faggot u'z be!

No one's calling you stupid. You do a good enough job of that on your own.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Oberon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guys, chill. Rap, not my cup of tea, but then Queen isn't the rap fans cup of tea (generalisation I know, but probably largely true).

Gary Mullen - give the guy a break. He's not really ripping Queen off as I guess there must be money going to Queen Productions from his gigs. Look where he came from (Stars In Their Eyes). Maybe he could do his own stuff, but he's famous for imitating Fred, so it seems natural to me that he's capitalising on that ability. So fair play to him. If it's a good show, then cool, it's keeping the music of Queen alive, just as the musical is. And I think that's a good thing.

As for him recording with the boys, well, not sure that's a good idea. I would prefer them to work on old demos and/or do new stuff. They're out of practice at the moment, but that could be rectified. Between them Brian and Roger could do some great stuff. John would be icing on the cake, but don't hold yer breath

Tatterdemalion and the junketer

There's a thief and a dragonfly trumpeter
Brianmay1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brianmay1975
Bohemian: 608 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WarQueen wrote:

Oh, and something more!!! I dont wanna the remaining Queen members to record any new stuff. Whenever they tried to, they made nothing but crap (Robbie, 5ive, Britney, omg i cant go on...)

This is your opinion, of course. I don't like the Pepsi ad and I don't like WATC with Robbie. But WWRY with 5ive isn't really crap, maybe it's not so good as the original, but it's a decent track.
After 1991, Queen recorded also:
1) No One But You - which definitely is not crap, it's a great song and I'm sorry they don't get together anymore to record this kind of songs.
2) TSMGO with Elton John. Sir Elton was one of the best performers at the FMTribute (Axl certainly ruined BoRhap, unfortunately). I'm not saying Elton's vocals are better than Fred's, but
he sang well and the instrumental is OK, so you can't say it's crap.
3) The 46664 concert - I watched it and I loved it. Bri&Rog were obviously the best and I know there are many people who say they hated the concert, but there are also many people who agree with me. Say It's Not True and Amandla are beautiful songs.

The only reason you say that everything they record is crap is actually the fact you miss Freddie very much and you just can't bear the idea of Queen going on without him.
I bet you are a fan since the 70s or the 80s, I understand you're used to Freddie, but think at the younger fans. They'd love to see them on stage, it's not the same thing as before, I know, but it's such a good feeling to see that your fav band is not dead!

I LOVE QUEEN!

"My guitar was my weapon and my shield to hide behind" (Brian May)

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user is on Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2258 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agneepath! wrote:

What about NOBY, the 46664 songs especially. Say its not true.

Good point, Agneepath!

*singing* Say it's not truuuuue, say it todayyy

Keep Passing the Open Windows
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Gary Mullen EVER did anything with Queen then I would shoot myself.

Chom own mudder fukker.

Posted: 05 Aug 04, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mrs.Badguy wrote:

Hey... has anyone ever seen Gary Mullen Performing, Hes the man that won stars in their eyes as Freddie, i went to see him in His Show "One Night of Queen" in Truro, and if i closed my eyes it was scary because you really couldent hear the difference he sung so much like freddie and had his vocal range as well. he even done the vocal excercisis with the audience like freddie does at wembley ! I think queen should use him in the recordeing studios.

Are these guys u r talking about? http://www.merqury.com/html/merqury.htm :P