Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Stupid Comments

forum rss feed
Author

lottie88 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 136 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 04, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know that people write all the time about how people they know give them a hard time about Queen, but I really need to let out some steam here, because I am really pissed, so bare with me. In one of my classes my teacher lets each student have a day to play whatever music they want while we work. My one freind wanted to play Queen Greatest Hits, so I let her borrow it. At first everyone was ok, but after a while all hell broke loose and one asshole imparticular would not shut his hole. He kept say, "Oh, I bet this song is about that fag's boyfreind," and "I think I am going to start a Queen Sucks Club." I know all of this is very childish and it shouldn't bother me, because I know how great Queen is, but it does. One of the most enraging comments was probably about how Queen never had any hit songs. I was about ready to go to the back of the class give this guy the fat lip he deserved. I was just wondering about any of your experiences with Queen bashing, and how you restrain yourselves from going on a mass killing spree.

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 04, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It sounds like you need teachers who will discipline/remove students that act up in class.

Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 04, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How do I prevent going on a mass killing spree? I develop my argumentative skills. I'll have 90% of the class believing that Queen is the greatest band in the land before the day ends. That tends to quell any uprisings and embarrass the hell out of the opposition. It may be hard with other bands, but think about it. Your band is Queen, and Queen truly is one of the greatest bands to ever set foot upon the earth. It makes your argument that much easier. Study up on your Queen!

It also helps if you are "in good standing" with your peers.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
love of my life 14018 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 123 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 04, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, learn to tell them off into a corner to the point where they can't get out and essentially look like idiots. Such fun! If someone is enough of an ass to make unsolicited, uneducated comments about Freddie's homosexuality, well, who really cares what they think, anyway? If it were me, I would yell, swear, and verbally tear them apart until they're crying for their mommy. *Nods* Or you could always act like you really don't give a damn.

I like this:
"Hey, man, if you don't like us, well... fuck you"
~~~~~~Roger


"Roger and I go poncing and ultrablagging just about everywhere and lately we've been termed a couple of queens."
MetzgerR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 368 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 04, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I have a slightly different situation: My family is very strongly an incredibly strict, conservative Southern Baptist family. I'm kind of the 'black sheep' right now for several reasons, Queen being one of them.
Before I moved down to Tallahassee for school, my best friend gave me an instrumental Queen cd, because I mentioned thinking Bohemian Rhapsody would be fun to try and choreograph or dance to. I didn't really know anything about Queen, and was grateful when he brought the cd over...but after he left, my parents tore into me for bringing 'secular trash' into the house and letting it 'taint' my little sisters. Believe me, that's infuriating, and I wasn't even a fan at that point!
My dad took me aside and told me that he felt it was wrong for me to listen to anything that was created by a 'gay guy'...and the whole Beelzebub thing in Bohemian Rhapsody was a sore point too...
Anyways, the point is, people are going to think whatever they want to think, no matter how it hurts or infuriates you. I would say that it's probably better to just remind yourself why you like Queen - I mean, when it boils down to it, doesn't your own opinion mean more to you?

Ja ne!

lottie88 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 136 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 04, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahhh, thanks for all of the great advice and words of wisdom. I would have loved to bitch that kid out, because I am an awsome debater, but I can't do that in the middle of calculous. So I think tomorrow he might appreciate it if I wore my new Queen shirt school instead. I don't think fighting with him would help though, because he is ignorant and dumb, so anything over four letters he won't understand. Anyways, thanks for the help and I will try to contain my rage!!!!

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 04, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

heh, good comment by Roger there.


...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 04, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No hits???!!! Um, then why oh why do they have so many compilation CDs and fans and merchandise? And as I once said before - anyone who doesn't even like ONE Queen song has no taste in music - and those people cannot be trusted.

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 04, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zander05 wrote:

No hits???!!! Um, then why oh why do they have so many compilation CDs and fans and merchandise? And as I once said before - anyone who doesn't even like ONE Queen song has no taste in music - and those people cannot be trusted.


You're right; I don't know how anybody can't like at least one Queen song, especially with their diversity. Even if you're, say, a hardcore rap fan, you could listen to Wyclef Jean's Another One Bites The Dust. ;-)


Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

chancelloramethyst user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 152 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 04, 23:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I loved it this one time when this chick said: "I don't really like Queen, but they did have that one good song. I can't remember what it's called."

To which I replied: "We Are the Champions?"

"No, but that's good too. They did that?"

"Fat Bottomed Girls?"

"No, but I like that one too. Three good songs."

"Bohemian Rhapsody?"

"They did that? Yeah, I like that."

"We Will Rock You?"

"They did that one? Wow. I like Queen. I didn't know they did all those ones...oh, right...it was Another One Bites the Dust."


And when they say anything to the effect of "I don't like their music because they/Freddie was/were/is gay" respond as follows:

"And he got laid more than you ever will."

Gay's great--never can have a bad day when you're going home to head.

-Amethyst


