Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Any Queen fans here like NO DOUBT/Gwen Stefani?

forum rss feed
Author

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 04, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Doubt is an awesome band! and Gwen Stefani is so hot!

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 04, 21:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure thing. Hell yeh! Why not. Booyah!

Peace,
Adam.

jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 04, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

No Doubt is an awesome band! and Gwen Stefani is so hot!

I couldn't agree more!

Shake it Sugaree
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 02:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Alli James is a huge fan

MY GOD spell it write.
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 09:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Theyre shit.

Chom own mudder fukker.

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gwen Stefani is a very special artist/entertainer. She is one of the few artists that can combine music, fashion, style, and fun in one package. You'll be surprised at how visually oriented they are, much like the late great Queen tried to be but No Doubt is more successful at this because Gwen Stefani is a genuine super gorgeous and super-charming rock-goddess. She's shines like the sun beaming 1,000 gigawatts of female charisma energy and attitude.

What I'm insinuating here is that Gwen Stefani & No Doubt are a better Queen than Queen ever was.

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the big picture of big pictures, of course Queen is more accomplished and successful band than No Doubt.

I think Queen was largely an androgenous band playing off Freddie's bi-sexuality. Whether you like to admit it or not, Queen always tried to have strong female vibes in their music and presentation. There always seemed to be an unsaid story behind the story, and one wasn't sure they wanted to know that story. But they ultimately come off as er she-males (a LOUD YUCK!) and that's the part of Queen that always bugged me.

Gwen Stefani is 100% female, and she's gorgeous.
She radiates female charm and energy, and in that sense, she is the REAL QUEEN. She's mesmerizing and fantastic.

Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 10:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I quite like them, Dont Speak, Hey Baby , and Sunday Morning are the only tracks i have heard at the moment. Considering buying one of their albums or maybe a greatest hits, any recommendations ppl? :)

Didnt know about them playing Queen, bet that sounded interesting :)

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Amanda :)

Just bought it online :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000Y2XLA/qid=1099238197/ref=pd_ka_0/202-1216068-1639862

Reviews couldnt be better 5 out of 5 ;-)

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miss James, I was only joking, I was just seeing what sort of reply Id get from you!! Theyre ok, I like 'Im just a Girl' and 'Its my Life' good songs, they arent one of my faves but I can listen to them.

And Gwen is a sexy woman!

Chom own mudder fukker.

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 11:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[quote]
First of all, they did not try to put strong female vibes in, that's what you read into it!

Queen wrote songs, and they did it in their own distinguished style, that's it. There's no she-male, no 'female vibes', although there is a hint at homosexuality, but that has NOTHING to do with female.

That's just bullshit. I don't care if she's 100% female and gorgeous and all; that's not saying anything about her music (which sucks), and we're taling music and not appearance here. And if we were, Freddie outclassed her by far. He wasn't a woman and didn't pretend to be one. He was Freddie in a typical Freddie style. That style made Queen, not some 'female charm and energy'.
[/quote]

Freddie sang like a woman. He even dressed as a woman in their videos and in concert. How can you say there's no "female" energy in Queen? Unwittingly, you are dissing Freddie since he did everything he could to give female energy and essence into Queen. You sir, are in complete denial when you foolishly deny theres female energy in Queen.

It's taken me a few years to realize this but Queen's legacy is becoming more and more tainted because the story of queen is pathetic.

No Doubt's music does not suck. It has a different beat because the band's musical root is Ska.

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Get the Videos 1992-2003 DVD.

The 16 videos and behind the scenes vignettes are awesome.

My favorite video is Simple kind of life - it's hilarious.

bleeding heart show user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 404 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What you waitin'for ? is a very cool song and if the rest of her solo work is like that song than i'm sure she'll succed as a solo artist, the band is also good and i have thier singles collection CD and i really enjoy it BUT and a big BUT here..

they are nothing like Queen, and for gods sake you're in a Queen forum do you really expect us to say that ND/Gwen are better than them !? and about this female vide or whatever that you talk about that you claim is in Queens songs....you should take a listen to all the songs that were in the 70's particularly the camp rock bands or solo artists..David Bowie, T-rex....etc it was the trend BACK THEN. and Queen were a heavier band than ND/Gwen will ever be.

and if you wanna praise Gwens look and feminine side here and say that she is 100% stunning then I suggest taking a good hard look at her chest and you will be surprised that she isn't a "100%" full of it !!

that's enough about me, now, what do you think of me ?
Dennis ™ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 183 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Offcourse the leadsinger is sexy, the girl looks hot.
But the music sucks

Ever since I was a young boy,

I've played the silver ball.

From SoHo down to Brighton,

I must have played them all.

