forum rss feed
Author

Ozz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chileno de Corazon
Ozz
Bohemian: 401 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 04, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what do you think about some queen and queen related songs used in movies?

i think the worst uses of the queen catalogue in movies was in the 1991 -1996 period in some college Hollywood records movies... like Encino man i think...

and i remember saw too in a bad "lethal weapon" parodie with emilio estevez, Love Kills in the end of that movie....

i mean... no relation with the "Script" or whatever... someone just put the songs for promote the re-issue of the albums....

I reign with my left hand I rule with my right

the oppositionist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 882 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 04, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

how about highlander?! hahahaha, just kidding!

melinadeacon@queenzone.com
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 04, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any movie (usually sports related) that continues to use WWRY and/or WATC. It's been done too many times.

When I rebought the 1992 'Greatest Hits' last year, I was surprised to find the sticker advertising that it contained WWRY "as heard in the Disney motion picture The Mighty Ducks". Cheesy in the first place, but the fact that they're still putting the same sticker on there 12 years later is rather disturbing.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 04, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

have there been many? One Vision on the Iron Eagle soundtrack. Using a song about Dr King to promote some right wing revenge fantasy. Pathetic.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
syncursor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 04, 00:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I personally hated the use of Queen songs in A Knight's Tale. I didn't really like the film but I found it harder to enjoy with the cheesy opening sequence with We Will Rock You. To me it was just a complete clash of what you hear not working at all with what you see. I think it made Queen seem like a joke, the way that Bad To The Bone now makes George Thorogood a cliche.

"I'm a greedy bitch!"
Oberon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 04, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

syncursor wrote:

I personally hated the use of Queen songs in A Knight's Tale. I didn't really like the film but I found it harder to enjoy with the cheesy opening sequence with We Will Rock You. To me it was just a complete clash of what you hear not working at all with what you see. I think it made Queen seem like a joke, the way that Bad To The Bone now makes George Thorogood a cliche.

I liked the movie and loved the beginning. Very brave of the film makers to do it. don't think it made the band a joke at all.

Tatterdemalion and the junketer

There's a thief and a dragonfly trumpeter
RMT Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
RMT Fan
Bohemian: 264 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 04, 06:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WATC in "Time Share" aka "Bitter Suite" with Timothy Dalton, whom I really like playing, and Nastasja Kinsky. Used out of blue.

---

http://rogertaylor.info

The Free Online Roger Taylor Fanzine "Manipulator"