Well, I got a new job about 4 weeks ago!
I'm working for a European company called Eurest, at the Edmonton Soccer Centre South concession stand!
And I must say, I'm REALLY enjoying it miles better than McDonald's! I get more money ($7/h plus small tips!), and I get more freedoms and respect!
While it's too soon to say what I'm going to be doing with my money entirely, and whether I will be able to meet all my goals, but what I plan to save up for is:
1) To get a new computer that has many advanced hardware (eg. two 300GB hard drives, USB 2.0, FireWire, Blu Ray/DVD+-RW burner, AMD Anthlon 3400+ CPU Processor & Motherboard, Video Capture card (brand not decided yet - needs more researching!), 3GB RAM, and much more) to make it last at least 3-5 years. My current one was built in Jan. 2003, and is behind technologically. It currently has a 40GB hard drive, WinXP, AMD Anthlon 1700+ CPU Motherboard, USB 1.1, Sony Dual Format DVD R/W - CD-R/W burner, Radeon 9000 MPEG-2 video card, 256MB RAM.
What obviously makes it behind is:
1) USB 1.1 (need 2.0!)
2) 8x -R/4x-RW DVD burner (I want to get that first Blu Ray burner coming out in Jan. 2005 - it burns 16x +R/8x -R/2.4x DL (both - and +), and 2x BD-R - sadly though, this one lacks CD burning technology capability, but can still read CD's; future BD-R drives should be able to burn CD-R's)
3) CPU Processor (for video capturing, I need more CPU processing power!)
4) The video card. I want to get a HDTV-compatible video card, partly because Blu Ray discs are HDTV-based, and require a lot of video card power and compatibility, for the new MPEG-TS technology
5) Lack of FireWire ports!
6) Hard drive - most new PCs are sold with 160GB drives these days (mine was pretty good back in '03 with its 40GB drive, though then they were marketing PCs with 80GB drives)
So that's that about the computer!
2) My trip to Quebec, Canada. In June, I will be joining my music concert band class in going to Montreal, Quebec, for a music tour trip -slash- school exchange. We don't know at this point if our gov't will fund our flights to Quebec or not for sure, but we cannot stay in hotels, because 1) the organizer's guide my teacher got says we HAVE to billet with the families of the students from the school we are doing the exchange with for the one week (though I'm going to try and see if my dad's cousin lives in Montreal, because if that's the case, I may not have to stay with someone else's family!)
That's the 2nd most important thing I HAVE to save for, as it's worth tons of school marks and units! (Though my dad and stepmom are trying to discourage me from going on the trip - I say "fuck them, I'm 18 and I can do whatever I want, even if I still live with my dad!")
3) If I can save enough, I want to try and make a trip to London, England, to spend 4-5 days, to go see the WWRY Musical, and hopefully meet up with some fellow QueenZoners too!
Not saying this'll be for sure, but it's a wish of mine to travel internationally!
Anyways, I gotta go now! Have a good rest of the weekend you guys!
And Happy Halloween!