Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Bootleg called Who Wants To Live Forever

forum rss feed
Author

syncursor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Aug 04, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a bootleg vinyl of Queen called Who Wants To Live Forever. The cover is done quite tastelessly with a picture of Freddie taken only a few months before he died. The tracklisting is very standard for a 1974 setlist (Queen II era).
Does anyone else have this or does anyone know which show this recording came from?
The back cover says "An excellent 70er performance from the Queen himself". Very tasteless, also. BTW: it's a stereo soundboard recording. Cheers:)

"I'm a greedy bitch!"
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 04, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, Ive seen it on Ebay a few times, but never brought it. The pic was taken after the Brits party in 1990. Not something id buy.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 04, 05:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I have that one too. Disgusting sleeve indeed... The tracks on the album were recorded at the Rainbow (the March show).

Cheers!

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 04, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's taken from the March 31, 1974 performance at the Rainbow. Probably copied directly from the well-known Sheetkeeckers bootleg.

August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 04, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah,it is the Rainbow gig in March 31. 1974.

...And yes it is a copy of much more popular Sheetkeeckers bootleg. I have both albums and songs and sound quality are the same. The only difference is the creepy cover which really doesn't fit to the concert, 'cos it's an early show filled with energy.