Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Cologne '86

forum rss feed
Author

Regor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 364 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 04, 04:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I read on Queenconcerts.com (http://www.queenconcerts.com/index.php?action=videos&what=queen) that the concert at Muengersdorfer Stadium was filmed as a "rehearsal" for Budapest - does anyone have any details ? I'd love to see that footage (if it exists) because I am from cologne. There seems to be so much more footage in the vaults, apart from the "famous" ones (Earls Court, Hyde Park, Rainbow) - they have to do a new Rare Live ! Of course not as crappy as the first attempt... ;-)

Guten Tag und Guten Abend !!! We had a great time in Cologne. Drinking beer in the sunshine beside the Mighty Rhein brought back many memories for me..... (Brian May, 2004)
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 04, 05:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe the fan who provided the information will answer this himself. This is what he told us:

Indeed Cologne was filmed by the Hungarian crew who did Budapest as a test with one or two cameras. Unfortunately, the material was deleted. I think the tape was re-used because the footage was not considered useful being only a test.

I do not want any google ads here.

Magik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 40 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 04, 06:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Maybe

Maybe it is deep and wide :P ;-)

Regor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 364 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 04, 07:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, YourValentine. That is indeed a great pity - celluloid must have been very short in hungary in the days of the eastern bloc... ;-)

Didn't DoRo cover at least bits of every show in 1986 ?

Guten Tag und Guten Abend !!! We had a great time in Cologne. Drinking beer in the sunshine beside the Mighty Rhein brought back many memories for me..... (Brian May, 2004)