Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > WWRY Las Vegas

forum rss feed
Author

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But also WWRY will be coming to Boston sooner or later!!!! So there will be another chance espeacially for those like me who live in the area!

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And welcome to QZ mrjordy! I hope you enjoy your stay.

(Jim Rohn)

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I heard Brian on the radio a while back after the premire of WWRY in Vegas and he said that they were going to come to Boston. I think he said they will be just looking for places there next year. So I don't know when the actual show will happen.

(Jim Rohn)
Matti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1619 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw WWRY on Freddie's birthday and also got to meet Brian and Roger that day. Ooh, it was fun!

Total Blam Blam
Matti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1619 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I didn't get to hang out with them- although that would have been awesome, but I did get to meet them. They were very nice.

Total Blam Blam
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i was there--

it rocked!

cant wait to do it again!

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was there this past weekend, and I loved it. Definitely worth the trip.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

SergeantPepperDG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1725 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 04, 20:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate you all. *puts on grumpy face*

Kay Adams Corleone- The ultimate desperate housewife
*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1128 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mrjordy wrote:

"You were @ the premiere, Iron? Sweet. Did you get into the concert, as well? "

Hell, he was with Jacky most of the time, as well as Ray (and maybe my wife). Sat behind us during the pre-premiere whilst children pouted, was at all the bars (some with my wife), the premiere (maybe with my wife), and the 'pool party' (definetely with my wife)....about six rows back center stage, just behind us to the left during the fab concert.....

(can't figure out whether to type in the lyrics of Queen's 'Jealousy' or Lennon's 'Jealous Guy' at this moment)

Damn....the six hours must have been great. Hope that isn't the reason Brian passed on the meet and greet with the USA and British fan club members.

joe, wife, and the dozen yearold doggie+

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes i made it to the tuesday show
and then the premiere on weds.

had a blast

went to the after party too--- the vibe was incredible. from the rock walk ceremony-to the show- Arigon-to *ahem* a cocktail or two--- it was just a great night and great way to end a trip to Vegas.

i was at that bar quite a few times too--
mostly hanging from the rails on the outside *LOL*

Edit--meant to add- sorry i did not get to meet you

Mitti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm jealous! :'(

(hey, but great for you :D)

Oh I ain't greedy

But you gotta see my point of view

I was not born yesterday

But you know I must have learned a thing or two

Posted: 25 Sep 04, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh wow

you were with lisa and mark and the rest of the gang-- at the napolean and bar....

i just saw pictures by lisa

i was drinking absolute martini's but i think you and i did banter back and forth a little bit..

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 00:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yea we bantered and spoke several times

i was with the wildones over by the windows--i am one half of the paul and ray duo.

i know i came over and told everyone to behave *LOL*

i feel really stupid-it didnt click until i saw a picture---

Mean Mistreater user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 482 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 04, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

has anything been said about how long WWRY will be running in vegas?

Posted: 27 Sep 04, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it has a 10yr opened ended run in Vegas if they want it

Deacons 1st Choice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deacons 1st Choice
Bohemian: 603 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 04, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi folks...

I just joined QZ as i felt motivated to add some comments to this thread! It's a great chat and i'd like to add to it!

I was also at the Premeire on Sept 8th. I flew out solo from Boston to take part in this historic event and it did'nt dissapoint. I missed out on all the excitement i have now learned about (Brian at Le Cage until all hours...etc!) but i more for made up for it during my one day/night stay.

I was happy to see many US fans i have known thru the years there who came for the Fan Club Show primarily, but were very fortunate to score the last-minute released Premiere Tickets. Although i did'nt really get to chat with most of you, i was indeed glad that you all were able to make the trek out there...exspecially all you ex-Royal Vision Members!

