Forums > Personal > A Few Thoughts on Iraq

forum rss feed
Author

FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So what if Saddam Hussein did not have WMDs?

Neither did Osama bin Laden.

What Hussein DID have was time and power.

So did Osama bin Laden.

When people start talking about how Bush "doesn't care about terrorism", remember: one of those planes was headed for the White House.

Did the U.N. have a plane headed for it?

"Brian May, Freddie will."
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Prepare for a long long long fuckin' thread.

Anyone who thinks that Bush is doing right choices when it comes to terrorism should read the '9/11 Comission Report' or Richard Clarke's 'Against All Enemies'. Which I need to mention that Richard Clarke is not a liberal or a democrat trying to bring Bush down for political purposes, but by exposing true facts without taking sides on the political spectrum.

After that, tell me if you still believe that Bush is our brave, encouraging, determined, and patriotic commander in chief.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont this board is equiped to handle political conversations. Everytime we do it every one just bitches at each other.

MY GOD spell it write.
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sour grapes plus $$$ for a book deal ...

http://www.opinionjournal.com/la/?id=110004893

"After that, tell me if you still believe that Bush is our brave, encouraging, determined, and patriotic commander in chief."

Where in the 9/11 Commission report should I read to draw your brilliant conclusion?

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

Prepare for a long long long fuckin' thread.

Anyone who thinks that Bush is doing right choices when it comes to terrorism should read the '9/11 Comission Report' or Richard Clarke's 'Against All Enemies'. Which I need to mention that Richard Clarke is not a liberal or a democrat trying to bring Bush down for political purposes, but by exposing true facts without taking sides on the political spectrum.

After that, tell me if you still believe that Bush is our brave, encouraging, determined, and patriotic commander in chief.

And you think that Clinton was doing a better job?

I agree that Bush was not doing all he could prior to 9/11: had he gotten off his ass and done what he is doing now in Iraq and had taken the Taliban out of power, there is a good chance 9/11 would have not happened.

HOWEVER, you seem to find no problem lambasting Bush's decisions both then and now - you sarcastically talk about Bush not being "brave, encouraging, determined, and patriotic", well what the fuck would you prefer him to do? Do YOU have any brillant suggestions for him? If not, stop spouting rhetoric, get your head out of your ass and think about something for once in your life.

Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

I dont this board is equiped to handle political conversations. Everytime we do it every one just bitches at each other.

Word.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"...what the fuck would you prefer him to do? Do YOU have any brillant suggestions for him? If not, stop spouting rhetoric, get your head out of your ass and think about something for once in your life"

Maybe you should've called this thread "Some thoughts on Iraq I don't want anyone to disagree with or I'll start ranting and swearing like an idiot"

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddiesGhettoTrench wrote:

HOWEVER, you seem to find no problem lambasting Bush's decisions both then and now - you sarcastically talk about Bush not being "brave, encouraging, determined, and patriotic", well what the fuck would you prefer him to do? Do YOU have any brillant suggestions for him? If not, stop spouting rhetoric, get your head out of your ass and think about something for once in your life.

Cool it down, dude. I respect your position for not liking Clinton, and like most presidents he did wrong decisions (which I believe were few compared to other presidents), but even if he did a lot of mistakes does that make Bush a saint?

Suggestions are too many to mention, and they're basically the same ones that everyone talks about...

- Raising taxes for the wealthy to cope with the deficit instead of making it worse by giving tax cuts to even those who DON'T NEED THEM.
- International environmental policies that the Bush administration hasn't worried about because they think that things like global warming are just NOT THAT IMPORTANT.
- And of course... http://www.costofwar.com/ ...we all know that there are far better things to do with all this tax payers money for something other than killing.

Anyways, I really can't blame Bush because you have all these people saying things like 'Bush is Evil' or 'Bush is Nazi', and I truly believe that Bush is not the one to blame here. Obviously the guy is not very brilliant, but that's mainly because he's a puppet of Dick Cheney and all those bastards who want to brainwash America by selling them fear. How could you expect people not being dissapointed about this administration when corporate greedy bastards from Halliburton are running the nation for their own benefit?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
joeyjojo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 396 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 21:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddiesGhettoTrench, did you even read what you typed? Did the lack of any actual logic connecting the dots bother you?

