Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > YOU ALL LOVE ME REALLY - I KNOW YOU'RE JUST PLAYING WITH ME!

forum rss feed
Author

GB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello QZ people. It's me again. I haven't commented on this site for AGES and now i've done so umpteen times in a few days - for what that's worth. Anyway... can I have clarification please? And I have some thoughts for you...

ONE. Barbara YV... the beloved QZ person whom you've all rushed so tenderly to support, console, generally cheer up and smother with gratuitously flattering and lovely – not to mention moving - comments of support, during this recent tumultuous period; could someone tell me her surname please - if this doesn't contravene the all important anonymity thing?

I would like to know because I apparently spoke to her in Vlaardingen last weekend, but I can’t remember it. I can only recall one Barbara, that being the one of the infamous Byng variety. Is it THAT Barbara we’re talking about? I somehow think it isn’t.

On a serious note, and regarding YV (whoever that is), Barbara... I picked you out at random the other evening in order to have a pop at what I guessed might be a ‘typical’ QZ-er, and attempt to get a few backs up in precisely the same way as numerous QZ-ers try to get my back up. It was nothing personal – as I had not the remotest clue who you were. And boy, did I get some backs up. Many people jumped all over it with genuine support for you (you popular lady, you) while others took the opportunity to build bridges and generally sicken me (and others) with some inexcusable tongue activity of the anal kind... Mr Stuart you ought to be ashamed. I was genuinely puke-induced, and to my astonishment some of his closet cohorts and chums lapped it all up. It was the lickers leading the licked!

My genuine and honest reaction to all that followed my ‘attack’ (as some of you called it), and I still think this, is that a lot of you QZ-ers can dish it out easily and readily enough, but you HATE it coming back at you. My random pop at YV proved absolutely how hypocritical some of you are. It also proved you have no sense of humour and that you can’t see an 18 carat wind-up when it smacks you in the teeth.

What did we talk about in Holland, Barbara? Did you think I was a complete tosser, then? Did you get the impression that I thought you were one? I ask because I seriously have no recollection (until you prompt my poor memory) Are you having a bit of a ‘moment’ with me because I said your comments were inane? If that’s the case, remember I was on a wind-up. I hope you have a more evolved sense of humour than some of the weardies on this site – that wouldn’t be hard. Go on, have a little laugh with me now about it. Don’t be taking it all too heart. I am a kindly chap meaning no offence.

TWO. What’s the BACK CHAT issue which I couldn’t be bothered to reply to... apparently??? I can’t face sitting here reading ALL of that stuff, but cut to the point and I’ll do my best.

THREE. I read on this site the exact same points OVER and OVER and OVER again, even though someone has offered conclusive evidence for the definitive answer. Yet still the same question comes again. I see also that this aggravates many of you – and I sympathise.

Is this the real GREG BROOKS? God almighty! 15 times at least. Even though it was concluded that it WAS, and there was even proof offered. You guys do not even believe what you say and tell each other, so what chance has an outsider got?

Do you guys get annoyed when people ask the same questions, long after the answer has come and gone??? I can relate to this. It is unbelievably boring and tedious, right?

FOUR. I think arse licking, grovelling, sycophantic “love me please, I’m nice once you get to know me” bridge-builders, should be slowly but very surely OUTED from your site. Does anyone else find such people skin-crawlingly unpleasant, and agree with me?

FIVE. Do my comments about your dear chum YV mean that some of you won’t talk to me any more, will call me bad names, want to see my broken like a biscuit, or ask me questions about what John Deacon

Greg Brooks (Queen Archivist)
Robin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Robin
Bohemian: 741 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’m going back to listen to them now, while a good few of you lot no doubt sit and write your little notes about this thread – unless you sulk now and deliberately don’t write anything, in protest.

I’ll monitor the odd thing on this site, when I get a chance.

Thanks

GB
Hmmm, so damned if we do, damned if we don't kinda thing. Whatever. You're not worth the effort.

Robin

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hmmm... Official Queen archivist with a "poor memory" not the greatest of combinations.

S@turn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 621 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

8th

Personal things belong in the personal section

9th

Personal attacks are so low and not worth to have a long life at this board

10th

Better dig in the things that you have to do then bothering us with some more unnecessary info that no one takes serious

Another fantastic posting of a wonderful person!

=================

all we need is internet-blog-blog, internet bla-bla

http://saturn.queenzone.com/

===

Let's make ourself better then we were befo
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's unfortunate that you choose to act this way and be so antagonistic to the majority of QZ users. Your anger is misplaced and your attitude shows a general naivety about the internet.

