Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Has Queen ever played in Royal Albert Hall?

forum rss feed
Author

marko87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 56 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Oct 04, 04:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I tried with google but only thing i found was Queen Victoria and stuff.So did Queen ever play in RAH?

gabriel79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 04, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i know brian pplayed in 98 tour

jeff payne 1680 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 711 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 04, 09:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nope Brian has twice on his solo tours 94 and 98 and a few times as a guest, Both Brian and John played at the Princes trust concert in 87 I think. But Queen as a group nope.

jeffpayne56@msn.com
Shadysenator RHYE user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 04, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen wanted toplay the Albert HAll in 1982 , but they had to cancel it because the Rig was way to heavy and people were affraid that the roof might colapse!! Source Greg Brooks QUeen Live book

hi kya
Chaka user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 04, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

at least half of them did, as Smile played there in 1969

Brimon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 571 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 04, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen never played the Royal Albert Hall but Smile did. I took this piece from Queenfans.com.

By hook or by crook," continued May, "we got this gig at the Royal Albert Hall, which was at the bottom of the bill. We actually got our first review, which was in "The Times', and said something like, 'the loudest group in the western world has unplugged and left the stage'. But it didn't say who it was."
The gig May described was a benefit concert for the National Council for the Unmarried Mother and Her Child on 27th February, 1969 - back in the days when bearing illegitimate children wasn't yet considered a crime against the state. Smile weren't quite bottom of the bill - they played ahead of Free, then only recently formed - but if there was any truth in the "Times' report, it was that the band was certainly loud. http://www.queenfans.com/

Sorry Chaka, I had'nt realised you'd already posted that.