I was there as a special invited guest and i am still stunned and amazed at my experience that day/night. It was absolutely incredible to say the very least....everyone there knows what i am talking about. That nights show was spot on and the Cast were definately feeling the enthusiastic buzz from all of us Queenies in the audience. They truly value your reactions and enthusiasm! The show was great, but i think it was the awesome AfterShow Party that really blew me away. And i thought the Red Carpet was a trip...all those cameras were very intimidating i must say!

The Aftershow Party was, and still is, beyond desscription in a way for me. Here it is almost 3 weeks later, and i am still reeling from the experience. Seeing both Brian and Roger so up close and personal, PERFORMING live was AMAZING!! When MeatLoaf came on...i nearly died from excitement. What a SHOW!!! Nuno was awesome too...gotta love those Bostonian Bands!

Wish i knew so many more of you were there...perhaps then i would'nt have been so alone during my stay....i felt like a incognito John Deacon but like the song says..."Yes..it was a worthwhile experience!"

Hey, how about some more stories regarding everyones moments with Roger and Brian? I'd like to hear more about what i missed!

And i'd like to add this....WWRY would do very well if it came to Boston. Ol' Beantown has always been a major Queen City since the very early days. I'm happy to hear Brian still remembers us all...

Rememeber, Boston beat Vegas by 22 years in proclaiming a "Queen Day".

Can't wait until WWRY plays the Wang or the Opera House and we will all be treated to "Queen Day II"!!

Bring it on!! Yee HAA!!!

VOTE DEACONCRATIC IN 04'

JOHN DEACON FOR PRESIDENT!!

Deacons 1st Choice

Posted: 28 Sep 04, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know that feeling well....

If any of you are interested in a more in depth review of my Vegas adventures....visit the Official WWRY Message Forum!

You can find my rather lenghty entry in the WWRY America topic section. Scroll down the list and click "The Vegas Aftershow Party ( or was it Premeire?)....from the INSIDE".

Check out "Deacon's 1st Choice"'s comments!

Have fun!

Let me know what you think, and in the meantime i will eagerly await your review Mr. Jordy (Trek Fan?)

Deacons 1st Choice

Posted: 29 Sep 04, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd put a "smiley face" hear if there were some to add to the post....!!

Deacons 1st Choice

Posted: 30 Sep 04, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Jordy!

Glad to hear from you mate....listen, i LOVE your idea for a website TOTALLY dedicated to our experiences at the Premeire! I want to hear EVERYONES tales regarding Brians time with them at Le Cage, Roger hiding out in the Cafe', and MORE!! I say go for it dude.

Today was a long day for me too so i hear you....i was glad when the workday was done today too! Great to come home and kick back with some good reads on the Queen Message Boards. I regularly visit 3, and my main review for my Vegas experience is on the WWRY Message Forum. Once you get a chance to read it, let me know what you think! The version on there is the SHORT version if you can beleive it...(wait, Jordy can as he was THERE!!)

Hope to hear from you soon!

In the meantime...we have the big presidential debate to laugh at....(sigh) I hate politics...

I'm voting "Deaconcratic"...

JOHN DEACON FOR PRESIDENT!!

YOU CAN'T BEAT HIM

Deacons 1st Choice

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Jordy

Hey, i'm really happy to hear that you are serious about setting up a Vegas Premeire Experience Website!!

This will ROCK!!!!

Here is the site address to where my review is on the official WWRY Message Forum.

http://wwry.queenonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=9990&start=30

If the above does not work...here's the info to find my comments:
Again, you want the WWRY Message Forum...click WWRY America then find the topic "Opening Night...from the INSIDE" On page 3 is my review. Scroll down halfway, and look for my pink John Deacon photo avatar and you have found it!

Good luck! I have just posted some smiley faces to move the thread up to the top...if you move quickly, you should find the thread easy now!

Let me know how you do!

Oh, and unfortunately i did not have a camera with me that night. I assumed that such things would not be allowed so did'nt bother.

Silly me!

And i don't think i know a Lisa...i know a Linda though that was there that night...

Jordy, any chance you could share some more of your Brian experience stories here? I want to hear MORE!!