Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > S c a n d a l !!!

forum rss feed
Author

daniboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 60 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Oct 04, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'v just watched the video clip "scandal" (for the 100000 time-my favourit) and on the last scene a man is holding a newspaper-and it is written "next scandal is coming soon". Do you think it was freddie's idea?? is it a black joke or something???

"How Can I Go On From Day To Day.... You Can Make Me Strong In Every Way..."

Posted: 07 Oct 04, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that its is one of the examples of freddie's mistirious.... i think it is connected to his coming death...

LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 04, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's a joke...Some look for something more in the scene...

Comprende muchacho.
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 04, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To be quite honest Barry, I always thought that the next scandal might have had something to do with Freddies ilness!

Chom own mudder fukker.
josue 14398 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 04, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't take things too seriously. It was just a joke.

I'm not a newbie at all... just add 1770 posts to my posting counter.

Joined on October 24th 2002 :)
FaN_MU user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 04, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

daniboy
Where do you live in Israel? :)

Posted: 08 Oct 04, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Used to live in Nahariya but now In Tel aviv. Why?

willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 04, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure this whole song is about AIDS!

It's so obvious, absolutely no doubt about that.
Same with Liar, that's also about AIDS. It's about Freddie lying 'bout the fact he had AIDS....

Posted: 08 Oct 04, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And you mr. FaN_MU???

Posted: 08 Oct 04, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im my opinion, Freddie, who was known for being a very big humoristic..... just invented a black joke.... on himself...

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 04, 01:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

willem-jan wrote:

I'm sure this whole song is about AIDS!

It's so obvious, absolutely no doubt about that.
Same with Liar, that's also about AIDS. It's about Freddie lying 'bout the fact he had AIDS....

Shut the fuck up.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Azmadlyflex user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 04, 04:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

woWoWO WO!! easy wid da silencing of one another!!
you know Queen lyrics is the most humane of all lyrics that has come out of the musical world... so it relates to most of us if not all of us, and when somthing tragic has happened to the creator we kinda think it must realate to the creator aswell!! before we drift rememba what I said about lyrics being humanely relating... when they write a song its more than just rythms its about their poetry, Queen music from Liar to scandal is based on true events of others that they have simplified in their geniuses to re-create on music,,
(I should know am a songwriter too)
its an act of God or modern hippy powers that those poetry eventually haunts reality... but apart from the last two albums being Inuendo and made in heaven it was all just songs they have created. non of them was a prophecy lol!!

"For all your information on copy-right protection, please go to Global Piracy Productions" - from my long awaited underground Album
LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 04, 07:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well it's about Brian and Anita isn't it?

Comprende muchacho.
BackToHuman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 122 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 04, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i don't think it was Freddie's idea. watching GVHII, listening to the commentaries, and watching the behind the scenes footage, i think it's quite clear that the whole band thought the video a stupid idea, and at certain points in the behind the scenes footage, i swear i can see a look on Freddie's face that just screams "God, I wish I could come up with something better for this bloody song". so, i don't think any of them were likely to contribute to this particular video much.

Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 04, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Fred was just in a bad shape that day... I take the song literally, it is just about the press invading private lives of celebrities.
One dull video for sure. And Fred had quite a bad make-up. Compared to the Breakthru video, he looked really ill.

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!
crowley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 80 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 04, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Scandal" was in 100% written by Brian May, so where the heck could been there the lyrics about Freddie`s AIDS? Also, someone said, that "Liar" is about AIDS - truly a nonsense! This song is from 1972 Freddie didn`t "come out" then with his sexuality and definitely it was too early even too think about the existence of such an illness as the global threat. "Made In Heaven" was compiled from stuff of 1980s and the only one song, which is about dying (not particulary about AIDS) is "Mother Love" written by Freddie and Brian. Please don`t try to connect _every_ song with Freddie`s ilness because in the future we will read that "Keep Yourself Alive" _also_ was about AIDS ... paranoic...

Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 04, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear crowley, since you are quite new to the forum (so am I), don't take these things too serious.. check out any of the posts here and you see that most of it is tongue in cheek. A running gag that all Queen songs are either about AIDS or homosexuality. Get used to it, there's no other way round.

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!

Posted: 09 Oct 04, 14:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i realy didnt want you all to be so mad about it..... it was just a thougt of mine.... we all know that in his last songs freddie did thougt about his coming death and that this line on the news paper was a black joke about it since he used to joking a lot about himself and about every thing.

FaN_MU user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 04, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

daniboy
I'm from Holon. It's realy nice to meet a Queen fan here in Israel. :)
Here's my icq number - 76050174

Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 488 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 04, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HeMaToSe_SuInA<font size=1><br>[aka HeM] wrote:

There are a plenty of fucking paranoics who think that every Freddie song is related with AIDS, gay lovers, homosexuality or Mary Austin. Just ignore them, or you'll just get furious with 'em.
Once somebody said here that We Are The Champions is a gay song, and the "key line" is "But commited no crime".

Grrrrrr at these paranoics...

I think that was me... and I stick by it, because it is. But it must be understood that Freddie did not write a song about gay prode called We Are The Champions, he wrote a song about overcoming life's obstacles and prevailing through ridicule. The underlying factor, the one thing that gives the song its "gay" signature is that Freddie's obstacles at the time was the acceptance of his sexuality. He wrote the song in very general form, but it was his personal turmoil that drove him to compose those words. If you'd like, I'll write a thesis paper on the subject. I was an A English student!

For those he think Queen songs are about AIDS, you're idiots! Why would they write songs about AIDS... it hardly affected them at the time. If a Queen song was about AIDS, it had to be in the Miracle, Innuendo or Made In Heaven album... Miracle has absolutely nothing, Innuendo...maybe I'm Going Slightly Mad or Ride The Wild Wind, Made In Heaven...maybe Mother Love. Those are the only AIDS related songs I can think of, if they are in that case... and they most probably aren't or might contain a few refernces to the disease at most.
Freddie was a very private guy... he knew that if he wrote a song that even related to aids somehow... the papers would be all over it. He may have even vetoed a few queen songs out for that reason too.

Queen were a clever band in that they never gave too much away...