Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > really there or not.....?

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 04, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Since they recorded the album at Montreux, I guess it wouldn't be too hard for them to go and take the promo pics for the album. The one in which they're facing the sun (which is not the one included on the album cover). Is really cool.

The only thing I have my doubts about, is if the Freddie statue is real or not. I think the statue was unveiled like a year or so after the album was released... I could be wrong though.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Brimon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 571 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 04, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To the best of my knowledge they were not there, I remember them talking about it in a documentary but I cant recall which one.

dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 04, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

>>The only thing I have my doubts about, is if the Freddie statue is real or not. I think the statue was unveiled like a year or so after the album was released... I could be wrong though.

Do I remember hearing somewhere that the statue on the album cover is just the little prototype for the real one? Or is that one of those embarrassing fake memories?

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 04, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The statue was reveiled in 1997 if i'm not mistaken

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 04, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dragonzflame, you are spot on! The original proto-type statue was used and then pasted onto the background and lit accordingly.

But I don't know about Bri, Rog or John's whereabouts. But I'd guess that it's not them in Montreux. Just because they could've worked on the tracks anywhere as evidenced by Brian's reworking of IWBTLY in his home studio. Easier and more cost effective to have it faked. It does look good, eh?

Peace,
Adam.