Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > What's the most offensive thing someone has told you for being a Queen fan

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 00:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank God, nothing bad from my personal experience.

The only thing I could possibly think of is when my sister told me that I would pay a lot of money for a piece of turd pooped by Brian May himself. I found it quite funny though.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
MayFan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 202 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the only offensive thing I've ever heard was that a bass player I know said John Deacon sucked. I was horrified! I started to argue with him, but it was apparent that he was an idiot, so I didn't waste my time......

..got my mind on my money and my money on my mind....
redspecial85 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I was in high school I was blaring "Fat Bottomed Girls" on the bus...and some stupid douche-bag bully said "Who are you listening to?" I gave an honest answer..."Queen. I'm listening to the "Jazz" CD..." He replied..."Well what do you know...a faggot listening to faggoty music." I got really pissed and I said..."Hey Dunce...Queen is one of the greatest rock and roll bands to ever exist...Metallica and Nirvana cite Queen as influences...and none of them are gay...the only fag in the band was their lead singer...OH and by the way...tell your good for nothing bitch of a mother to stop leaving her lingerie at my house...'cause tonight when she comes over, I'm gonna make her swallow!" By the time I said that the bus had come screeching to a halt and I got moved to the front...and for my language I was sent home shortly after getting to school...Looking back on it...it was the best original insult I'd ever thrown at anyone...

"Oh oh people of the earth

Listen to the warning the seer he said

For those who hear and mark my words

Listen to the good plan." -Brian May

(The Prophet's Song)
joeyjojo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 396 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 01:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*sigh*

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 07:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm dissappointed Jingles, You opening a newbie topic??

Or is this just your new 'If you can't beat em join em' policy?

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone else agree with Fried Chicken?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mneh.

I got told I suck cock 'cause I listen to gay music. That's rubbish. I only lick the head.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
PrincesofTheUniverse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That would have to be some arse of a guy at the convention this year. This bloke (who had been dragged along by his wife by the sound of it) turned to me and said "Not so bad this,I thought it would be all queers, but you're actually all pretty normal.."
Needless to say I just walked away from the ignorant twat.

"The greed of man will be, far away from me. And my soul will be free, they won't go when I go..."

=====================

Dunfermline, Scotland
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This prooves that the American fans are not the only ones who get homophobic comments.

Brianmay1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brianmay1975
Bohemian: 608 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

This proves that the American fans the only ones who get homophobic comments.

No, unfortunately, not only the American fans get homophobic comments, I live in Romania and I got lots of them (in what concerns Queen, cos I'm not gay and many people tend to think I must be camp because of loving their music). However, this never made me ashamed of being a Queen fan (why should I? There's no reason to feel ashamed) and, besides that, I became very protective towards gays since then... I always defend them when somebody throws some uneducated comment. And I carry on with Queen, cos they rock!

I LOVE QUEEN!

"My guitar was my weapon and my shield to hide behind" (Brian May)

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry about that typo... I meant: "NOT ONLY the American fans."

Giacco 73 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was Summer 1992,I was wearing a wonderful Freddie T-shirt which were very fashionable at the time and I met a friend of mine,who was also a Queen fan and wore a similar T-shirt too.Then a guy who knew him told us "Hey,you look like a couple of gays with these T-shirts on of that faggot of Freddie Mercury!".I replied him "Before speaking to me of Freddie,wash both your ears and mouth and try to listen to REAL music and forget those crappy-poppy acts you use to listen to!"
Then he shut up and I go away proudly with one of my numerous Queen T-shirt on!

Freddie Mercury.

A wonderful human being and simply the greatest singer,performer and composer of our times.
toodey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 80 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

iGSM wrote:

Mneh.

I got told I suck cock 'cause I listen to gay music. That's rubbish. I only lick the head.

lmao

love of my life 14018 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 123 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font colour=blue>Lord Vultan wrote:

Queen ?? who is Queen

All too often. What's worse is having to say "You know, they did 'We Will Rock You'". And then you get an "oh... yeah........them....." What's worse is the fact that you can't tell them that Queen has so much more than just "We Will Rock You". Because they'll never get it and it's a waste of time to try.

"Roger and I go poncing and ultrablagging just about everywhere and lately we've been termed a couple of queens."
Kai Kurgan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 125 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The day after Freddie´s death a guy at school came along grining and asked me: "Wanna die like your idol, too?". I just said nothing cause I was shocked. But some other pupils around just shook their heads and shouted him an ignorant fucking silly loser. He never asked me again...

I´ll eat them whole before I´m done!

www.queenarea.de
the oppositionist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 882 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I get shock from people. They cant get over the fact that a nineteen yr old girl likes an older rock band. some kids i know are like 'queen are crap and old' and i just say, 'without them your bands (greenday, nivana etc) wouldnt exist because the doors would be closed'
And i laugh at their ignorance cos i know im right!

melinadeacon@queenzone.com
LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"You suck"

Comprende muchacho.
high-flying-adored user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 218 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

redspecial85 wrote:

When I was in high school I was blaring "Fat Bottomed Girls" on the bus...and some stupid douche-bag bully said "Who are you listening to?" I gave an honest answer..."Queen. I'm listening to the "Jazz" CD..." He replied..."Well what do you know...a faggot listening to faggoty music." I got really pissed and I said..."Hey Dunce...Queen is one of the greatest rock and roll bands to ever exist...Metallica and Nirvana cite Queen as influences...and none of them are gay...the only fag in the band was their lead singer...OH and by the way...tell your good for nothing bitch of a mother to stop leaving her lingerie at my house...'cause tonight when she comes over, I'm gonna make her swallow!" By the time I said that the bus had come screeching to a halt and I got moved to the front...and for my language I was sent home shortly after getting to school...Looking back on it...it was the best original insult I'd ever thrown at anyone...

Damn. I congratulate you -- that's a terrific insult. Good job! Ha!

"As to a martini, I'm willing and able,

But only make it two at most.

Three martinis, I'm under the table --

Four, and I'm under the host!"
high-flying-adored user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 218 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And people are always gonna be huge idiots. "Oh, aren't they all gay? I know they're all gay." Meh. Yes, idiots. "Yah, the people who wrote WWRY! Oh, that was in this one movie --"

Oh. My sister called me a fag a couple of times because I was listening to them in the car when we were going to the gym. Oh, could've slapped her senseless right then ...

Not much worse than that.

"As to a martini, I'm willing and able,

But only make it two at most.

Three martinis, I'm under the table --

Four, and I'm under the host!"
Introducing_Christina Lauren user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 92 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="red">Brianmay1975 wrote:

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

This proves that the American fans the only ones who get homophobic comments.

No, unfortunately, not only the American fans get homophobic comments, I live in Romania and I got lots of them (in what concerns Queen, cos I'm not gay and many people tend to think I must be camp because of loving their music). However, this never made me ashamed of being a Queen fan (why should I? There's no reason to feel ashamed) and, besides that, I became very protective towards gays since then... I always defend them when somebody throws some uneducated comment. And I carry on with Queen, cos they rock!

I'm ver protective of gays now too. interesting right?

"once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary"

-EAP

We miss you freddie, darling!:)