THE 10 WORST THINGS ABOUT MUSIC TODAY...
1. Fabricated pop acts like Hillary Duff, Nick Carter and Jessica Simpson whose music totally SUCK. Like their music wasn't bad enough they hook their siblings into the music business to make more crappy music.
2. In a similar way to the previous one, we have the Hollywood stars who aside from being awful actors, they become even worse singers. See... Lindsay Lohan, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and FEAR THIS... PARIS HILTON! (Who is working on her debut album)
3. Hip-hop/rap artists (if you can them that) that probably understand chinese better than what's written on a music sheet. Since all they do is basically the same here's an example of the basic elements of hip-hop songs and videos.
MAIN ELEMENTS OF A HIP-HOP SONG
- Society bashing. Especially from the upper class.
- Bashing of family members, and other people who didn't believe in them.
- Bashing of other rappers.
- Collaborations with other rappers or when they feel like allowing someone to actually sing then they call an R&B star.
- Shout out to their record labels.
- Shout out to other rappers.
- Words that even those who grew up in the ghetto can't understand (Ej... Fo' shizzle ma' nizzle')
- Lots and lots of profanity.
MAIN ELEMENTS OF A HIP-HOP VIDEO
- Rappers shooting their videos in the ghetto, to make their audience feel like they still belong to "DA HOOD".
- Dozens of bimbos in skimpy clothes surrounding the rapper in a tub.
- Party at the rapper's fancy crib.
- The rapper's posse (Loser friends living on his fortune like parasites)
- Fancy cars that bounce up and down
- Slow motion shots of bitches getting down and dirty while shaking their booties.
- Lots and lots of bling-bling (jewerly).
When they can't come up with any beats or melodies, they either steal them or pay huge amounts of cash to talented people who have actually written them...
4. ...Which brings us to music sell outs like Jimmy Page, Sting, Phil Collins, and yes QUEEN TOO!! who have sold out by giving right to talentless pop acts and awful rappers to re-make their classic songs and completely destroy them.
5. Mainstream songs of the moment that are basically all the same. It all starts with a one band that is widely successful and after their huge breakthrough then you have 20 more bands playing the exact same music. Look at all these punk bands that are just copying Green Day...
Good Charlote, Sum 41, New Found Glory, All American Rejects, Simple Plan, etc.
6. Artists coming out with their own line of clothing, perfumes, and other crappy merchandise aside from their dreadful music. (Ej. Jennifer Lopez, Sean 'Puffy' Combs, and Celine Dion.
7. Retro bands that bring no originality whatsover and all they do is completely rip-off everything from their most influential artists.
Oasis = Beatles
Scissor Sisters = Elton John
The Darkness = Queen
8. Music critics hailing bands like The White Stripes or The Strokes as 'THE NEXT BIG THING' when they are still way too far from becoming the phenomenon that critics predict they will be. Most of them actually suck.
9. Nu-metal and other forms of rock music mixed with rap. Absolutely horrible.
10. MTV (enough said)
[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]