~~~

"You haven't lived until you've swallowed Freddie Mercury's cum." -- Roger Taylor

~~~
the oppositionist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 882 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 04, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol lottie, ignore them. laugh at them. think about it, those little clueless twats in your class proberbly think greenday and blink 182 are the best bands in the world. we all know that queen are one of the worlds most successful bands and have lasted six times longer than the five years any modern band lasts. they are just ignorant. nobody in the world can argue that queen are crap cos the sales figures are all you need in a counter argument. ;D


melinadeacon@queenzone.com
♥Killer_Queen1946♥ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 172 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 04, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes indeead. But sometimes it is really, really, REALLY hard to ignore them and their uneducated comments.
But I did use that wonderful quote from Roger one day. I was quite pleased with myself.
One day, this kid, Steven Greene, well, he said that Queen was *too gay for his taste and that they suck anyway.
Blargh.
I got really tired of this and said, loudly and firmly, "Hey man, if you don't like Queen, well....fuck you!" and he just looked at me, since I'm not one for cussing.
Then, later that day, I caught him humming/singing "We Will Rock You". That bastard.

Oh, and in that Art situation, I didn't get to use Queen, but I used "Teo Torriatte" on it. I got a B+, too. Yay. :)

Oh, and to say before I forget, you all know Breanna? Well, she goes to my school, and at lunch, she "spilled" her lunch tray on Mr. Renie, the vice principal. She said she wanted to do something special for Freddie's birthday. (This was last Tuesday) And, at first, she got suspended for 5 days, and she told me earlier today that she's expelled. I asked her if she regrets doing that for Freddie, and she said nope.
She said she sings "Don't Stop Me Now" when she has seconds thoughts so she will do what she wants.

*I have no idea what he meant by 'too gay' for his taste. Whatever. He's also the one who said "If Freddie loved his fans, he wouldn't have died. If he wasnt that selfish"
Really, thats what he said. I was dumbfounded. Or just shocked.



'You're just jealous because I can rock my tights better than you EVER could!'



'Where won't I wear my sombrero!?'

love of my life 14018 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 123 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 04, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Killer_Queen1946 wrote:


Oh, and to say before I forget, you all know Breanna? Well, she goes to my school, and at lunch, she "spilled" her lunch tray on Mr. Renie, the vice principal. She said she wanted to do something special for Freddie's birthday. (This was last Tuesday) And, at first, she got suspended for 5 days, and she told me earlier today that she's expelled. I asked her if she regrets doing that for Freddie, and she said nope.
She said she sings "Don't Stop Me Now" when she has seconds thoughts so she will do what she wants.

*I have no idea what he meant by 'too gay' for his taste. Whatever. He's also the one who said "If Freddie loved his fans, he wouldn't have died. If he wasnt that selfish"
Really, thats what he said. I was dumbfounded. Or just shocked.


Wow. How can someone be that childish? Yes, Freddie got up one morning and decided: "You know, I think I'm going to die today because it sounds like such fun!" Hardly. Idiots. Too gay? Too gay? For God's sake, their songs aren't gay, which is part of the great thing about Freddie, his songs can go either way! Really, Queen has been fabulous for 30 years, unlike these stupid pop and rap "artists"..........

Oh, your friend Breanna sounds wonderful! I wish I'd thought of something like that!!!!


"Roger and I go poncing and ultrablagging just about everywhere and lately we've been termed a couple of queens."
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 04, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah Lottie, ignore them, laugh at them or bring arguments. There must be a reason why Bo Rhap is the number one song of all times in a lot of countries. Just tell them that!


I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 04, 05:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

God people shit me when they bag out Queen, especially when they dont know very much of their music!!!! it's 'cause they're all cockc who should die in fires!!!

