Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Keeping the concerts in FLAC format

forum rss feed
Author

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 00:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi there... A comment and a Question...

I have downloaded several concerts and left the windows open for a few days later always keeping my sharing ratio way over 1.00. I think it's great that we can get these shows and I wish I had something to offer in return... Let Me Live, original version, anyone? hahaha :) The only 'rarity' I've been source of. I'm sure nobody knows what I'm talking about, anyway. To make up for all this I keep the windows open for many days later so I can give something in return.

Now the Question. I was wondering how do you store your concerts in CDs. I mean, do you save them in the FLAC format (playable only with a computer) or do you make audio CDs of them?.

If I make an audio CD out of FLAC files is there any LOSS in the QUALITY?. I mean, is it possible to get the original FLAC files from de Audio CD I burn??

I want to save the concerts in CD but I want to be able to play them in my stereo and not only my computer.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Wiley

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 01:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Convert the FLAC files to WAV by using Flac Frontend, and you will get a perfect digital copy to play on your home stereo.

Some people keep them as FLAC more as a way to archive their stuff, but there is no reason why you cannot make WAV copies out of them. I burn all of my stuff as WAV and have perfect CD copies.

DJ's the man we love the most
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I burn the concerts as Flac files on cd's. Then I listen to them through my computer. My stereos are connected to the computer.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.