Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Knebworth and other live recordings

forum rss feed
Author

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Oct 04, 18:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Knebworth 1986 is about my favorite gig close in with Mannhiem, maybe not for sound( great sound) but for the feeling of the show my favorite versions of AOBTD and Radio Ga Ga, imo a must have
Newcastle 79 is a nice show, depends if you like that era
www.Queenconcerts.com to see reviews of those shows, most bootlgs are the same, and it's not worth it to pay more then 5 USD for a show really.

MY GOD spell it write.
Brimon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 571 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 04, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The second concert at Newcastle, 4 December 79, is the better recording of the two nights.
Why not try joining the hub.:)

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 04, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

don't buy those concerts! Knebworth was available here at QZ several months ago. I'm sure someone will reseed it.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 04, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lucy_inthe_Sky wrote:

Live at Knebworth 1986

There are several sources of this show. The first audience source is about excellent quality, although a bit distant. The second source is from the video. It's from closer to the stage, but it's not as clear sound. There's also a third source, but it's not great quality. Personally, I combined the best audience source with the available soundboard sources to create a "best of K86" mix.

Live in Manchester 1975

If you can track down the first generation recording, it's superb quality for its age. This is a must-have.

Live in Newcastle on the Crazy Tour 1979

Vocally, this is Freddie's greatest live performance caught on tape, so far. Incredible versions of Somebody To Love, Liar, and BoRhap. Essential as well.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 04, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...and manchester 75 is supposed to be a better performance than hammy 75 - not better sound, but better show - as there were no cameras the band were less twitchy

go deo na h√Čireann
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 04, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<marquee><font color = green>Brenski wrote:

...and manchester 75 is supposed to be a better performance than hammy 75 - not better sound, but better show - as there were no cameras the band were less twitchy

Oh yes, absolutely... they didn't miss a note! All of Queen's performances from this period were probably just as good.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 02:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the shows from Japan yes, and the crowd was more quiet, thus letting us hear the music better
still hate the clapping..
Simply stumps me how LZ can have such great bootlegs dating from late 60's and early 70's that is better sounding then allmost all Queen bootlegs
I do remeber we had this disccusion sometime ago here on QZ about how other band bootlegs sound compared to Queen
we got gyped ^^

MY GOD spell it write.
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i've also got a glasgow 77 boot that's brilliant - the sound and performance were top dog

go deo na h√Čireann