Forums > Personal > Why is it that can call a woman a whore, a slut, a bitch, a skank...

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...yet it seems like nothing makes a woman feel more insulted than being called FAT, regardless of how she looks?

I just can't believe how constantly manipulated our society has turned by the media. It seems like these days a girl can't be barely around 140 pounds without being considered fat. The worst part is that now looking like a freakin' broom stick seems to be the way to look. Just look at all those supermodels like Kate Moss who have a body like the crypt keeper, and yet lots of women wish to look like that.

What makes me sick is all the criticism that actresses like Drew Barrymore, Kate Winslet, or Cristina Ricci get for looking "fat", when they look perfectly beautiful. I guess the media thinks that the definition of a beautiful woman is the one who has all her bones sticking out of her flesh.

Pretty much every single female friend I have constantly complain about how fat they feel. Especially now that it's summer and they want to wear loose clothes. Many of them feel ashamed of how they look without even being fat.

How do you guys (especially the girls) feel about this?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like skinny girls. I don't really know what you are talking about concerning "bones sticking out of their flesh" though. That's called malnourishment...or compound fracture...but I am talking about fit girls. Most models and girls I see are fit, not lacking. There are a few exceptions, but that is how it generally is.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not saying that it's always bad to be skinny as long as you're not completely and constantly forcing yourself to become skinny. Some girls just have that metabolism and that's safe and natural. What I have a problem with is going beyond being skinny.

My point is that some girls are way too concerned about their weight, and most of them don't look fat at all.

Take for instance the term "model" and it's connotations... then we have the term "Supermodel" as if their bodies and looks were the ideal for all women to follow when pretty much every single supermodel weighs under 110 pounds.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
breanna902000 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

guys women like to be thin and look good for the men , well when you call them a bitch they dont get mad they think its respect , and if you call then skank and so on..... , they sorta tune you out.

Freddie you are so awesome!
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To me a woman who is 130-140 is thin, and I know a lot of guys feel the same way... not all though.

My problem is with the media making people think otherwise.

Sir Archie 'Tiffany' Leach user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1331 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are you feeling guilty because you dabbled with a fat bird at the weekend?

Nancy Astor : "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee".

Winston Churchill : "And if I were your husband I would drink it".
MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

models are really thin nowdays, i want meat on the bones, just like J.Lo taht's a good one, not like Paris Hilton, that's disgusting

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

don't forget Salma, Mex.

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

don't forget Salma, Mex.

ooohh Salma! and of course Angelina :drooling:

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
SallyJ. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 689 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

whore, a slut, a bitch, a skank...
Actually I would be offended if someone would call me that. Call me fat....seems to be the least humiliating or painful. Besides, it all depends on how I feel. I know I am not fat, so why should I care. Then again, I also know I am not a whore, yet somehow it feels degrading when someone calls me that.
Know what I mean?
Other than that, I despise the media (and men, not all men, but some men)who make girls and women feel like they have to have no fat at all, so you can count their ribs and make them believe that they look great once they look just like skeletons. And then what? Then they need cosmetic surgery, cos guess what, their tits disappeared as well! Wow, are those made of fat? Yes. A woman's body is naturally more fat than a man's body. That's how it's supposed to be. And I have yet got to meet the first (hetero-)man who doesn't like a woman with curves.

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 16:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think most women would be insulted to be called any of those, but for some reason, most of us take fat to be most offensive. It's probably because of all the insanely thin celebrtities, because they're our role models in a way, which is sad, because they're always dieting, always exercising, always having to be perfect for the camera. But I think that a lot of regular women associate celebrities with being perfect, therefore, thin is perfect.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, proper dieting, nutrition, and exercise is not something we want to be teaching our children. Go obesity epidemic.

Anyway, you can't just give a weight and say that that is thin, normal, fat, etc. It's all relative to height and build.

Sir Archie 'Tiffany' Leach user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1331 posts

Posted: 10 Aug 04, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pipe down fatty.

Nancy Astor : "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee".

Winston Churchill : "And if I were your husband I would drink it".
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 11 Aug 04, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's a big difference between trying to keep yourself in shape by dieting and excercising, to going far beyond that... which leads to an eating disorder that causes bullimia, depression, and anxiety.

geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 04, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you, Dan.

At last check, and it usually doesn't change that much, I was about 125 pounds - I'm about 5'3" and have a fairly broad build, so I figure that's right around normal. I do not have the willpower to diet anyway, I like food. And yet, I see these girls at school who are taller than me and weigh about 15 pounds less wailing about how fat they are. For God's sake.

And I hear you about Christina Ricci & Co. Another who gets it a lot is Natalie Maines. Whatever happened to this being the era where we don't judge women based on whether they would fit under the door crack?

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
Sir B.A Baracus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 133 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 04, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Christina Ricci = HOTTIE!!!!!!

I hath soiled myself, methinks.....

Posted: 11 Aug 04, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

geeksandgeeks wrote:

At last check, and it usually doesn't change that much, I was about 125 pounds - I'm about 5'3" and have a fairly broad build, so I figure that's right around normal.

Nice numbers. What are you doing this weekend?

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 11 Aug 04, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For those of you guys who have taken art history, check your books...

Look at the reinassance paintings. I bet you that those women painted on the countless masterpieces of that era were around 150-170 pounds.

Back then that was considered beautiful. How come this society has to be so obsessed with bones?

Posted: 11 Aug 04, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

For those of you guys who have taken art history, check your books...

Look at the reinassance paintings. I bet you that those women painted on the countless masterpieces of that era were around 150-170 pounds.

Back then that was considered beautiful. How come this society has to be so obsessed with bones?

not too long ago women with curves were the norm, and then bones came, but now I'm starting to see girls with meat on their bodies, maybe there's still hope

Posted: 11 Aug 04, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Times change. Anyway, I don't know what you are all talking about. It's very rare that I see girls who are unhealthy in any way due to their poor self image.