Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > What concerts will NOT be featured on the 100 bootlegs

forum rss feed
Author

Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 04, 01:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just wondering, with an eye towards possible future Queen Productions releases, which concerts will they definitely not be releasing? I imagine, after Brian's comment on his soapbox about possibly looking into a future release of a certain Christmas concert ('75 or '79?), that neither of them will be included, even though they are certainly heavily bootlegged and definitely merit a place in the Top 100.
Also, Earl's Court is obviously a top 5 bootleg, but with all the debate about a possible future release of the concert on DVD, QP would never allow that concert to appear for download.
Any ideas of which other concerts would never be on the list of Top 100? Knebworth '86 as well?

Man Made Paradise
feeebs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 04, 02:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

boo!

Feeebs
SilverShoes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 128 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 04, 02:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ShaneJazz4 wrote:

Just wondering, with an eye towards possible future Queen Productions releases, which concerts will they definitely not be releasing?

Well, given the technical problems that occurred during the performance, I imagine we'll never see a legit version of the Hyde Park show. Kind of a shame, since that was a very historic concert. I understand it still holds the record for the largest audience at Hyde Park.

"Compromise? That word is not in our vocabulary"-Roger Taylor, quoting Freddie Mercury
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 04, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kohntarkosz wrote:

I imagine we'll never see a legit version of the Hyde Park show. Kind of a shame, since that was a very historic concert.
Yeah- but performance was crap... Find me worse versions of Flick Of The Wrist or Sweet Lady... Freddie & boys were extremely nervous- and it shows!

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 04, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i don't think any specific concert is out fo the question - after all their distributing them in mp3 - which is what they're already in circualtion in anyhow - and QP see it as a moneyspinner

and releasing them as part of 100 boots doesn't mean that it can't be a dvd later -

go deo na h√Čireann