Somehow, you've seized upon a perceived jealousy that your position and access to Queen stuff causes most people here. This inflated self importance you show is boring. Take away the fact that you are associated with Queen Productions, and you are no better than a common internet troll. A shame, really. You could have added much to the dialogue among Queen fans and made listening to Queen fun again, but you've gone the other way and become spiteful.

I’ll monitor the odd thing on this site, when I get a chance.

Translation - I'll wind you all up, act like it's really unimportant to me, and watch you go. Is this how you feel important: winding up people you'll never see face to face?

DJ's the man we love the most
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bingo Zeni.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

S@turn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 621 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I’ll monitor the odd thing on this site, when I get a chance.

Translation - I'll wind you all up, act like it's really unimportant to me, and watch you go. Is this how you feel important: winding up people you'll never see face to face?"

Right Zeni,
and let's now turn back to something that is more impressing then useless backstabbing of an old and definitely frustred man
:)

Another fantastic posting of a wonderful person!

=================

all we need is internet-blog-blog, internet bla-bla

http://saturn.queenzone.com/

===

Let's make ourself better then we were befo
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, what do you all think of celery?

Fabulous vegetable. Even better with peanut butter! Yum.

AC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1838 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good old British humour! Just a wind-up, ha ha!

Well, dear GB, replying to your wind up in that thread I called you a "complete idiot", "sad and childish person" and "really laughable". After reaidng that it was just a windup, I can only say one thing... I was right. Fucking right.

But don't worry, I will not ask you if Hangman studio version exist. Now we know the truth (not thanks to you of course).

PS: Zeni is right, as usual.

That time will come, one day you'll see that i'll be dead and you will laugh!
Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and also better sticking out of someone's asshole.........

Don't get in a lather Greg, it's only an 18 carat wind up.......

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tell you what Greg, You deliver a copy of EVERY concert you have access to, and even those that you know about to me, and I will not only give you her surname, but address, phone number, dress size you name it.. its yours.. but FIRST, I want the shows... Balls in YOUR court Buddy...

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey GB,

I've been following with amusement the postings of the last few days so if you don't mind I've decided to take this opportunity to respond to your points.

1) You may have chosen YV to attack at random. I do not know for sure. I doubt that you did but I can't say for certain. It seems quite a coincidence that you picked her of all people but stranger things have happened.

2) Most of the "Back Chat" comments were directing you toward a thread which if you had chosen you could have gone to and commented.

3) It's been proven that you are Greg Brooks and yes most of us do get tired of going over the same ground all the time

4) There are butt lickers here, there and everywhere

5) I personally do not know Your Valentine but I do feel the unprovoked attack on her was not warranted. That said it would not prevent me from "talking" to you if you had anything worthwhile to say. We would all likely listen if you had anything of use to tell us.

6)How lucky of you to be listening to some nice rarities. You are in an enviable position which it appears you are happy to flaunt!!

Thanks for coming out Greg, I really hope you stick around and answer some of the Zoners questions because we are all true fans. The present and future consumers. Most of us have spent a lot of cash on one of our favorite bands.
Bye for now until you get a chance.

Rob

Shake it Sugaree
LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pro-YourValentine

Comprende muchacho.
dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I could never love anyone who types in caps - it's a wonder I even looked at this thread.
I'm with Zeni and all the rest. You aren't doing yourself any favours by randomly picking someone to attack for no particular reason. That's exactly what some of the more infamous ex-QZers did.

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

So, what do you all think of celery?

Fabulous vegetable. Even better with peanut butter! Yum.

Why yes, Lester, I do believe I like celery too!

C'mon guys, what're your thoughts on celery! Delicious, tasty, crunchy, healthy celery! Mmmmmmmmm! Celery! Boy howdy, i could just sing the praises of this green vegetable all day long with nary a care in my head.

jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Celery and peanut butter!! That brings back memories!! I love celery stalk in a nice ceasar!!

Shake it Sugaree

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Isn't is just delicious? Yum. I could certainly go for celery right now.

Who's with me?

Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mmmmm I love celery and peanut butter...I had some just today!!

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Going to the kitchen*

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Posted: 21 Oct 04, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahh, that's the spirit.

What's everyone having for dinner tonight? The maternal unit (my mother) is cooking chicken patties with mozzerella and angel hair pasta. Delish!

Go on, everyone, post what you're having for dinner!