The reality is that Iraq has nothing to do with the planes crashing into the US. In fact, there are more ties to the US with Saddam, and more ties to the Bush clan with the Saudi's than there are between Iraq and either country.

But, alas, american voters don't seem too concerned with logic these days. I'm worried.

"And you think that Clinton was doing a better job?"

What does that have to do with anything?

": had he gotten off his ass and done what he is doing now in Iraq and had taken the Taliban out of power"

And what would him attacking Iraq have done to prevent 9/11?

"Do YOU have any brillant suggestions for him?"

Yes. Admit to his misdeeds. Pull out of Iraq and start addressing the root issues of terrorism. You simply can not fight a war against it. Many countries have already learned this lesson.

Also, throw out the bible thumping, stop the gay bashing, start funding real education iniatives, actually come up with a solution to the health care problem, resolve the free trade issues, stop with the tax breaks to those that don't need it, and for christ's sake, LEARN TO SPEAK IN FULL SENTENCES.

"If not, stop spouting rhetoric, get your head out of your ass and think about something for once in your life."

Ouch. That's some thick irony.

St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Pull out of Iraq"

Brilliant idea - reward Saddam's cronies, the religious lunatics and the Al Qaeda beheading terrorists.

Holly always treats everyone with respect. LOL

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And Jingles is allowed to start the swearing I see, FGT is not allowed to respond in kind? Pot Kettle ...

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I said it's going to be a long fuckin' thread.

Was I offending anyone?

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 22:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

"...what the fuck would you prefer him to do? Do YOU have any brillant suggestions for him? If not, stop spouting rhetoric, get your head out of your ass and think about something for once in your life"

Maybe you should've called this thread "Some thoughts on Iraq I don't want anyone to disagree with or I'll start ranting and swearing like an idiot"

Oh, get off it. Like you don't throw a hissy fit every time someone disagrees with your views. I've seen it - dare anyone say something that compromises your point of you, you fly off the handle!

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 22:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

Cool it down, dude. I respect your position for not liking Clinton, and like most presidents he did wrong decisions (which I believe were few compared to other presidents), but even if he did a lot of mistakes does that make Bush a saint?

Where did I say Bush was a saint? I said he's doing the right thing now by taking a brutal, bloodthirsty dictator out of power.

And I'll reply to the rest of this tomorrow because I need to go...

St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

Was I offending anyone?

How can I be offended by wisdomless youth that is still wet behind the ears. When you hit thirty maybe you will wise up and become Republican.

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Brilliant idea - reward Saddam's cronies, the religious lunatics and the Al Qaeda beheading terrorists."

It's not rewarding anyone. Many folks in Iraq don't want us there anymore. This includes the ones that were very grateful for us for relieving them of Sadam.

The point is that what we're doing is what encourages the weak minded to resort to terrorism. We're doing nothing but feeding the flames at this point.

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I said he's doing the right thing now by taking a brutal, bloodthirsty dictator out of power."

A few points just to add to the discussion:

1) ...but did bush do it in the right manner/framing?

2) note that Sadam has been in jail for quite a while now.

3) Note that we still do business daily with plenty of evil dictatorships

4) This war has benefitted few folks. It got rid of Sadam for the Iraqis. They're happy about that. But we haven't given them much else except continued war up to this point. It has benefited a few gigantic contractors with close ties to Cheney and Bush. It hasn't benefited US citizens at all. We're now in massive debt again.

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In otherwords, I guess I'm just very very tired of the 'but Sadam was evil' as a blanket forgiveness for Bush's entire presidency. Far Righties tend to debate on a level assuming their opponents are actually for Sadam. It's hard to debate someone when they're not even on the same plane. (And that isn't directed to anyone in particular...just to the world at large...)

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bullwinkle wrote:

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

Was I offending anyone?

How can I be offended by wisdomless youth that is still wet behind the ears. When you hit thirty maybe you will wise up and become Republican.

So I take it as you're one of those very wise people who think that the money that we pay for taxes should go towards killing more people including our own.

You have indeed prooved yourself to be very wise.

St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 26 Sep 04, 23:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure stick your head in the sand and hope the problem goes away. It did not work with Hitler - why should it work now?

Iraq invaded another country, instituted genocide on the Kurds, and never complied with the UN resolutions to return to the world community.

How does China and North Korea compare to Iraq? and I suppose Israel should ignore the suicide bombers?