Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > QUEEN LIVE- accurate at last?

forum rss feed
Author

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Aug 04, 08:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well. on http://www.queenworld.com I found this...:

MESSAGE FROM GREG BROOKS

"Dear All,
My QUEEN LIVE book is being re-pressed in Sept/Oct, and I have the opportunity now to add new things to the text. I would especially like to add Freddie's chat to the audience, to as many shows as possible - if it's funny or interesting enough.
So if you guys would like to tell me a funny anecdote or story relevant to a Queen gig you saw, or if you have Freddie quotes, please let me have it ASAP.

Many thanks
GB"

How about that? Does it mean he is going to change some of the mistakes he made, like forgetting about 2 shows on the beginning of 1978 NOTW European Tour (Stockholm and Copenhagen) and few others...? I mean- after what he was doing recently, after listening to everything that is in Queen archives he HAS TO KNOW much more, right? Apparently they were recording their shows since 1974, right? Do you think it's going to be (at last) accurate???

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 20 Aug 04, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I doubt it will be accurate. Sod the Queen Live book, why doesn't he just go to Queenconcerts.com and that can answer his questions. Besides he did ask for help, you guys should just tell him what was wrong last time.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 20 Aug 04, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lord Blackadder wrote:

I doubt it will be accurate. Sod the Queen Live book, why doesn't he just go to Queenconcerts.com and that can answer his questions. Besides he did ask for help, you guys should just tell him what was wrong last time.

There's a lot more information required in that book that Queenconcerts.com cannot provide. Martin has a very informative site, but it's not the be all and end all of Queen live.

I'll be putting my two cents into the book, so hopefully some things will be fixed. I submitted to Greg my research in xls format, but my initial written corrections off the top of my head ended up being four full papers front and back. I couldn't believe how many mistakes there were with setlists and general information.

Greg's first effort was great, but a lot of assumptions were made and converted into black and white. Hopefully this time everything will be right.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 20 Aug 04, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm... it would be nice to get this when it comes out. I never saw it. I think as fans with the know-how, why not help? A big Queen community effort to make it much more than it originally was. Go on yer selves guys!

Peace,
Adam.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 21 Aug 04, 04:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Or putting the freddie's fart from the game tour, cincy gig I dug up ^^

MY GOD spell it write.
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 21 Aug 04, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they recorded all of their shows, and if he has heard all the tapes, why does he need people to give him Fred`s quotes from the shows he apparently has access to?

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 21 Aug 04, 07:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I doubt they recorded all their shows.

But if they did. The book will be out in Sept/Oct
And i'm sure he has more to do than listen to concerts all day trying to find funny quotes

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 21 Aug 04, 07:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love how Greg always says 'Dear All'. It's so charming.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 21 Aug 04, 07:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's funny how he gets charming when he needs the fans work.

Wouldn't it be funny if we only gave him sarcastic answers to his questions

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 21 Aug 04, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: [/QUOTENAMEI couldn't believe how many mistakes there were with setlists and general information.

Oh yes!! I really, really hope it's going to be changed!!! The setlists very often were awful, far from truth...! BTW: didn't they play BACK CHAT at Milton Keynes according to this book? Haven't seen it on the set list of the new DVD...

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 22 Aug 04, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken wrote:

And i'm sure he has more to do than listen to concerts all day trying to find funny quotes

But if he wants to put them in his book, he should. If you want a good result, you have to work hard

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 22 Aug 04, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

FriedChicken wrote:

But if he wants to put them in his book, he should. If you want a good result, you have to work hard

Exactly!

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 22 Aug 04, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"It's funny how he gets charming when he needs the fans work"

How true :-)

Anyway, Greg's book is only his private business, not an official product. That's probably why he needs help from other fans because he doesn't have many bootlegs himself (I can't think of any other reason). And it's always easy to ask others for help :)

I still say that his book was amazing at that time (great source) but won't bring any new info today at all.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 04, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

I still say that his book was amazing at that time (great source) but won't bring any new info today at all.

Nah, I beg to differ. There were literally hundreds of mistakes I showed him that hopefully will be corrected this time around.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 04, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Correcting errors isn't really the same as new info, which one would hope he'd have having been able to check the archive for himself.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 04, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It will hopefully be a much improved reference book with most of the mistakes removed. A book is more pleasant reading than a computer screen (although not as searchable).

Will Queenconcerts.com still be around 10 years from now. I suppose I could print out the entire queenconcerts.com site and put it in a three ring binder ... just in case. LOL

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 04, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought Gregs book was brilliant! I'm not surprised there were mistakes nobody is perfect are they? It was still a bloody good effort one which I certainly wouldn't have been able to undertake. I look forward to the new version and from what I've read here the titles which will be published to rival it! My money say's none will be 100% accurate!

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!