Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Free Queen Music

forum rss feed
Author

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 04, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stuff that you can easily purchase in your country generally isn't available free through this site because we'd rather have people support Queen by buying their music.

You can find concert and rare recordings in 'Sharing The Music' if you know how to use torrent and stuff. Otherwise you can find stuff on file sharing programs like Kazaa. But please do buy real CDs if you have the means to do so :)

Also, you can buy downloadable Queen tracks for a pound each at the official Queen download shop: http://www.7digital.com/shops/default.aspx?shop=14

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 04, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why is it hard for you to buy cd's as a 13 year old? I bought cd's when I was 8 or 9 years old (got MIH on the day of it's release when I was 10).

Maybe you shouldn't waste your money on a mobile phone and crap like that.

// disclaimer: normally I would've posted some awful post about how I hate newbies who ask questions like this, but since you're only 13 years I won't... I will if you keep questions like this :-)

Mr Coolest Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr Coolest Cat
Bohemian: 908 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 04, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Use this one, its free and don't give virus's or slow down your PC.
www.winmx.com

There must be more to life than this.
SergeantPepperDG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1725 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 04, 22:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PARASITE!

I actually just prefer to buy the WHOLE album. I only download songs that aren't worth buying the whole album for.

Kay Adams Corleone- The ultimate desperate housewife
joeyjojo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 396 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 04, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

" Does anyone know where u can get free music from the net."

Just discovered this thing called the 'internet' eh?

Welcome aboard.

syncursor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 04, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you want to find lots of Queen use emule www.emule-project.net or soulseek (don't have the addreess). With these two programs you'll be amazed at what you'll find plus with soulseek you can meet other Queen fans to share music with. Good luck. I remember being 13 and I didn't have a lot of money either. :)

"I'm a greedy bitch!"
the oppositionist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 882 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 04, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

Why is it hard for you to buy cd's as a 13 year old? I bought cd's when I was 8 or 9 years old (got MIH on the day of it's release when I was 10).

// disclaimer: normally I would've posted some awful post about how I hate newbies who ask questions like this, but since you're only 13 years I won't... I will if you keep questions like this :-)

Come on Pimmy, soften up! I didnt havce money to burn at £17 a time on music! Not even a phone, so dont assume this lass does! And dont pretend you dont download. Everyone has done it!
Go for kazaa and get yourself a really good firewall and anti virus stuff.

melinadeacon@queenzone.com
high-flying-adored user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 218 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 04, 21:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yah ... being not that old and not that financially apt, I'll have to agree. Money isn't as available, and I'd kill myself before asking my parents for money to go buy Queen CDs. (Another good reason why I work. Ha.)

But that being said ... let's be nice. :)

"As to a martini, I'm willing and able,

But only make it two at most.

Three martinis, I'm under the table --

Four, and I'm under the host!"
jamesfrancistaylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 88 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 04, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Why is it hard for you to buy cd's as a 13 year old? I bought cd's when I was 8 or 9 years old (got MIH on the day of it's release when I was 10)."

God I feel old.... when I was 13 (8 or 9) years old CD's didn't exist!....

:-)

James

Copenhagen

Denmark

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 04, 07:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the oppositionist wrote:

Come on Pimmy, soften up! I didnt havce money to burn at £17 a time on music!
C'mon!!! Go to second-hand and you can buy any Queen album (as well as any Black sabbath or any Led Zeps album) for as little as £5...

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 04, 10:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unfortunately WinMX usually has very few slots left..well that's why I don't use it. Because I'm a big girl.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 04, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

_M@tt_ wrote:

Winmx is probably the best one out there. You can find more than on Kazaa. In fact, Kazaa has spyware and adware in it's program..so I advise against that one.

The Lite version is free of those. But the official version is a pay-to-download service now, just like iTunes (although if you ask around, or do a Google search, you can find a free (cracked?) copy of the program)

And as for anti-virus programs, I WOULD recommend Sophos Anti-Virus, but it seems that site has become a corporate site, meaning their software is only available to businesses at certain costs. Bastards

Shvili user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 04, 19:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Copyright Infringement in progress

Nothing really matters in the end.
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 04, 20:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I used to use Kazaalite and had no problems. WinMX looks nice but it gets annoying always being in 'queue'. I never had the patience to wait for a download to even start, much less finish.

