Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Notice any thing on shear heart attack?

forum rss feed
Author

~Blue_Acid~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Notice any thing on shear heart attack? Well besides the completly diverse Queen album and the name given to it by Roger, it has a lack of Brian's vocals. Compared to queens relativly thick vocal arrangments, shear heart attacks chorus vocals are rather thin. I know the reasons but do you? try and guess.

"Im going to pull an Elvis Costello, but the chorus of this song goes What the hell are we fighting for..."

-Brian May 3/20/06 Pittsburgh @ the Mellon Arena before Hammer To Fall
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because he was in a hospital for most of it!

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
~Blue_Acid~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

quite happy. he was down with tetnus ( i believe thats how you spell it) after catching it in australia. Also the could explain why there is john is doing most of the guitar parts on Misfire

"Im going to pull an Elvis Costello, but the chorus of this song goes What the hell are we fighting for..."

-Brian May 3/20/06 Pittsburgh @ the Mellon Arena before Hammer To Fall
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually... I thought I read he had hepititis (I know I spelled it wrong).

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FatStrat wrote:

quite happy. he was down with tetnus ( i believe thats how you spell it) after catching it in australia. Also the could explain why there is john is doing most of the guitar parts on Misfire

Well, John did occasionally handle the guitar on his tracks, as did Roger.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe he had a swollen arm for awhile too. Whatever he did or didn't do vocal-wise, the album has some of his best guitar work in my opinion, so when he finally felt better and did all of his stuff in a (most likely) short period of time, I think he more than made up for his initial absence.

rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But Brian sang "She Makes Me"...

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 20:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger didn`t play guitar on that album, it was just Brian & John. But yes there wasn`t so much singing from Brian:

Brighton Rock - I guess he`s there, but it could easily be just multi tracked F & R

Killer - Apparently he`s there (as he said he had strong feelings for one vocal bit and they did another take on that when he recovered) but I don`t hear him

Tenement - All Roger

Flick - Brian perhaps is there, but the stronger vocals are from the other two

Lily , Dear Friends, Leroy, Misfire- All Fred

Lap - All Fred (except the screams which are by Rog)

Stone - Both Fred

Now I`m Here - I guess he`s there, but again the other are stronger

Lap Revisited - I only hear Fred. Maybe Brian (and the others) are at the end

She Makes Me - Both Brian

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Farlander user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 662 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Really, no guitar from Roger? I thought that was him playing on Tenement Funster - the acoustic you hear alone at the beginning. Who was that?

joeyjojo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 396 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had no idea Roger and John played the guitar on some Queen tracks.

BackToHuman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 122 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 22:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://sebastian.queenconcerts.com

John and Roger both played guitar on quite a few of their tracks, according to the above site. Freddie, also, apparently, was far more adept at playing guitar than he let on, according to several sources (thinking back to the above site, 'As It Began' by Jacky, and a quote from Brian on BoRhap doc on GVH1).

Yes, Brian was in the hospital with Hepatitus (sp? -- hell, can ANYONE on this site spell it, without the aid of a spellcheck?). I doubt it's in the credits on vinyl (as the album wasn't a gatefold), but the CD (Hollywood '91, at least), credits John for guitar on 'Misfire'. Also, John played electric piano on YMBF on ANATO. About the only thing I've not heard anything about is Brian playing drums or bass....other than that, it appears everyone was fairly capable, and able to handle pretty much whatever it took when it came to their songs. ('Body Language' is, apparently, entirely Freddie, while AOBTD, aside from the drumloop and vocals, is almost entirely John.)

BackToHuman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 122 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 04, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what i've always wondered is why/how the album retained it's name, even when the band new Roger's song wouldn't make it?

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 04, 03:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John and Roger both played guitar on quite a few of their tracks, according to the above site.

Yeah but not in the third album, in the third it was only J & B. Note that they were keen on putting specific credits in that album (ukelele-banjo, jangle piano...) and they don`t mention Roger on guitar at all.

As for Fred playing guitar - John confirmed they all four played guitar in the Hot Space album. So Fred did do something (even if it was a 3 sec overdub) besides CLTCL.

As for Brian playing bass or drums - He did it a lot (computer drums though) in his solo career. Dancer has him on keyboard bass.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Brianmay1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brianmay1975
Bohemian: 608 posts

Posted: 12 Sep 04, 05:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BackToHuman wrote:

Yes, Brian was in the hospital with Hepatitus (sp? -- hell, can ANYONE on this site spell it, without the aid of a spellcheck?).

Yeah, you spell it HEPATITIS... and I didn't use a spellcheck. I learnt how to spell it when I digged into Brian's past, in order to write about his life on my site.

I LOVE QUEEN!

"My guitar was my weapon and my shield to hide behind" (Brian May)