Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Zoom 79

forum rss feed
Author

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 18:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lately we're really stuffed with torrents of Queenconcerts etc.
But I now have Zoom 79 (Live in Osaka 20-04-79) ready for download.
If you're interested I can send the torrent to Whitemanadmin.
I know some out there are still waiting for other torrents to get re-seeded again so perhaps it's better to wait a few days.

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rien - send it to Whitemanadmin but its probably best to ask him to delay uploading it for a day or two...

there's been so much shared out over the past week - i dont think everyone has had the time to enjoy it all.

some people may have a slower internet speed... and will probably still be downloading. Its best if we "space" these out.

Perhaps other Queenzoner's may have a different view.

But the decision of course, is yours.

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a feeling that too many torrents will mean that people jump off one torrent to grab another, leaving few seeders for others to finish.

I think about 1 or so a week is a good rate to make sure everyone gets a chance to download the full file.

DJ's the man we love the most
Craig_Aussie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 04, 22:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes I agree. We are being flooded with torrents at the moment which isn't a bad thing but people with slower connections are probably doing torrents from a week or 2 ago and not being able to keep up. I for one have gone over my broadband limit this month so my internet connection has been slowed down to dial up speed :(

Lucifero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 207 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes, a pause is needed =). there still 4 torrents that even did not start to download yet

FaN_MU user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Go on with the show :)))

whitemanadmin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 176 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rien wrote:

Lately we're really stuffed with torrents of Queenconcerts etc.
But I now have Zoom 79 (Live in Osaka 20-04-79) ready for download.
If you're interested I can send the torrent to Whitemanadmin.
I know some out there are still waiting for other torrents to get re-seeded again so perhaps it's better to wait a few days.

Rien

Send away, and I will upload ti for you. I am readying a new batch as well, but will hold back on mine for a while, I am downloading the ones I dont have as well, and Zoom 79 would be worth downloading.

My ICQ number is 12283117. Best to make initial contact with me there, I am away on holiday from sunday, so best to get it done asap

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whitemanadmin,
I haven't got ICQ installed anymore, so mail me (see profile) about what I have to fill in as URL of the tracker.

The files are from cd (I think originally mp3) and I have used EAC to copy them, then turned them into WAVE and then into FLA, rate 8.

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"The files are from cd (I think originally mp3) and I have used EAC to copy them, then turned them into WAVE and then into FLA, rate 8."

This brings up an intersting point. Most bootleg collectors do not like Mp3-sourced bootlegs due to the loss of quality. Basically, you've taken a file that permanently lost info during the compression to Mp3, expanded it to Wav, then compressed it to Flac. This is looked done upon by many collectors and taints the overall pool of recordings.

I know there are probably many Queen fans on here that really don't care either way. Personally, I think that it should be mentioned if you are torrenting something that is mp3-sourced so that downloaders can decide if they want it.

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rien wrote:

Whitemanadmin,
I haven't got ICQ installed anymore, so mail me (see profile) about what I have to fill in as URL of the tracker.

The files are from cd (I think originally mp3) and I have used EAC to copy them, then turned them into WAVE and then into FLA, rate 8.

Rien

Thanks for the offer, but what we are doing by using FLAC is preserving the quality. Taking an MP3 source, and then converting to WAV will pollute the trade pool.

It needs to be an original audio source (Low gen tape, CDR etc)

Sorry about that

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

first of all Zeni, THAT's why I did mention it.
So no need to suggest to mention it.

Wouldn't it be great if we thought the same about the videos that go around?

And to Whitemanadmin, well, okay, no Zoom from me then.
But I dare to say that the quality of this recording is better than some bootlegs I've heard.

But no problem.

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rien wrote:

first of all Zeni, THAT's why I did mention it.
So no need to suggest to mention it.

Perhaps not to you, but how many other potential uploaders had no clue? As far as I can tell, this issue has not come up on QZ since the torrents began. Whitemanadmin torrents several through sharingthegroove which is explicit about these rules of no mp3-sourced boots, but I have yet to see any comments on it from several other potential uploaders.

Thus, the need to suggest it, Rien. No need to get snippy.

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok. You've made it clear.
I fell over the sentence "I think that it should be mentioned if you are torrenting something that is mp3-sourced".

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My apologies. I meant you-all, not specifically you, Rien.

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What I wonder is this:
How can we check the quality of the tracks, other than perhaps by listening to them?
Can one reveal the true quality?
For torrenting one should make flac-files coming from let's say CDR (as is stated). How do we know that those files on cdr are not encoded from mp3?

btw this is a serious question.

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are ways of doing a "sound analysis" of the file and showing that it was not mp3 sourced. I know that others on STG (pma for example) have included a screen shot of the analysis as proof that the file is allright.

For the most part, however, I think that we simply have to go by what is said before we get the chance to hear the material for ourselves. Some users, like whitemanadmin, have established themselves as being against mp3 boots, so they can be trusted, I think. Others either don't care one way or the other, or do not know if it is mp3-sourced or not.

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rien wrote:

And to Whitemanadmin, well, okay, no Zoom from me then.
But I dare to say that the quality of this recording is better than some bootlegs I've heard.

But no problem.

I have no doubt of that my friend, but keeping the standards up, is a good exercise.

If you have a better than average set of MP3's, then that must mean someone has a low gen tape or CD out there somewhere which proper audio sourced and is good for a seed.

So the search goes on! :-)

Roy ® user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 597 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And how about the bootleg tree, that are all mp3 files. People will burn them on a cdr and trade them with other queen collectors. I think some mp3 sourced concert will sound better then some mastertapes file. I think it's impossible to collect only kopies of mastertapes or something.

Rien is trying to do his best for sharing concerts with other Queenzoners and then he isn't allowed the place the torrent. He say's that it is a mp3 source. We could decide ourselfes if we would download the torrent or not. Rien many thanks for trying to share (by the way, Zoom 79 is in the bootleg tree as mp3, it is shared by Bullwinkle)

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did not know that it's in the bootleg tree. That's one of the threads I have never opened actually. Sharing through a torrent is also a bootleg tree, but one that speaks more to my imagination. :-)

btw this is no case of not being allowed to torrent something. I now understand that one wants to provide non-questionable material and that's only to praise.

If I still want to torrent this concert then I'll find another way. I already did that with the Dutch Queen's Day concert and the Freddie/Kenny documentary. Mostly because I did not realise Queenzone had a tracker itself.

Someone recently mentioned ZOOM, therefore I decided to decode the songs.

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 04, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can sympathise with both sides of the discussion (i won't call it an argument)i think the stance on mp3s was alluded to but never made clear. At least now we know the rules.

Perhaps Rien you could torrent a Queen documentary. I'm sure you have plenty or even a VCD compatible Queen's Day concert through

http://bt.easytree.org/

But thanks for the offer!