Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Strange 'Shove It' sleeve's line

forum rss feed
Author

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 04, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the 'Shove It' sleeve at 'Thanks To' section you can read the following: <names, names>, Spike Edney, <names, names>. Quite strange for me... If Spike is a member of The Cross what for The Cross thanked him apart (Imagine Queen's sleeve with something like this: "And our deepest thanks to Mr John R. Deacon")? I don't remember exactly but on one of Queen or Solo albums' sleeves was error with 'thanks to' - someone's name was twice there, though it could be the print error, but in this Spike's case I can't see the reason why it's happened.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 04, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it very well may be because the entire Shove It album was recorded with only Roger and Spike, but The Cross was assembled as a touring band to take out. So perhaps Spike was helping Roger out with some of the songs on the album, so not only did he receive a credit on the album, but he also got a thanks, as well.

Posted: 30 Oct 04, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, probably. But anyway it's unusualy a little bit.

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not at all, because Freddie, Brian and John couldn't be stated in sleeve at the other way because of their contracts.

By the way thanks to Erdal Kizilkay is on 'Made In Heaven' too!

Posted: 02 Nov 04, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Strange reaction to my words... Well, do you think Jill O'Donovan and Susie O'List were in the band? Were they part of band or not??? I say about member of group whose name stated in "thanks to"!

Have you ever heard about 'Heaven For Everyone' story? Isn't Freddie sings BV for 'Killing Time', but where on the 'Strange Frontier' is his name except 'Thanks To'?

Your reply is logic, but where is logic in fact that there is no Queen's single with cat.number CDQUEEN13? 13 - is unlucky, that's okay, but is it logic reason? How can sleeve contains photos of The Cross' members (with Spike's photo too) and on other side 'thanks to' came from the times when there was no-one except Rog and Spike? Strange enough.

I said about 'Made In Heaven' 'thanks to' as BY THE WAY - it doesn't connects with 'Shove It'. And don't be so nervous - English is not my native language and I just asked question if someone know the answer.

Posted: 03 Nov 04, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, Philipp. No offences and sorry for my bad English (that's why I sometime can't say exactly what I want)!