Bahahahah! today, i saw some play (the miser or something) but there was this kid there (we were one of about 5 schools there) and he was making moves on his male friend ( i have nothing against, but he tried being smooth and failed!!) so my friend and i were.... encouraging...him, and singing, i want to break free, with emphasis on the 'break free' bit. it was fun!


***

Cheer up emo kid!

***
LittleQueenieMaria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 04, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I wanted to start a discussion with my classmates they said... "queen? never heard of them, or... oh, you mean Freddie Mercury who died of AIDS", You see...I'm from Romania and people at my age (17)... don't care about good music, they say it's oldfashioned... What more can I say? Indiference is so bitter...


Go, Go, Go, little queenie...
Lawyeris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 9082 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Sep 04, 06:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lottie88 wrote:

I know that people write all the time about how people they know give them a hard time about Queen, but I really need to let out some steam here, because I am really pissed, so bare with me. In one of my classes my teacher lets each student have a day to play whatever music they want while we work. My one freind wanted to play Queen Greatest Hits, so I let her borrow it. At first everyone was ok, but after a while all hell broke loose and one asshole imparticular would not shut his hole. He kept say, "Oh, I bet this song is about that fag's boyfreind," and "I think I am going to start a Queen Sucks Club." I know all of this is very childish and it shouldn't bother me, because I know how great Queen is, but it does. One of the most enraging comments was probably about how Queen never had any hit songs. I was about ready to go to the back of the class give this guy the fat lip he deserved. I was just wondering about any of your experiences with Queen bashing, and how you restrain yourselves from going on a mass killing spree.

You just ask this wide open asshole: So, my darling, if they had no hit in USA, so how could it happen, that Queen are inducted into RockRoll Hall of Fame,into the Songwriter's Hall Of Fame, have their own star in Hollywood's walk of Fame (Queen are only second group from UK after The Beatles, who got this star), and now Taylor and May left their fingerprints in Hollywood's Rock Wall, monument, dedicated to Queen.?"


Lithuania
willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Sep 04, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What the hell is wrong with those stupid Americans... Over here nobody associates Queen/Freddie with the whole aids/gay stuff. In the US every reaction seems to be focussed on that. Apparently there's too many religious foundations in that society to have an objective meaning on a band. Man, just judge them for their music, not for who they were/are.

By the way, this is no insult to any of you, but just the "general" reply from somebody not liking Queen. In the US it's: they are gay and therefore suck. Over here in Europe (most parts that is) it's: they suck because I simply hate their music, or Freddie's voice or whatever.

love of my life 14018 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 123 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Sep 04, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

willem-jan wrote:

What the hell is wrong with those stupid Americans... Over here nobody associates Queen/Freddie with the whole aids/gay stuff. In the US every reaction seems to be focussed on that. Apparently there's too many religious foundations in that society to have an objective meaning on a band. Man, just judge them for their music, not for who they were/are.

By the way, this is no insult to any of you, but just the "general" reply from somebody not liking Queen. In the US it's: they are gay and therefore suck. Over here in Europe (most parts that is) it's: they suck because I simply hate their music, or Freddie's voice or whatever.


I have to agree 100%. The vast majority of the US is obsessively homophobic.............

But how could anyone hate Freddie's voice?


"Roger and I go poncing and ultrablagging just about everywhere and lately we've been termed a couple of queens."
willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Sep 04, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Love Of My Life wrote:


I have to agree 100%. The vast majority of the US is obsessively homophobic.............

But how could anyone hate Freddie's voice?


Well, I've spoken to people who really didn't like his voice. Since it is rather unique and outstanding, I can imagine that people don't like it. Just not their taste.

I'm not too fond of Van Gogh as a painter, still people seem to like it. Just a matter of taste.