Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Your personal queen music video

forum rss feed
Author

the oppositionist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 882 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1) Choose a song by queen (any, not ness' a single)
2) think of a concept music video

Mine is 'Ride the wild wind'.
Roger is racing around a track in a racing car with the uniform on
There are clips with all the guys in an open top sports car cruising down a motorway in the sun with freddie leaning back, arms open to the wind.
There are also clips of freddie on a motorbike with a girl on the back, wearing full leathers.
Where the band perform, they are on a cliff top over looking the sea, and its windy and they all wear black. Mooodyyyyy!

How about you lot? any ideas?

melinadeacon@queenzone.com
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You've got a looooong way to go before you reach Chicken or Fatty status.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Hitman. Im going around on a bike with a bazooka on my shoulder trying to blast the likes of Breanna and HeMaTaSiugudiuyglkn....or whatever his name is.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Matti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1619 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 13:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like that one.

Total Blam Blam
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I already see Freddie sitting on a bike, in leather... He barely could walk in 1991, but riding a motorbike wasn't a problem for him!

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think oppo wants you to "create" a video in an ideal world ie one where Freddie wasn't ill.

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For My Melancholy Blues, I think the band would be onstage, performing to an almost empty bar, with Freddie singing and playing the piano. And then, at the end, they all get up to leave, but nobody really responds, since they weren't focusing at all on the performance.

Re-reading it, that seems kind of depressing!

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the oppositionist wrote:

1) Choose a song by queen (any, not ness' a single)
2) think of a concept music video

Mine is 'Ride the wild wind'.
Roger is racing around a track in a racing car with the uniform on
There are clips with all the guys in an open top sports car cruising down a motorway in the sun with freddie leaning back, arms open to the wind.
There are also clips of freddie on a motorbike with a girl on the back, wearing full leathers.
Where the band perform, they are on a cliff top over looking the sea, and its windy and they all wear black. Mooodyyyyy!

How about you lot? any ideas?

Love that idea!!!

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
The Real Wizard

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, this was a serious topic... well then!

Yeah, the motorcycling seems a tad unlikely.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did this 11 years ago and actually created the video. It's for I'm Going Slightly Mad and is relatively simple. Just me lip syncing the song in 2 different settings, with inserts of me acting like an idiot from other video stuff I'd done. And I used the edited version from GHII to save myself 14 seconds worth of work.

I used a broom for my guitar and an upright vacuum for the mic stand. Some wigs and make-up involved too. I do have it preserved on DVD-R now, but no way to rip & share it, not that I would anyway ;)

the oppositionist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 882 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 16:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

You've got a looooong way to go before you reach Chicken or Fatty status.

lets be honest, can ANYBODY be that good? :D
Yeah, this was supposed to be if they were all alive and well and able. im not trying to be sick minded or anything :)
Im not a very good poster (sure you all worked it out) Im only good at theoretical ideas. I dont like to ask about fact, i think it stirrs things too much for my liking sometimes!

melinadeacon@queenzone.com
BornToBeKings user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Keep Passing the Open Windows

Freddie wandering through an office building of some sort, starting in the lobby and making his way up using elevators and stairs. Intercut with all 4 members popping into the offices of bored, melancholy employees and encouraging them to follow on their carefree romp through the building. Climax is a performance on the roof and perhaps a big group hug afterwards.

Got a fire down below/I'm just a regular dynamo
Brian's sweet sister user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 311 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok

Ogre battle

all 4 guys are on horses in armour *dreamy sigh*
and they ride out to the mountains. A huge army of knights join them. Then suddenly a drum crash and the ogres come streaming down the mountains. They cant go east so they gotta go south. At the screams there is a massacre as the guys bravely fight swinging their axes and swords heavily.
Brian has a bow and arrow but an ogre breaks it and corners him at some rocks. Suddenly an electric guitar falls from the sky, and he plays it. the loudness of it kills the ogre. and it lights up and the riffs explode killing the ogres.
But Brian is far away from the other guys, he runs towards them with his guitar but an ogre steals his guitar and the guys are trying their best to slay off the ogres.
Then John sees Brian in trouble and swings his axe as it rurns in to a bass guitar and lasers shoot from the strings slaying the ogres that surround Brian.
Roger's daggers turn in to drumsticks made of solid crystal which hold powers which shoot ice and freezes the ogres. He uses them and Freddie sings on top of a mountain while this is going on and tells the story. Close up on Freddie on "keep a lookout" bit.
After all the screaming they all lay on the ground injured. Everyone had been killed but the four as they rise from the mud and get on their horses and ride off in to the sunset holding their legendary weapons up high.

"Take me to the room where the reds all red take me outta my head, that's what I said"
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gunpowder Gelatine, I like your idea cause I can really picture it. Nice mood.

Can anyone on here animate? Perhaps an animation alongside the song? I wish I'd invested more time in animation when I was young. *Sighs*

Peace,
Adam.

Brian's sweet sister user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 311 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeh but we cant let Queen die! :P The ogres dont know it cos they are playing dead huahaha

"Take me to the room where the reds all red take me outta my head, that's what I said"
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Geez I totally missed the point of this didn't I? I did describe my 'personal Queen music video' though. I should start reading the posts and not just the subject lines.

jasen101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 22:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would have loved it if they turned QUEEN II into a movie. Wouldn't that be so cool?

Plot: set in a strange land of sorcerors and kings. The white Queen's power is fading. The Black Queen has been trying to destroy her. The Fairy Folk have gathered round the new moon shine to think of a way to help the white queen overcome the evil powers of the black queen and free her slaves! There are massive battles involving ogres, victories, and celebrations as the crown of the new freed kingdom is passed from Father to Son.

Drama 2004, ****, 90 minutes.

Freddie: "Yes, we'll have a great big cock fly over the crowd!"

Roadies: "Yeah! Great Idea!"

Freddie: "And it will fly into a great big mouth with a moustache!"

The Real Wizard

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jasen101 wrote:

I would have loved it if they turned QUEEN II into a movie. Wouldn't that be so cool?

Plot: set in a strange land of sorcerors and kings. The white Queen's power is fading. The Black Queen has been trying to destroy her. The Fairy Folk have gathered round the new moon shine to think of a way to help the white queen overcome the evil powers of the black queen and free her slaves! There are massive battles involving ogres, victories, and celebrations as the crown of the new freed kingdom is passed from Father to Son.

Drama 2004, ****, 90 minutes.

That actually sounds pretty good, man.

fat-bottomed girl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the way you interpreted this topic is actually quite cool! Maybe we should set up a page where you can upload you own Queen videos- either ones featuring yourself like yours, or your own montages. I often put together collages of different bits of Queen footage to my favourite tracks- sometimes they even look quite proffessional!

I've been told a million times of all the troubles in my way, but I grow a little wiser, little better every day...
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 08:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fight from the Inside:

Simple performance video. But when Roger sings "Attack from the rear" you see a shot of freddie in his local gay bar, wearing a black leather suit "attacking" a gay bikers rear.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)