Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Your First Queen Album...

forum rss feed
Author

Matti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Sep 04, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What was your first Queen album that YOU bought and why did you buy it?....not inclucing greatest hits or live ones.

Mine was A Day At The Races because I had heard GOFLB and loved it- so I got the album.

Total Blam Blam
Yogurt user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yogurt
Royalty: 1927 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 04, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Night At The Opera
i was about 7 yrs old
ok..i didnt buy it..my dad did
but i wanted it because of the famouse song i heard in Waynes World

I don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in my pool!

Brimon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 571 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 04, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Game, I love that album, I used to listen to it over and over again. The old vinyls got a few bumps and scratches on it now, but Id rather listen to that than a c.d. its like an old friend, I might not see him as often as I should but I never forget him.

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 04, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same here Brimon, The Game was my first. I was 9 or 10. I think I had the AOBTD single first though. Shortly after that I was given my stepdad's copy of Queen 1 and listened to his reel-to-reel copies of everything else until I got my own vinyls.

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 04, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well the first albums that I got were given to me but I think that the first one that I bought was The Game.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
~Blue_Acid~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 04, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My first cas a burned copy of my moms GH then I bought the platinum collection followed by live magic then, Queen: preordained then, live at wembely then Queen, then queen 2 then, a night at the opera then, live killers then, sheer heart attack then the miricle...then the us version of GH...i also got QVH 1 and 2 the tribute concert, Live at earls court 75, and live at wembely

"Im going to pull an Elvis Costello, but the chorus of this song goes What the hell are we fighting for..."

-Brian May 3/20/06 Pittsburgh @ the Mellon Arena before Hammer To Fall
GonnaUseMyPrisoners user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The first one I was GOING to buy was ANATO, 'cuz I had just heard BoRhap for the first time on the radio (Spring of 76) and went gaga over it. In fact, since it was all I could talk about, my aunt Linda went out & bought it (unbeknownst to me at the time) because I made her so curious with all my "oh my god, this is the best song EVER, I swear to god it's UNBELIEVABLE" etc....

But there I was, innocently hanging around in my bedroom one day, she pulls up in her car outside the house (I don't notice), and later when she comes inside she teasingly scolds me: "Donny, you always come running outside when I come over to see you and today I have a present for you and you didn't even come out to say hi? Why not?" Would you believe she DIDN'T LIKE the ANATO, so that day she just gave it to me!!! WOO-HOOOOO! My first full-length vinyl LP of choice (which I was saving up to buy, but didn't have to, in the end). I wore it out & had to replace it later on!

But the first QUEEN one I TECHNICALLY BOUGHT with my own money was ADATR, having heard Somebody To Love and Tie Your Mother Down on the radio. I rode my bicycle into town (probably 5-6 miles) the first week it was out, was totally nervous buying it (I dunno why). I rode back with it under the handlebars, trying hard not to let it get caught in the spokes. I thought the pictures of the 4 guys on the inner sleeve were scary. Some of the songs scared me, too... pretty powerful stuff for a "teenybopper"!

...gonna use my prisoners, gonna give 'em the business...
Giacco 73 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My first Queen album was The Miracle and I bought it when was released in 1989.I was a Queen fan since 1984 when Radio Ga Ga was released and I knew something of them even earlier.I followed them trought Live Aid and the A Kind Of Magic era and I liked the film Highlander a lot but I wasn't into music very much at the time,not as now!I also witnessed the Freddie Mercury solo efforts,The Great Pretender and Barcelona but it wasn't until I watched on TV the videos of I want it all followed by Breakthru that I decided to buy my first album ever.It was the sparkle of my neverending Queen legacy!
And I still love the Miracle album,too!

Freddie Mercury.

A wonderful human being and simply the greatest singer,performer and composer of our times.
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 00:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

News Of The World, here. Sometime after Freddie's death, I was talking to my mom in her room (I was probably about ten) and we were watching VH1 and a picture of Freddie came up, announcing the Concert for Life. I asked who he was, and she explained what she could - she then gave me a copy of Hot Space to listen to, but I never did.

I then heard We Will Rock You in the summer of 1993, and couldn't stop singing it. My mom then bought me News Of The World just to shut me up, I think, but it didn't help - I would play the album non-stop, so finally she took me out to buy me Classic Queen, just so she didn't have to listen to News Of The World on replay every forty minutes.

What a lovely woman she is. Certainly not the loser in the end.

EDIT: Ah, that'll teach me to read. I can't quite remember which Queen album I personally bought, so I'll say The Game. I recall listening to Rock It and instantly falling in love with it, then looking at the liners to the cassette and seeing Roger with a smug expression on his face, then thinking to myself, "Yeah, it's cause he knows he wrote such a kick-ass song." I certainly had quite the imagination.

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 00:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Day at the Races for me. Then in a space of a week The Game, Jazz and A Night at the Opera.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Ron user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1031 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 01:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I already had GHII on cass but a year later (1992) I was on vacation in Switzerland and was checking the CD's and noticed Queen. For some reason I wanted to buy an album and my father advised me to buy Queen I and so I did. Still dont know why he let me pick that one. I had to wait another week untill I could play it, since we didnt had a cd player in the car or at the house where we were staying. Then came Barcelona, the 1992 single re-issue... :D

QueenPictureHall.com is back at qph.runoutgrooves.com
VGB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 209 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

actually GH and Classic Queen were the first albums I ever claimed as my own, let alone Queen albums...but if we're talking albums-albums it'd be A Night At The Opera.

I bought it on CD after listening to my Dad's LP's of it. I also listened to his SHA, NOTW, ADATR, and Live Killers LPs too, but I bought A Night At The Opera I think because it had bohemian rhapsody and you're my best friend on it. Or it was the only one I could find at the store.

I didn't even have a portable CD player! I had to copy my CD on to a cassette to listen to it in my portable cassette player. Come to think of it that cassette is actually still in my car and listened to regularly. :)

"the radio's playin Queen, and we're rockin out" - saves the day
Roger_in_Tigerskin_Trousers user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 06:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ANATO

Why did the 80s have to happen?

Who wants body language instead of liar

???????????????????????????????????????
SlightlyQueenMad user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 08:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Day At The Races and Sheer Heart Attack were my first ones

`Big bad big boy big bad Leroy Brown, I'm gonna get that cutie pieĀ“
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 08:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Game on cd in 1993. Got it from a friend whose dad worked at EMI. After that the FM album, Happiness and Greatest Hits I think.

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen 1 (CD) - bought from MVC Ipswich back in 1994 (one of the digital remasters from that year)

SergeantPepperDG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1725 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After I got the Greatest Hits Collection, I started at the beginning and got Queen, then Queen II, etc.

Kay Adams Corleone- The ultimate desperate housewife
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greatest Hits 1 on vynil, 1987, I was 9. My cousin had 2 copies of it for xmas 1986, I brought it off him for £5, I was 9. From then on I was hooked.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Goo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 295 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I already had gotten GH and Classic Queen as a gift, and ANATO was my first Queen album, cause I'd heard Death on Two Legs, and really liked it. Also, they didn't have a huge selection of Queen cds in Music World that day.

Playful as a pussycat.
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd like to start collecting Rogers and Brians' solo efforts but there's rather a small chance of getting them over in Australia..bastards.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!