Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Houston 1977 12-11 on video

forum rss feed
Author

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Oct 04, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there a complete version of this concert, if so, does anybody has it? Or does anybody know where I can find it? I'm looking for it quite a long time now...
This should be a DVD release, in my opinion :-)

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

akan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 04, 07:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the complete version exists, but it won't be never realised as 'official' because they have problem with the freddie's piano microphone

Jannemann user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 04, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That´s probably the reason why "My melancholy blues" is the only track from this show that has been officially released on CD (B-side of the Miracle single).

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 04, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Andrew, I think you have this wrong.

The mic. problems are "said" to exist on the tapes from Earls Court - AFAIK, there's nothing wrong with the Houston tapes.

The Earls Court problems appear to simply be an excuse for just not putting it out to market - all of a sudden, one day, we'llget a full release of that show and there won't be anything wrong with Freddie's mic.

Benn
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 04, 00:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andrew wrote:

the complete version exists, but it won't be never realised as 'official' because they have problem with the freddie's piano microphone

That's just one giant lie that has been told for years. But even if it were true, let's not forget about multi-tracking technology.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 04, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it's Dec 11 that's my B-Day! Release it! :P

Shake it Sugaree
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...and melancholy, is played at the piano - and the vid clip i've seen of that appears fine

go deo na h√Čireann
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That footage is very dark. I can't believe it was officially released, even in 1989.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
P-Tr extinction event user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 492 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 04, 04:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

there is nothing wrong with the sound throughout the whole gig- sounds as good as Melancholy Blues (unremastered) on the b-side of Miracle. When he was asked, Jim obviously mixed it up with the Earls Court gig, which truly has some mic problems in the beginning. The picture would be too dark? I am not sure - thats an indoor gig shot with video cameras in 1977...not perfect, but still looks ok to me.

SilverShoes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 128 posts

Posted: 03 Nov 04, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miklos wrote:

there is nothing wrong with the sound throughout the whole gig- sounds as good as Melancholy Blues (unremastered) on the b-side of Miracle. When he was asked, Jim obviously mixed it up with the Earls Court gig, which truly has some mic problems in the beginning. The picture would be too dark? I am not sure - thats an indoor gig shot with video cameras in 1977...not perfect, but still looks ok to me.

Yeah, I was watching Earls Court the other day. Freddie's voice drops out a couple times in the middle of songs, so I'd say there was definitely something wrong with his mic.

As for the image possibly being too dark, watch the Earls Court footage that's on the Led Zeppelin DVD. That's from 75, so I would guess they can easily fix anything visual problems that exist on the masters of a show that was filmed at the same venue, two years later.

"Compromise? That word is not in our vocabulary"-Roger Taylor, quoting Freddie Mercury