Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > the way of speaking of Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Nilton user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 04, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I listened to interviews of Freddie several times and i noticed he sometimes tried to think what to say when the interviewer asks him something.I'm not sure if he was problems to answer simple questions.

Nothin' yet
Albyboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 375 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 04, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nilton wrote:

I listened to interviews of Freddie several times and i noticed he sometimes tried to think what to say when the interviewer asks him something.I'm not sure if he was problems to answer simple questions.

Well, I think that it's quite normal when you know that interviewers and journalists are always there for giving the wrong interpretation of the words you said... Better think about the right words one or two times more, am I wrong?

Anyway, welcome to the forum and enjoy yourself.

:-)

Albyboy

And the light, turn then off my friend... And the ghosts... Well just let them in... Cause in the dark it's easier to see...
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 04, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i guess freddie had to be very careful of what he said because of his reputation...any thing he said could be twisted and turned to seve somebody's interest.

2+2=5
MamaQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 461 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 04, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He didn't trust the press nor the interviewer.

Freddie es como Carlos Gardel: cada dia canta mejor.
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 04, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, he probably wanted to answer the questions thoughtfully, and not just say the first thing that popped into his head. Especially when his answers could easily be taken out of context.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Garden Lodge user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 148 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 04, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe you're not getting the point of what Bilton is trying to point out.
Yes, Freddie has a very special way of talking. I belive his thoughts were faster than his tongue. And also having a very artistic, conceptual train of thought, he had difficulties trying to put in words what was in his head

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they

are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln -
Kuku user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 341 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 04, 02:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Garden Lodge wrote:

I believe you're not getting the point of what Bilton is trying to point out.
Yes, Freddie has a very special way of talking. I belive his thoughts were faster than his tongue. And also having a very artistic, conceptual train of thought, he had difficulties trying to put in words what was in his head

I noticed something similar - he didn't talk alot to journalists in the 70s, but in the 80s interviews he seems to have this hesitant manner of speaking - which sometimes makes me feel more nervous than himself (?). It is such a contrast to his confidence (or confident appearance) on stage.

Goodbye April lady, It's been good to have you around - Goodbye April lady, You've done a lot for the folks in this town...
Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts

Posted: 17 Sep 04, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I read up somewhere that he did have a tiny bit of a speech impediment. I could be wrong though.