Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen Errors & Glitches

forum rss feed
Author

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 02:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, I know. Queen are perfect. There is no other band on the face of this earth that compares with John Deacon's undergarments.

HOWEVER.

For those astute listeners, myself discounted as I'm half-deaf, but with myself recounted because I have a nice pair of headphones...what errors and glitches have you noticed in a Queen recording?

While listening to 'Don't Stop Me Now', I noticed two piano flubs - one at 1:54 and again at 1:58. It's next to impossible to hear the second flub, as there are multitudes of overdubbed voices, but if you listen hard enough, the 1:54 flub is all I'll ever hear now.

Contribute!

Regor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 364 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On my The Works-CD the solo at the end of "Man on the Prowl" ends somewhat abrupt, as if someone stopped the tape from running a few seconds too early... but maybe that's just a remastering-error.

Brian mentions a glitch on "making the rhapsody" on GH I DVD.

And the "oohh" on "Rock you" before the first verse, when just the beat is audible... Brian once explained that on his soapbox, I think it was the echoe (due to the multitracking of the stomps and claps) of himself counting 1,2,3,Fooouuur

Guten Tag und Guten Abend !!! We had a great time in Cologne. Drinking beer in the sunshine beside the Mighty Rhein brought back many memories for me..... (Brian May, 2004)
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 03:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are several. From the top off my mind:

- Lap Of the Gods has several unintentional glitches in the piano, as if Fred wasn`t sure which chord was next. There are some tempo changes (also unintentional). Moreover at one measure that left hand doubles a descending bass fill, Fred and John play different notes that create dissonances. Those could be intentional (to reinforce the mysticism of the song) but I doubt so since on stage they played unisono.

- Fat Bots has one time the G chord with F bass

- Jealousy has some bass mistakes, and also Sleeping On The Sidewalk

- Note Fred`s lead voice in Sweet Lady through DTS channels. No wonder why he had to multi-track it

- The second "Bismilah" in Bo Rhap has the Timpani entering in a slightly different time with the bass. One of them is a little too late or a little too early. Of course in the whole mix you don`t notice it since there are also drums (plus overdubbed snare), piano and octave vocals to cover it up

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
The King Of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2259 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 03:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

for one thing, I remember someone saying that in some part of Father To Son, it goes out of tune for a brief moment.....also, I've noticed in BoRhap from Live Killers (yeah, its live, so I guess its less of a glitch)....something, I am not sure what, is out of tune when Freddie sings "bodys aching all the time"....I dont have the cd with me right now, so I cant quote the exact time of it....

I'll take you to the Seven Seas of Rhye
Mr Coolest Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr Coolest Cat
Bohemian: 908 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 06:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh shut up you load of silly children.

There must be more to life than this.
Zizzu user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 48 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If u listen to Play T G instrumental version u can find an error at the end of the solo that is faded out in the definitive recording. Quite interesting

I gonna feel this world is using me!
PrincesofTheUniverse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 07:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is that the version on Karaoke hits?

"The greed of man will be, far away from me. And my soul will be free, they won't go when I go..."

=====================

Dunfermline, Scotland

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flamboyant Freddie wrote:

Oh shut up you load of silly children.

That's not a glitch. Sorry, you fail the reading comprehension test.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are many of things I've noticed as well...

BoRhap - there is one voice that lasts a bit too long on "monstrosity".

It's A Hard Life - there is a horrible click as Brian's guitar harmonies come in after the short piano interlude. Because Queen's music was so higly overdubbed, there are dozens upon dozens of instances of this throughout their catalogue. Many people might not be able to hear this, but trained ears certainly will, especially in headphones.

Sleeping On The Sidewalk - Roger misses the drum fill going out of the solo, and hits rims.

Rock It - Brian loses beat at the beginning of the guitar solo.

Man On The Prowl - there is a huge skip in the beat in the second verse. And the ending is the way it was supposed to sound. This is probably my least favourite Queen song.

And finally, Hot Space side 1. They forgot to include Roger's drum tracks, and mistakenly used the drum machine tracks from the demos.

:)

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Rock It - Brian loses beat at the beginning of the guitar solo".

- Come on! That's obviously intentional, the whole stuttering, unsteady, off-kilter feel that Brian gives the start of the solo.

It's one of the most different solos for Bri. Quite a departure for him.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've always been bothered by the last "Don't Do It" in Don't Try Suicide. The one right after "Yeah!". I kinda hoped it would be fixed/different on the 5.1 version.

You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
love of my life 14018 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 123 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

Yes, I know. Queen are perfect. There is no other band on the face of this earth that compares with John Deacon's undergarments

John Deacon wears UNDERGARMENTS?!!!?!?! Damn.

"Roger and I go poncing and ultrablagging just about everywhere and lately we've been termed a couple of queens."

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mrs.Badguy wrote:

there only human everybody makes mistakes you know !!!!

No shit. Fuck off until you can comprehend the initial post. It's clear that this wasn't a "ha ha, Queen make mistakes" thread - it was to show how human a band can be, underneath those "perfectionist" exteriors.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 01 Oct 04, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohardy wrote:

"Rock It - Brian loses beat at the beginning of the guitar solo".

- Come on! That's obviously intentional, the whole stuttering, unsteady, off-kilter feel that Brian gives the start of the solo.

It's one of the most different solos for Bri. Quite a departure for him.

I dunno man........ :) Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but every time I hear this lick I just think Brian could have done it a bit cleaner.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

joeyjojo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 396 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 04, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

that audible 'beep' about 11 seconds into drowse has always bugged me.

joeyjojo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 396 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 04, 01:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

that would be...uhh...as opposed to an inaudible beep?

Posted: 02 Oct 04, 02:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think I can also hear a "four" in the beginning of 'Bring Back That Leroy Brown', as in Roger or Freddie counting off the song - "1, 2, 3 *drum intro* four".

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 04, 02:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On the flash cd, at the start
till the end.

MY GOD spell it write.
The Real Wizard

Posted: 03 Oct 04, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

zizzu wrote:

If u listen to Play T G instrumental version u can find an error at the end of the solo that is faded out in the definitive recording. Quite interesting

I'm actually interested in hearing this as well... which version is this exactly?

LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 04, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ohh Willy :-)

Comprende muchacho.