Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Wembley 86 CD/DVD Product Recall?

forum rss feed
Author

The Left Testicle of Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Given the sub-standard nature of the CD/DVD release of Wembley 86 (ie backing musicians, 4:3 aspect ratio, Freddie's failing voice, uninspired performance list) especially when compared to other videod live performances, I have this proposal.

That Queen Productions Ltd should do a mass recall of all Wembley 86 live products to be replaced with the Houston 77 concert on DVD.

If any Queen fan should refuse this, then they are chucked out of the fan club and various message boards, and record stores should keep their names on file to ban them from buying any other Queen product.

This is surely a fair solution to the situation.


Brian May, I should say
The Left Testicle of Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

With respect, Thomas, I have this show on bootleg DVD and despite its quality problems, it still kicks Wembley's arse.

I think any person who thinks the Wembley show was good is not a real fan.


Brian May, I should say
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LMAO

The Left Testicle of Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 07:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do have the full concert - it's very easy to get if you know the right people within Queen Productions to ask.

I was speaking with Brian on the phone the other day about this idea.


Brian May, I should say
The Left Testicle of Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 07:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

If you have the full concert, would you be willing to sell/trade a copy?


Yes.


Brian May, I should say
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why shouldn't they have full video of Houston? What part is missing, according to you?

The problem with Houston is that it's cut just like Earls Court - just a few cameras, little action. Compared with Wembley or Hammersmith 79 it's pretty boring. That's the main reason why it won't be released, I think.

The Left Testicle of Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 07:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

The Left Testicle of Freddie, what would you like to have for a copy?


I would be willing to trade, but I'd have to speak with Brian about it first, because he's quite keen on this recall idea.


Brian May, I should say
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, if you claim to be Brian's friend, then you will for sure know how Houston got out? When the master tape was found, where and by whom?

The Left Testicle of Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

OK, if you claim to be Brian's friend, then you will for sure know how Houston got out? When the master tape was found, where and by whom?


As I said, if you know the right people within Queen Productions Ltd to ask, you can get just about anything.

My most prized possession from them is the demos from Queen II - the original concept for the album was very different from the way it turned out. A fortunate act of history, I think.


Brian May, I should say
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"As I said, if you know the right people within Queen Productions Ltd to ask, you can get just about anything."

That's pretty much true but in the same time there's a pretty strict ban to trade anything like that.

The Left Testicle of Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

First up, would you send me a list of what you're still looking for. Then I can at least check whether I have anything you want. casparmulders@hotmail.com


Thanks for that, Thomas.

I am speaking with Brian again over the weekend, and I know he's on the look-out for mastertapes at the moment, so I'll email you with his and my wants probably on Sunday.


Brian May, I should say
The Left Testicle of Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

"As I said, if you know the right people within Queen Productions Ltd to ask, you can get just about anything."

That's pretty much true but in the same time there's a pretty strict ban to trade anything like that.


Well, if you know the right people to ask, this really isn't a problem. Do you think the Hot Space demos got out by accident?

Brian loves your site, Mr Scully. So do I. But is the Queen radio thing OK?


Brian May, I should say
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Do you think the Hot Space demos got out by accident?"

That was a different issue. I know more about the leaking of Hot Space demos than you do and I'm still angry that they got out because a couple of people got into troubles because of that.

IF you're getting stuff from Queen Productions (and it's theoretically possible because some people are), you very well know it's not possible to trade these things with anybody. If you offer Houston here in such an easy way, it pretty much sounds like a hoax to me.

"Brian loves your site, Mr Scully. So do I. But is the Queen radio thing OK?"

Queen radio is 100% legal (monthly fees are being paid) and Brian won't like my site anymore after this recent Benidorm issue.

S@turn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 621 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pfft,

seems that the heath wave has serious negative effects at some people

Incredible how polite some people are to reply seriously in this subject, I admire THEM!!


Another fantastic posting of a wonderful person!

=================

all we need is internet-blog-blog, internet bla-bla

http://saturn.queenzone.com/

===

Let's make ourself better then we were befo
joeyjojo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 396 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

" The Left Testicle of Freddie, what would you like to have for a copy? "

I'm guessing the other testicle.

(Remember folks, just because you read it on the internet does NOT make it true!)

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"(Remember folks, just because you read it on the internet does NOT make it true!)"

That's what I was trying to suggest in a polite way :-)

But nowadays it looks like everybody has Houston so why not...

The Left Testicle of Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

"Do you think the Hot Space demos got out by accident?"

That was a different issue. I know more about the leaking of Hot Space demos than you do and I'm still angry that they got out because a couple of people got into troubles because of that.


You and I both know that it was always going to get out because of how the material was originally 'distributed'.

I was talking with Brian about something related - basically the more they suppress and hold back the box sets, the more recordings are going to leak out because there's money to be made from them.

I don't agree with it - I think the band should make the money. I would never let go of my Queen II or Jazz demos for the world.

Mr. Scully wrote:

IF you're getting stuff from Queen Productions (and it's theoretically possible because some people are), you very well know it's not possible to trade these things with anybody. If you offer Houston here in such an easy way, it pretty much sounds like a hoax to me.


Oh, c'mon Mr Scully - you and I know that the Houston concert and the demos are apples and pears. The Houston concert is virtually complete in its pirate form, and it has a lot less commercial value to QPL than the demos, etc.

Besides which, the trade I or Brian would want to make would be for mastertapes, not the Staying Power 12".

Mr. Scully wrote:

"Brian loves your site, Mr Scully. So do I. But is the Queen radio thing OK?"

Queen radio is 100% legal (monthly fees are being paid) and Brian won't like my site anymore after this recent Benidorm issue.


Look, he understands that people are upset. Chill, Mr Scully.


Brian May, I should say
S@turn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 621 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

strange...

the dvd (ha!) is a thing QP does not have, but you can get it when you have the right connections with QP..




Another fantastic posting of a wonderful person!

=================

all we need is internet-blog-blog, internet bla-bla

http://saturn.queenzone.com/

===

Let's make ourself better then we were befo
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Besides which, the trade I or Brian would want to make would be for mastertapes"

Mastertapes from ThomasQuinn - yes, sure...

It's a funny conversation, I almost like it :-)

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Aug 04, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Hey, Brian had tea at my place yesterday and he gave me a copy of a video with a full length Left Handed Marriage-gig, lasting over an hour. Wanna trade it for the full Houston thing? I can make DVD of it!

Sounds like Freddie's nut is full of bollocks...
Or is it just me?