Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > "On Fire At The Bowl" in german cinemas !

forum rss feed
Author

Regor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 364 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 04, 03:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For all german Queen-Fans: (found on roger-taylor.net)

German cinema-chain UCI is going to show "On Fire At The Bowl" in several cinemas around the country. Take a look at http://www.uci-kinowelt.de/news03/top_events.php?id=1006 for further details, see the german and english text below:

German:

Unglaublich aber wahr, eine unveröffentlichte Live-Perle von QUEEN: "Queen On Fire Live At The Bowl", das 1982er-Mega-Event der Hot Space-Tour vor über 40.000 Zuschauern in der ausverkauften Milton Keanes Bowl, kommt ins Kino!

Das Konzert gab es weder auf CD, VHS, CD-I oder ähnlichem Bild- oder Audio-Tonträger, noch in ganzer Länge im TV.

Jetzt wird, pünktlich zum Mega-QUEEN-Jahr und zur Deutschland-Premiere des offiziellen QUEEN-Musicals, dieses bild- und soundgewaltige Spektakel, für das die Band ihre eigene Light-Show-Maschinerie kreieren ließ, endlich und natürlich erstmalig auf der großen Kinoleinwand zu sehen sein!

Das Screening des Konzerts findet am 20. Oktober um 20.00 Uhr statt.
Der Eintrittspreis beträgt 5,- EUR.

Wer QUEEN jemals live erleben durfte oder zumindest alle Live-Platten konsumiert hat, weiß, dass kein Konzert wie das andere war. Das Einzige, was wohl allen gemein ist, ist eine Wahnsinns-Show mit Licht- und Sound-Gewitter und Entertainment-Gott FREDDIE MERCURY, mal am Klavier, mal als tanzender, rockender, überirdischer Derwisch.

Auf dass das Adrenalin kocht!

I tried to translate it into English:

Unbelievable, but true, an unreleased Queen Live-treasure "Queen On Fire Live At The Bowl", the 1982 Mega-Event of the Hot Space Tour in front of more than 40.000 people at the sold-out Milton Keynes Bowl now in cinema !

The concert has never before been available in any format or been shown in its entirety on TV.

Now, in time for the Mega-Queen-year and the german premiere of the official Queen-Musical, this spectacle in sound and vision, with the bands own Light-show machinery, can finally be experienced on the big screen !

The screening of the concert will take place on October 20th, 8 o'clock PM.
Tickets will cost 5 €.

Who was lucky enough to experience Queen live or has at least consumed all their live-records, knows that no concert was the same. The only thing they had in common was a fabulous show with thunderous light and sound and entertainment-god Freddie Mercury, either on the piano, or as a dancing, rocking, supernatural dervish.

Let the Adrelanin rush !

Guten Tag und Guten Abend !!! We had a great time in Cologne. Drinking beer in the sunshine beside the Mighty Rhein brought back many memories for me..... (Brian May, 2004)
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 04, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Who was lucky enough to experience Queen live or has at least consumed all their live-records, knows that no concert was the same."

...except for the Magic Tour...

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18625 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 04, 12:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

"Who was lucky enough to experience Queen live or has at least consumed all their live-records, knows that no concert was the same."

...except for the Magic Tour...

lol... yeah

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
juls user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 04, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks regor for this information!

leider mal wieder nicht in der Nähe :)

Special thanks to Arif Mardin who arranged and produced some hot and spacey horns on "Staying Power" ;-)
Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 04, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well I went to Wembley (Both Nights), Cologne & Knebworth and I can assure you each show was different and special!

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
Farlander user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 662 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 04, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You went to Wembley BOTH nights? Wow...

Which night did you like better?

sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 04, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

will anyone of watch the movie in berlin????????

Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 04, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes I did farlander couldn't see the point in travelling down all that way just for the one night so made a weekend of it. Wembley was pretty awful as a Stadium tho dated and too much concrete but once Queen came on it didn't matter!

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
Mcm user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 04, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You lucky bastards. lol penetration guru.

Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 04, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am certainly going to watch the concert in Bochum =)

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18625 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 04, 00:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rich Tea wrote:

well I went to Wembley (Both Nights), Cologne & Knebworth and I can assure you each show was different and special!

We're talking in terms of bootlegs. There's no doubt the atmosphere at each show was very unique!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 14 Oct 04, 03:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rich Tea wrote:

Rich Tea, you went to cologne ? Holy sh**, it's my hometown ! And I will never get over the fact that I was given my first Queen-Tape by a friend just about a month or two after the cologne-concert !!! Lately I read that Janos Zsombolyiai (or whatever he is called) rehearsed for the Budapest show in cologne, so there might be even film-material out there ! (I asked Greg to confirm, but no answer yet)Tell me about the show. It was Brians Birthday, wasnt it ? Do you have photographs ?

Guten Tag und Guten Abend !!! We had a great time in Cologne. Drinking beer in the sunshine beside the Mighty Rhein brought back many memories for me..... (Brian May, 2004)

Posted: 14 Oct 04, 03:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And by the way - is anyone of you going to watch it in Huerth ?

Posted: 14 Oct 04, 03:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

juls wrote:

thanks regor for this information!

leider mal wieder nicht in der Nähe :)

No Prob - Hope they will be sold out !

Kein UCI in der Nähe ? Schade ! Aber die DVD kommt ja ein paar Tage danach ! :)

ready to reload
sexmachine

Posted: 14 Oct 04, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i was in cologne too,it was brians 39th birthday and he played a piece of ´39.another suprise was that he joined marillion on their last tune"let´s twist again"on that day and i remeber everyone was screaming when he came on stage and you could hear the roaring red special.

Posted: 14 Oct 04, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You lucky Bastards ! :-)

Any photos ? Does anyone have the bootleg ?

ready to reload
sexmachine

Posted: 14 Oct 04, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have two different recordings from that show and that marillion/may stuff too.
quality is not so good.if you want it please send a mail to
thorsten@kaleidoscope-showcase.de