When you are ill, what makes you feel better? For me it goes like this:
1) Lay on the sofa with a blanket, pile of pillows, hot water bottle, hot drink and the tv on soaps, home improvement programmes or chat shows
2) Eating fatty foods that i know are bad for me inc. cookies and cake
3) Porridge for breakfast! Lots of honey and or syrup
If i have a cold, my best remidies are:
1) Over heat your body to sweat it out of your system
2) Start taking vitamin c and echanacea as soon as you get a sniffle- for me it cuts a cold down to half the time. Time to start 'od' ing on vegetables and fruit juice- i drink a carton of oj a day with a cold! I take zinc now to improve my immunity.
3) Cups of tea, herbal tea or stock cubes/broth/soup
4) Eat alot- it give u back ur strength v fast
5) Go out for walks. Getting fresh air into your lungs makes you feel like you are cleaning them out.
6) Breath lots of steam to clear your pipes
7) Take anti cold tabs and decongestant medicines regularly to ease the pain. Basic pain killers work too.
8) for sore throats, make yourself juice ice cubes.
9)Apply a vapour rub to tissues or your pillow. You will breath so much better.
10) sleep on your side. It keeps 'slime' off your chest and eases coughing.
Thats my best advice. anyone have any family remidies they want to share???