Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Bit Torrent 3.4.2. is really a problem. There should be an alternative...

forum rss feed
Author

Garden Lodge user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 148 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 04, 03:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just a suggestion: I've been trying to download all the stuff but with a little obstacle: Bit Torrents stopped being efficient!!!
Is there any way that someone could just put these already downloaded concerts onto a Website to make a proper download?
I'm getting a little tired of opening Argentina (for example) since 2 weeks now an average of 8 hours a day to download just 1.5 Mb!!!!
My internet connection is fine (T1) so I would just blame Bit Torrent!!!
Any ideas?

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they

are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln -
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 04, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doing so would cost too much. Torrenting files allows for greater sharing without one person having to pay the burden of bandwidth.

Torrents become scarce and difficult to download after a week or so. I do not think it is the fault of your software that you have only downloaded 1.5MB; people probably stopped sharing. If you think it is a problem, then try using a different program.

DJ's the man we love the most
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 04, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have been using that very program since April without any problem. Zeni's right, it's the fact that people aren't sticking around to keep the torrents alive.

Which is kinda scary since I haven't been downloading these from when they were posted. Oh boy...

Peace,
Adam.