Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > What next for DVD?

forum rss feed
Author

Rotwang user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 296 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen should release a double DVD for Christmas 2005 with both 1975 and 1979 Christmas shows at Hammersmith Odeon. Thoughts?

"You Can Be Anything You Want To Be"
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im hoping it will be GVHIII. Will be nice to hear commentary on the later vids, IGSM, Headlong and TATDOOL.

Chom own mudder fukker.

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree. There is a version of TATDOOL that was done by Disney. Instead of the grayish look, they went back and put a gold glow over the whole thing. It was very subtle but very cool. I only saw it a couple of times but I hope it makes it as an Easter Egg or something on the GVHIII.

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Probably Greatest Video Hits 3 and hopefully a 70's show.

[ Wybren™ ] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim<br><font size=1>Newbie-basher</font> wrote:

Probably Greatest Video Hits 3 and hopefully a 70's show.

I agree, I hope Earl's Court, but it won't happen :-( Second choice is Hammy 79.

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]
Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excuse my ignorance, but why not Earls Court? I'd love to have some of the 70s era shows on DVD, but I agree, I expect it will be GVHIII next.

Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

didn't Brian in Las Vegas interview this year say that it's going to be probably xmas show...? He mentioned Hammersmith, but... didn't say which one... :) I really DO hope for Hammy'79- great, great show!!! About the Earls Court- it wasn't their best performance PLUS they had some problems with mic (Ogre Battle and TYMD)...

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only one I'm worried about now is the next GVH DVD. I want some Innuendo stuff in surround.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ya, I think a GVH3 would be very nice.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hammersmith '79 on DVD in great shape would be a dream come true. The bonus material could include clips of Paris '79 and some more of those great German Jazz Tour clips as shown on Champions of the World.

Man Made Paradise
Giacco 73 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd love GVH 3 in 2005 followed by Live in Budapest 1986 with highlights from the Magic Tour '86 for the 2006.It would be great if they release both in 2005!

Freddie Mercury.

A wonderful human being and simply the greatest singer,performer and composer of our times.

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Giacco 73 wrote:

I'd love GVH 3 in 2005 followed by Live in Budapest 1986 with highlights from the Magic Tour '86 for the 2006.It would be great if they release both in 2005!
Don't you have enough of Magic Tour already out...? There were other tours as well, you know?

Giacco 73 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course there are other and maybe better tours from the musical point of view.But "Magic" is the one in which I fall in love definitively with Queen and I'm looking for extra footage of non common dates to give us all the material we can get of their last good bye.It's a matter of taste but I think is the most emotional tour Queen made.And maybe I'm not far from Brian May thoughs.By the way,I can't put in the same sentence Queen=Boring even if I listen to a song or see a video for 100 times :-)
And last I think Budapest '86 is a complete show with great quality of video and sound so is in pole position to be released.It's a matter of time and I think we'll see other great show,even from the 70's I hope!

Freddie Mercury.

A wonderful human being and simply the greatest singer,performer and composer of our times.
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GVH 3. Or an older concert.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 04, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Releasing Budapest would be a Rip-off since we know the tracklist for sooooooooooo long. Apart from that great Hungarian Song there are only minor differences to the Wembley show.
In case nobody else noticed, they use to release a Concert, then a GH DVD, then a Live DVD etc. So there is going to be GVH III first in Xmas 2005. Bet my bottom dollar, darlings...

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!
Oberon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 05:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scirocco1977 wrote:

Releasing Budapest would be a Rip-off since we know the tracklist for sooooooooooo long. Apart from that great Hungarian Song there are only minor differences to the Wembley show.
In case nobody else noticed, they use to release a Concert, then a GH DVD, then a Live DVD etc. So there is going to be GVH III first in Xmas 2005. Bet my bottom dollar, darlings...

I think it would be nice to have Budapest because it's a good concert and performance. There've been lots of discussion here about how it was a better performance than Wembley. Remember it was the show which was released on VHS at the time ('86/'87) in preference to Wembley, which was released later due to consumer (fan) demand

Tatterdemalion and the junketer

There's a thief and a dragonfly trumpeter
Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree that Budapest was the better performance. However, since they already gave us Wembley on DVD, I am satisfied with my Budapest video and would not spend money on a DVD which has about 99% of the material on Wembley. hmmm, unless the bonus material is superb.

As far as I know, releasing the Wembley DVD was also a fans' choice.
A shame they no longer do polls for the next DVD release.

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scirocco1977 wrote:

As far as I know, releasing the Wembley DVD was also a fans' choice.
I can't believe that fans asked for a gig taht was already avaliable (even if not complete) on VHS and CD (complete) and not for sth that hasn't been released yet AT ALL...

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 08:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they do release Budapest, I hope they save the video footage of the band roaming the country for a special feature. I don't want it spliced in with the concert itself. I agree that Budapest was a better performance than Wembley. I still want to have a 70's show.

KevMull user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 672 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So the fact that Budapest was shot on FILM(widescreen?) which is of MUCH higher resolution & higher quality (not top mention SUPERIOR camera work) to Wembley which was basically shot electronically on video tape with some obscure camera angles to say the least, counts for nothing.

Nobody here with a large screen display (RP, FP, Plasma etc) that would appreciate such quality piece of FILM (literally) and a supreb concert by Queen to boot on DVD?

I know I would for sure.

It's not all about track lists and multi coloured leotards!