BackToHuman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 122 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 04, 03:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

also, incidentally, sophia, £2 was around $3.25 when i last checked. so, yeah -- definately not much money. i don't know what the price of cds/dvds is in the UK, but here in the US, you'd be doing good to find even ver, very used Queen cds for under $3. if you can find a good record shop, you'll probably find the albums on vinyl (earlier stuff anyway) in listenable quality for between $1 and $4 each. but like i said, i don't know what it's like in the UK.

Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 04, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you have to use kazaa, a good anti-virus program is AVG. And if you go to my site, I have a list of MP3s. I remember being 13, the only way I could get Queen CDs was by saving up money I got for Christmas or my birthday. My best bet is just make a Christmas wish-list. You may get some stuff, you may not. I've been asking for a Freddie mic with the half-stand for three years ;-)

Sunshine__123456 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 04, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

"Why is it hard for you to buy cd's as a 13 year old? I bought cd's when I was 8 or 9 years old (got MIH on the day of it's release when I was 10).

// disclaimer: normally I would've posted some awful post about how I hate newbies who ask questions like this, but since you're only 13 years I won't... I will if you keep questions like this :-)"

What an answer! Who do you think you are? This is an public forum which isn't owned by Mr Derks. It is free to ask anything without getting your crap comment's about newbies. And what do you know about her financial situation? Not everyone gets enough pocketmoney to buy albums, so maybe we can help her to get to know Queen's music. Queen's music should be available for anyone. What's the difference with the pre internet era? Nothing if you ask me? I copied all Queen albums on cassette and played them until the end forever and ever. Now we're in the possibility to download them and everybody talks about stealing and stuff... A real fan buys his favourite albums on cd and in the end Queen will sell more albums.

Pim, i really don't like the way you talk here with such an arrogance about newbies. How old are you? 18 or something? And you're talking about newbies??? What about you? You must be the biggest newbie on this forum in life. Just treat eachother with respect and don't slaught them when somebody asks a question. When you're annoyed by something, post it a day later or don't post at all. It's really sad that this atmosphere in this forum is created.

You got the right key baby, but the wrong key hole.

ST
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 04, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vote "Pim" for Queen-Online moderator.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 04, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Not everyone gets enough pocketmoney to buy albums"
>>> GET? Example: I worked all summer in 2000 to get the damn Freddie solo box. Worked in the summer of 1999 to get stuff like Hits 3, Flix 3 etc etc.

"Pim, i really don't like the way you talk here with such an arrogance about newbies. How old are you? 18 or something?"
>>> 19 to be precise.

"And you're talking about newbies???"
>>> Yep, and I'm not the only one who's fucking tired with "where can I find the easter-eggs on GVH1", "why does Eminem have a Queenlink on his site" and "where's Jhon?".

"What about you? You must be the biggest newbie on this forum in life."
>>> Not really - been here for over 4 years. Been a fan since 1992.

"It's really sad that this atmosphere in this forum is created."
>>> No - it's really sad that these new fans are to lazy to look things up for themselves and then act like little children when they're told to get lost.

Plengel user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2119 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 04, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Not everyone gets enough pocketmoney to buy albums"
>>> GET? Example: I worked all summer in 2000 to get the damn Freddie solo box. Worked in the summer of 1999 to get stuff like Hits 3, Flix 3 etc etc.

TRUE, Same here

"And you're talking about newbies???"
>>> Yep, and I'm not the only one who's fucking tired with "where can I find the easter-eggs on GVH1", "why does Eminem have a Queenlink on his site" and "where's Jhon?".

DITTO

"It's really sad that this atmosphere in this forum is created."
>>> No - it's really sad that these new fans are to lazy to look things up for themselves and then act like little children when they're told to get lost.

TRUE again.

You've never seen nothing like it, no never in your life. Like going up to heaven and then coming back alive.

http://plengelqueentrader.tripod.com