Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > What I think About William Hung

forum rss feed
Author

QueenChick15 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone else think that William Hung is completely going overboard with his "music career"?? I think he SUX!!!! When I was watching VH1, I saw him dressed up like Freddie and that, I think, insults him (Freddie). I think everything William does is stupid..I mean, who listens to his "music"???? I believe that William is a disgrace to music and to Queen.

"sometimes I get to feelin' I was back in the old days, long ago..."

-Freddie Mercury

~*~Heather~*~
SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's living his dream. Is there anything wrong with that? He may not be the most talented singer, but that isn't the point. He's got balls, and apparently he's willing to go as long as it lasts.

There are many professional pop stars today who can't sing much better than William Hung, and who are as you say, a "disgrace" to music. Anyone listen to Britney Spears? That girl is IMHO worse to listen to than William Hung.

At least, you should respect his courage.

lottie88 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 136 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I personally don't like his music. I find it neither funny or amusing, only rather pathetic. I also dislike the fact that he chose take an excellent piece of music like WRTC and tear it apart w/ his singing, while dancing around dressed up as Freddie. I found that disgusting. If he wants to sing his own music that way fine, but to take other great songs and tear them to pieces is "disgraceful."

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, Freddie loved to laugh and I think Mr. Hung would've provided an excellent resource, so I have no problem with it.

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 04, 22:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honestly, I was a little upset when I first heard about him covering We Are The Champions, but now I realize that it's not that big a deal. He's doing what he loves, so good for him. He may not be your typical star, but he's having fun doing what he's doing.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 06:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope he burns in hell for destroying a Queen masterpiece.

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't wanna be mean but I do think it's a bit of a disgrace for Queen.... and I don't think it was at all apropreite for him to dress up like Freddie. That's Freddie's thing and only his I think. I don't enjoy his music at all.... and I really wish he would just stick to other songs that aren't Queen ones...

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

William Hung might be an awful singer, but the fact that he's so good at being bad that it makes him a good "singer". The hilarious way how he sings and performs makes him a way much better entertainer than all these people...

- Ashlee Simpson, Kelly Osbourne (and all the girls who want to become singers because they have a mom, dad, or sis in show biz. Then whine about how hard they have to work to become a star.)
- Enrique Iglesias
- LFO
- Lindsay Lohan, Hillary, Jennifer Lopez (and every just about every single crappy actor or actress who is way much worse singer).
- N'SYNC
- Lou Reed
- Limp Bizkit
- Smash Mouth
- Missy Elliot
- Kelly Osbourne
- Cher
- Vanilla Ice
- Kid Rock
- Insane Clown Possee
- Third Eye Blind
- Creed
- Jessica Simpson
- Ja Rule
- Oingo Boingo
- Counting Crows
- Beastie Boys

...and the list goes on and on

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
joeyjojo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 396 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I believe that William is a disgrace to music"

Well, that's sort of the joke.

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At least William Hung realizes he's performing for a laugh, not like the artists Mr.Jingles79 posted, that actually think they have talent.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Take Enrique off that list. A great talent he is, and such a wonderful voice. Like the music or not, he's still one of the few male voices these days that hits me the right way.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Take Enrique off that list. A great talent he is, and such a wonderful voice. Like the music or not, he's still one of the few male voices these days that hits me the right way.

WOOAH. I didn't expect that one from you Guitar Hero.

But I'll take it as a very good joke.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Nuno_Gomes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

William Hung might be an awful singer, but the fact that he's so good at being bad that it makes him a good "singer". The hilarious way how he sings and performs makes him a way much better entertainer than all these people...

- Ashlee Simpson, Kelly Osbourne (and all the girls who want to become singers because they have a mom, dad, or sis in show biz. Then whine about how hard they have to work to become a star.)
- Enrique Iglesias
- LFO
- Lindsay Lohan, Hillary, Jennifer Lopez (and every just about every single crappy actor or actress who is way much worse singer).
- N'SYNC
- Lou Reed
- Limp Bizkit
- Smash Mouth
- Missy Elliot
- Kelly Osbourne
- Cher
- Vanilla Ice
- Kid Rock
- Insane Clown Possee
- Third Eye Blind
- Creed
- Jessica Simpson
- Ja Rule
- Oingo Boingo
- Counting Crows
- Beastie Boys

I think is is Major Poo Poo...First of all Insane Clown Posse are very well known for they're Live concerts and there never on t.v or radio so what are you to say about that...Ja Rule may not be good but he sold to many records to say that he sucks...The beastie boys..why are they on the list..there friggin legends and there hilarious too! When I look at this list my first impression is...How retarded is this guy....i dont think william deserves any of the money hes making...He definetely hasnt worked as hard as all these other people...Insane Clown Posse we're selling all of there c-d's by themselves without help frum Big Record companys and even when they did sign with them back in the Great Milenko era the record company still didnt do shit and they still went platinum! Now back to William Hung...all he's done is go on a shitty t.v show and sing horribley and make everyone like him cuz hes ugly and duznt know whats he doing...PEACE

Whattap, I love soccer and play it everyday and love chillin with friends and being cool
Nuno_Gomes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

also William Hung completedly ruined one of my favourit songs...ya'll know which one it is

Whattap, I love soccer and play it everyday and love chillin with friends and being cool
jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think William Hung is one of the luckiest men alive.

Shake it Sugaree
sonic killer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 75 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 04, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

- Enrique Iglesias
- LFO
- N'SYNC
- Lou Reed
- Limp Bizkit
- Smash Mouth
- Missy Elliot
- Kelly Osbourne
- Cher
- Vanilla Ice
- Kid Rock
- Insane Clown Possee
- Third Eye Blind
- Creed
- Jessica Simpson
- Ja Rule
- Oingo Boingo
- Counting Crows
- Beastie Boys

why lou reed?
and i like lindsay lohan..a lot...she's not that bad of a singer.
anyways, i feel sorry for william hung. whenever i see him on television it usually appears as if he has no idea what he is doing.

jessica
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 01:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Man, what is so wrong with doing a comedically bad version of a Queen song? Brian produced one himself for 'Bad News'. I don't think it puts a stain on Queen's reputation or anything. It hurts nobody.

The very fact that some Queen songs have become such universally known 'anthems' and are the ones chosen for this sort of thing should be considered an honor.

What I think is worse is a so-called serious attempt at a cover version which turns out really bad. Like Robbie Williams' version. His 'peed my juice' version http://members.cox.net/breakfree/peed_my_juice.mp3 is awful in my opinion. At least Hung sings it with the original words mostly intact.

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 02:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Robbie Williams said:

I've peed my juice, Time after time...

You'd think that after the first time, He'd have learned. Tsk, tsk...

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why lou reed?
and i like lindsay lohan..a lot...she's not that bad of a singer.

Lou Reed is just a plain bad singer, so is Bob Dylan. It doesn't matter that they might be good songwriters. They're just awful singers.

I also like Lindsay Lohan a LOT... but only her rack.
Oh wait... it's not even real. I take that back then.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now back to William Hung...

How many of you guys would turn down $25.000 for a record contract, even when you consciously know that you're a bad singer?

I seriously know that I wouldn't. I know I suck as a singer, and if the way I sing makes people laugh, then good for them.
Besides people are not forced to buy a certain record and listen to it. Also, if someone like William Hung appears on TV or radio, there's always a switch button to press if you don't like it.