Forums > Personal > Lost

forum rss feed
Author

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Got around to watching this new show this evening and I loved it. I'll be interested to see how it goes along after the original premise gets tired. I can see this show being really successful for a year or so, then kind of fade away. Still, the only show I'll be taking the time to watch this fall.

Any other thoughts?

DJ's the man we love the most
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Isn't that the show that was created by David Fury of Buffy/Angel fame? If that is the one I'm thinking of, Then I'd like to see it!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 11:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My mom said this was great. I don't have too much room for new shows though.

The ER season premiere sure kicked ass last night. I cried at least 3 times! That guy with the bleeding tonsils.. my god, how does some guy you've never seen before get like 2 minutes of screen time and already make you cry? That's why ER kicks ass.

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The first episode was actually the first half of the 2 hour pilot. It ends more in the middle of a story than by itself, but that's not distracting.

As for a brief recap, it's pretty much as the commercials described it, albeit with a bit more mystery. A plane, already 1000 miles off course, crashes on a deserted island, and he episode picks up right after the crash, as the remaining survivors run around panicking.

What makes this a little different are the mysterious creatures on the island. It has the elements of a disaster movie, with a little bit of Jurassic Park thrown in. It's not Shakespeare, but it's fun so far. Of course, it may get tiresome, a la Land of the Lost, but for now I'll keep watching.

If you missed the episode, Matt, and know how to do torrents, then I suggest you visit suprnova.org. That's how I managed to see it.

And Dan - Yep, that's the one
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/

rmtfictionqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 125 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched it and I got really into it. I get into shows that are good like somebody getting into a good movie and keeps talking to the screen. It's a good mystery about what is in that jungle and I want to know what the idea is with that yellow lab that was there. I can't tell if he was in the plane with them or he was already on the island.

Truthfully, I think the only reason why I watched it cause I have a little thing for Dominic Monaghan who plays Charlie in the show. I wanted to check it out and see what it was like. I'm not really one for dramas.

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looks like they'll be showing the full 2 hour pilot on Saturday, Oct. 2. So if you missed it you might want to skip the 2nd episode next week and wait to see them both together a week from tomorrow.

iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have read the reviews-- been quite positive

but working at night-- i cant watch it....

i will however be watching a Very Brady Reunion on Sunday... woo hoo!

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My dad watched it and quite liked it, I was too busy listening to the radio :-)

Comprende muchacho.
SergeantPepperDG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1725 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My new show is "Will and Grace" now that Friends is over. I REFUSE TO WATCH "JOEY"! I also watch "Smallville" and "American Idol" (IT'S ADDICTIVE!)

Kay Adams Corleone- The ultimate desperate housewife

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rmtfictionqueen wrote:

I want to know what the idea is with that yellow lab that was there. I can't tell if he was in the plane with them or he was already on the island.

I have a guess: The little boy in the episode talked about someone or something that he wondered if it survived, but his father quickly dismissed it. It sounds like it might be a person, but I wonder if the boy wasn't talking about his dog.

Perhaps

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 04, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I figured I was right. I just had to be positive. I LOVE David Fury! He's a great writer! Not as good as ol' Joss Whedon, But damn close! :D

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 04, 02:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't contribute anything to the topic but I know that I love whirled peas new look. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!

Posted: 25 Sep 04, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, international :) It's short enough I was able to close the color tag so it doesn't look so sloppy like most of these tossers.