Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Hollywood's "Innuendo"

forum rss feed
Author

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 04, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just got a new copy of this today since my 1995 copy was looking quite worn. I was very pleased to see that it's a version that comes with a white tray and a white label disc! My 1995 version has a regular silver disc and I think it came with a black tray, though I replaced it with white myself if it did.

This makes me happy not only because it looks better this way, but because I originally had a version like this back in '91 or '92 with the white label and was disappointed to see a plain silver one when I rebought the disc in '95.

I added an 'Innuendo' page to my site:
http://members.cox.net/breakfree/innuendo.htm

Anyway, this is hardly worth posting about but I'm a bit crazy today.

Edit: Before someone asks why I bothered since I have the card sleeve version.. it's because I was very disappointed with the sound quality on that one so I wanted a new copy of the original for safekeeping :)

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 16 Sep 04, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have it as well. I wasn't aware that there was any other version! I guess you really DO learn something new everyday!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 16 Sep 04, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe my silver one is a collector's item then :-P Shame it's not in very good condition.

PS - Dan, have you by any chance seen a rather insane version of a video from this album recently? :-P Hope to see you on AIM sometime!

Daburcor?

Posted: 16 Sep 04, 09:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry I haven't been around! I am just now starting to get my wits about me again. I haven't seen a video (yet). I haven't done much of anything the past week.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Daburcor?

Posted: 17 Sep 04, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched the video. And I must say, I think I prefer the one that they aired on TV to the.. uhhh... odd version. ;)

Posted: 17 Sep 04, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, me too. But you'd have to admit it's well-made though, right? :-P

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18623 posts

Posted: 18 Sep 04, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Puppet Dangelus wrote:

I watched the video. And I must say, I think I prefer the one that they aired on TV to the.. uhhh... odd version. ;)

Two versions of the Innuendo video?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 18 Sep 04, 00:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I knew someone would ask eventually...

No, I sent Dan a tape of some stuff and included a video I made myself back in 1993 for "I'm Going Slightly Mad".

I threw it in as a surprise and was anxious to hear his reaction, but he hadn't been around so I asked thru here. That's all :)