That deaf, dumb and blind kid,

sure plays a mean pinball
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love No Doubt, but I have to say that the new Gwen Stefani song 'What You Waiting For' is really bad. I don't seriously expect much from her studio album, but then you can't say anything until you listen to it. So we'll wait until Nov 23rd and then we'll see.

I just recently got the No Doubt 'B-Sides and Rarities Collection'. I still wonder why so many of these songs were left out of the studio albums. The song 'Everything In Time' could have easily become one of No Doubt's greatest hits.

One thing that I find that Queen and No Doubt have in common is that both bands are way too centered around their lead vocalists. Almost as much as many consider them the only ones worth paying attention to. Meanwhile, both bands have other memebers who put a huge amount of input into the recording process of their albums, but they are still very underated.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mala-Kot wrote:

and if you wanna praise Gwens look and feminine side here and say that she is 100% stunning then I suggest taking a good hard look at her chest and you will be surprised that she isn't a "100%" full of it !!

Since you're a breast guy, you should like this picture then:

http://queenzone.com/queenzone/mp3.aspx?Q=4882

LOL

Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

In the big picture of big pictures, of course Queen is more accomplished and successful band than No Doubt.

I think Queen was largely an androgenous band playing off Freddie's bi-sexuality. Whether you like to admit it or not, Queen always tried to have strong female vibes in their music and presentation. There always seemed to be an unsaid story behind the story, and one wasn't sure they wanted to know that story. But they ultimately come off as er she-males (a LOUD YUCK!) and that's the part of Queen that always bugged me.

She radiates female charm and energy, and in that sense, she is the REAL QUEEN. She's mesmerizing and fantastic.

Um, that is, without question, the biggest load of bullshit and probably the most insulting thing I've ever read on this forum. First off, No Doubt is a good band, but NOT half as good as Queen. Second, Freddie was not bisexual, third Queen did not "play off" it.

They don't come off as she-males because they were men. Freddie did dress quite femme in the 70's but that's because it was trendy and cool at the time. And this 'loud yuck' you say gets my blood boiling because not only am I a queer activist, I am transgendered female-to-male. I'm very proud - but that's not to say I rub it in.

Queen is an influential band and they did a lot of ground-breaking things in the 30 years they were together. Tell me, what did No Doubt do that could be compared to anything Queen did?

In closing, I ask that you watch what you say because you've probably offended just about every die-hard fan here and have pissed off anyone involved in the GLBT community. Keep any negative thoughts and opinions to yourself. There's enough of that garbage out in the real world - I'd rather not see it here.

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Doubt are one of the few bands today that still impress me. I remember sitting down to watch a documentary where they showed their recording process (Rock Steady) and hanging out together, and it was great.

If you don't like ND/Gwen Stefani, don't insult them for the sake of insulting them. It's like the argument on here about when the WWRY Pepsi thing came out. People on the forum saying that Beyonce wasn't talented really stood out.

Peace,
Adam.

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zander05 wrote:

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Um, that is, without question, the biggest load of bullshit and probably the most insulting thing I've ever read on this forum. First off, No Doubt is a good band, but NOT half as good as Queen. Second, Freddie was not bisexual, third Queen did not "play off" it.

They don't come off as she-males because they were men. Freddie did dress quite femme in the 70's but that's because it was trendy and cool at the time. And this 'loud yuck' you say gets my blood boiling because not only am I a queer activist, I am transgendered female-to-male. I'm very proud - but that's not to say I rub it in.

Queen is an influential band and they did a lot of ground-breaking things in the 30 years they were together. Tell me, what did No Doubt do that could be compared to anything Queen did?

In closing, I ask that you watch what you say because you've probably offended just about every die-hard fan here and have pissed off anyone involved in the GLBT community. Keep any negative thoughts and opinions to yourself. There's enough of that garbage out in the real world - I'd rather not see it here.

I'm sorry that I've offended you. I'm not against homosexuals or the gay lifestyle. I respect everyone's lifestyle as long as it's not harming anyone else.

I was trying to say that Gwen Stefani and No Doubt remind me a lot of Queen which I love as a band, and I can see striking similiarities between the two. They both have hugely charismatic lead-persons, and although people have denied it, I think Gwen and Freddie are almost like cross-gendered spiritual glamour twins, and their impact on the band reflects their similiar tastes and style. Freddie was incredibly feminine for a man, and he definitely set the tone for the band. I think the way Gwen struts and moves onstage is increasingly mercury-esque. She's very good. Maybe I'm crazy but that's what I see. I think Freddie would appreciate No Doubt if he were alive.

Gwen's latest song strikes another familiar Queen theme: Japan. Like Freddie, Gwen loves to shop in Japan, and has created a song about Japan.

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 04, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Doubt get "Dan's Seal Of Approval". A hard feat indeed. ;)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel