Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > New album title

forum rss feed
Author

Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 04, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's just pretend that they WILL record a new album... (there are much threads here that discuss whether it is a good idea or not). What would be a suitable title for the album?

I would start with

Queen III

(Just thinking about Van Halen and their VH III album. Also with a new singer...)


Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!
Kai Kurgan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 125 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 04, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess it would be:

WE WILL ROCK YOU

What else? Do you really think there´ll be something else than WWRY in the future?
That´s the only thing they are working on - years over years. May it be the musical or all that shitty version they done with boygroups etc. - can´t wait to have all these versions on one album ;-)


I´ll eat them whole before I´m done!

www.queenarea.de
gabriel79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 04, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

simply ...queen

Plengel user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2119 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 04, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it has absolutely no new material, I'd stick with the: "We've taken all your money and still want more"


You've never seen nothing like it, no never in your life. Like going up to heaven and then coming back alive.





http://plengelqueentrader.tripod.com
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 04, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'd have said

QUE (which co-incidently means what)
or
EEN


go deo na hÉireann
Dennis ™ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 183 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 04, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen III, original huh?

Shear Laugh Attack
A Night At The WWRY musical.
A Day At The 46664
News Of the half.
Fake
The Game (With cheaters)
To Mutch Space
The (not anymore) Works
A Kind Of Magic (We Still went on, without Fred and John)
The Miracle (called money)
fakeunde
Made On Earth

Not funny I know, but I couldn't resist.


Ever since I was a young boy,

I've played the silver ball.

From SoHo down to Brighton,

I must have played them all.

That deaf, dumb and blind kid,

sure plays a mean pinball
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8684 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 04, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Band Formerly Known As Queen Minus The Leadsinger And Bassplayer + The Brian May Band And SAS Band Featuring Tim Staffel - Plays Best Of Smile With Some New Track

TBFKAQMTLABPTBMBASBFTS nice name huh :P

...really i don't care, i hope they will release some relevant stuff in the future, especially some NEW stuff! If not, i don't give a damn!


Killed by drones.
BiggyRat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 25 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 04, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't beleive some of the comments here paying out on the worlds' best band. Many groups have survived after members have died/left eg. AC/DC, Van Halen, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, INXS to name but a few. Why should Queen be any different? Sure Freddie can NEVER be replaced, and no attempt should be made to do so. His voice alone made them instantly recognizable, that's not to say someone could not sing infront of Brian and Roger (and hopefully John, but that appears unlikely sadly). But, Brian's guitar style and sound is equally recognisable and unique as Queen, as is Rogers' drumming style.

So from what I read here, you so called Queen "fans" wouldn't support any new material from Brian and Roger under the banner of Queen. Why shouldn't they? I for one, wish they would - AND NOW!

For shame you people who say they wouldn't, how can you say you're real Queen fans? How many of the ones here critising are members of QIFC? I know I am.


Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8684 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 04, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

heere we goo again! hahaha...u take this one Niek?? Pim?? :P


Killed by drones.
BiggyRat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 25 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 04, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Fairy King" became a Queen fan Early 1991. Nice work check out when I became a Queen fan (1974) i.e. basically since the beginning...


Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
djaef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 887 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 04, 23:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BiggyRat wrote:

Many groups have survived after members have died/left eg. AC/DC, Van Halen, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, INXS to name but a few.


Sorry to burst your ballon, but since when did Led Zeppelin do anything as Led Zeppelin after Bonham died? As far as I remember a shitty set at Live Aid was the last time they played using that name. They have not recorded anything, nor toured at all using that name.

BiggyRat wrote:

For shame you people who say they wouldn't, how can you say you're real Queen fans? How many of the ones here critising are members of QIFC? I know I am.


For a start, since when do you have to be a member of QIFC to be a """real""" Queen fan? I've been listening to Queen since 1975 - I bought every album they ever released, and I saw them in concert 3 nights in a row when they finally came to my country. Am I a real Queen fan? Of course I fuc*ing am. I thought about joining the Queen fan club back in 76, but didn't bother. Still haven't. Doesn't make me less of a fan though. Just because there are fanatics out there (as opposed to fans) who go to every convention, and have collections valued in the 10s of thousands of dollars, that does not only make them fans. Can you see the logic of that? Where would ""real"" fandom kick in? Do you have to be a card carrying member of QIFC? Do you have to have a huge collection of Queen singles, books etc? Do you have to have seen them live? Do you have to be non-critical in Queen forums? It's ridiculous. I refuse to be judged "not a ""real"" Queen fan" because I don't fit a particular criteria - whether it's that I'm sometimes critical of QP and their decisions, or because I'm not a collector.

I'm so sick to fucking death of people who cannot accept criticism of Queen or Brian May and Roger Taylor. Get over it! They are not perfect, never have been, and never will be. Being a fan does not preclude using ones critical faculties. It is NOT mindless bumlicking hero worship. Some of us here are not 17 years old.

Imagine how boring a forum like this would be if everyone just agreed that Queen were shit hot and perfect. WTF would be left to talk about? Not a great deal. Not that I'm saying we need to criticise to make conversation, but critique forms a natural and neccesary part of any cultural analysis, and as such it should not be considered negative.

Enough said!

BiggyRat wrote:

"Fairy King" became a Queen fan Early 1991. Nice work check out when I became a Queen fan (1974) i.e. basically since the beginning...


and if you think that makes YOU more of a fan than anyone else, you are rather sad...


djaef - Queen fan since 1678, after the Dorog concert!
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 04, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've been a Queen fan since seventeen ought six! And I had my way with Jacky Smith several times over! I think I win by a landslide.

BiggyRat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 25 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 04, 01:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

djaef wrote:

BiggyRat wrote:

Many groups have survived after members have died/left eg. AC/DC, Van Halen, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, INXS to name but a few.


Sorry to burst your ballon, but since when did Led Zeppelin do anything as Led Zeppelin after Bonham died? As far as I remember a shitty set at Live Aid was the last time they played using that name. They have not recorded anything, nor toured at all using that name.

BiggyRat wrote:

For shame you people who say they wouldn't, how can you say you're real Queen fans? How many of the ones here critising are members of QIFC? I know I am.


For a start, since when do you have to be a member of QIFC to be a """real""" Queen fan? I've been listening to Queen since 1975 - I bought every album they ever released, and I saw them in concert 3 nights in a row when they finally came to my country. Am I a real Queen fan? Of course I fuc*ing am. I thought about joining the Queen fan club back in 76, but didn't bother. Still haven't. Doesn't make me less of a fan though. Just because there are fanatics out there (as opposed to fans) who go to every convention, and have collections valued in the 10s of thousands of dollars, that does not only make them fans. Can you see the logic of that? Where would ""real"" fandom kick in? Do you have to be a card carrying member of QIFC? Do you have to have a huge collection of Queen singles, books etc? Do you have to have seen them live? Do you have to be non-critical in Queen forums? It's ridiculous. I refuse to be judged "not a ""real"" Queen fan" because I don't fit a particular criteria - whether it's that I'm sometimes critical of QP and their decisions, or because I'm not a collector.

I'm so sick to fucking death of people who cannot accept criticism of Queen or Brian May and Roger Taylor. Get over it! They are not perfect, never have been, and never will be. Being a fan does not preclude using ones critical faculties. It is NOT mindless bumlicking hero worship. Some of us here are not 17 years old.

Imagine how boring a forum like this would be if everyone just agreed that Queen were shit hot and perfect. WTF would be left to talk about? Not a great deal. Not that I'm saying we need to criticise to make conversation, but critique forms a natural and neccesary part of any cultural analysis, and as such it should not be considered negative.

Enough said!

BiggyRat wrote:

"Fairy King" became a Queen fan Early 1991. Nice work check out when I became a Queen fan (1974) i.e. basically since the beginning...


and if you think that makes YOU more of a fan than anyone else, you are rather sad...


Idiot. Yes, I do have EVERY album in EVERY format they were EVER released in. Yes I have a VERY expensive and Extensive collection of Queen memorabilia, including many limited edition boxed sets. Yes I went to every concert they ever did in my city.

Idiot again. Did I say they were the be all and end all? NO. I said I was sick of people SUPPOSED FANS saying how crappy it would be if Brian and Roger (and I did say hopefully John) released something new.

Idiot 3 times. You could refute my argument about bands who have lost members and still continued on with only ONE example (and a not particularly strong argument either, given a little outfit that went around as "Plant and Page"). Seems to me ACDC, Van Halen, The Who, The Rolling Stones and INXS have all done good stuff after the loss of a major member.

Tis you who is sad my friend, not I. BTW, as for being a "real" fan just cause I'm in the QIFC means I'm supporting Jacky and Val in their endeavours to keep me up to date with Queen news. Rather than scabbing it for free.

BTW, I've NEVER been to a conve


Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
djaef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 887 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 04, 04:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BiggyRat wrote:



Idiot. Yes, I do have EVERY album in EVERY format they were EVER released in. Yes I have a VERY expensive and Extensive collection of Queen memorabilia, including many limited edition boxed sets. Yes I went to every concert they ever did in my city.



So what? You want a Brownie medal, or a life... Oh no, you actually want a "REAL FAN" medal don't you....

and calling me an idiot is supposed to what? Show me how mature you are? yeah right...

BiggyRat wrote:

Idiot again. Did I say they were the be all and end all? NO. I said I was sick of people SUPPOSED FANS saying how crappy it would be if Brian and Roger (and I did say hopefully John) released something new.


Well who are you to determine who are SUPPOSED FANS and who are not? And surely they are entitled to their opinion, regardless. I don't hold much hope for stellar new material from Mr May and Taylor, but it in no way reflects my level of "fandom", a suspect concept in any case. I also fear the prospect of Brian and Roger releasing "rubbish" under the Queen name, diluting the band's reputation. Your problem is that you think that REAL FANS are not allowed to be negative or critical of the bands they like, a point which you have not surprisingly, totally flinched from.

BiggyRat wrote:

Idiot 3 times. You could refute my argument about bands who have lost members and still continued on with only ONE example (and a not particularly strong argument either, given a little outfit that went around as "Plant and Page"). Seems to me ACDC, Van Halen, The Who, The Rolling Stones and INXS have all done good stuff after the loss of a major member.


That's debatable. AC/DC is the only band I can see that lost a prominent member and went on to much success. INXS - don't make me laugh. Van Halen - hardly. One album and then... The Who and the Stones - well they didn't lose Townsend or Daltrey or Richards or Jagger did they, so it hardly matters. Queen would still be around today if John Deacon died.

The point I made stands. Page & Plant is NOT Led Zeppelin. They had the respect for Bonham NOT to call themselves Led Zeppelin. And their success, if compared to Led Zeppelin's was abso-bloody-lutely miniscule.

BiggyRat wrote:


Tis you who is sad my friend, not I. BTW, as for being a "real" fan just cause I'm in the QIFC means I'm supporting Jacky and Val in their endeavours to keep me up to date with Queen news. Rather than scabbing it for free.



Scabbing it for free? That's got to be the most ludicrous argument I've heard in many a month. And besides, everybody knows that INFORMATION WANTS TO BE FREE. :)

You are just avoiding the issues. Do you think you are a "real" fan because you are a member of some bloody fan club and you have sixteen copies of the same song? Doesn't sound real smart to me. You certainly have contributed more to the bank accounts of the various Queen members than I, but I think a fan is simply someone who appreciates a band's music (and not neccesarily 103% of it), and that endevour has an intangible and immeassurable quality which CANNOT be qualified by someone like you.

get a life.


djaef - Queen fan since 1678, after the Dorog concert!
BiggyRat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 25 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 04, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

djaef wrote:

BiggyRat wrote:



Idiot. Yes, I do have EVERY album in EVERY format they were EVER released in. Yes I have a VERY expensive and Extensive collection of Queen memorabilia, including many limited edition boxed sets. Yes I went to every concert they ever did in my city.



So what? You want a Brownie medal, or a life... Oh no, you actually want a "REAL FAN" medal don't you....

and calling me an idiot is supposed to what? Show me how mature you are? yeah right...

BiggyRat wrote:

Idiot again. Did I say they were the be all and end all? NO. I said I was sick of people SUPPOSED FANS saying how crappy it would be if Brian and Roger (and I did say hopefully John) released something new.


Well who are you to determine who are SUPPOSED FANS and who are not? And surely they are entitled to their opinion, regardless. I don't hold much hope for stellar new material from Mr May and Taylor, but it in no way reflects my level of "fandom", a suspect concept in any case. I also fear the prospect of Brian and Roger releasing "rubbish" under the Queen name, diluting the band's reputation. Your problem is that you think that REAL FANS are not allowed to be negative or critical of the bands they like, a point which you have not surprisingly, totally flinched from.

BiggyRat wrote:

Idiot 3 times. You could refute my argument about bands who have lost members and still continued on with only ONE example (and a not particularly strong argument either, given a little outfit that went around as "Plant and Page"). Seems to me ACDC, Van Halen, The Who, The Rolling Stones and INXS have all done good stuff after the loss of a major member.


That's debatable. AC/DC is the only band I can see that lost a prominent member and went on to much success. INXS - don't make me laugh. Van Halen - hardly. One album and then... The Who and the Stones - well they didn't lose Townsend or Daltrey or Richards or Jagger did they, so it hardly matters. Queen would still be around today if John Deacon died.

The point I made stands. Page & Plant is NOT Led Zeppelin. They had the respect for Bonham NOT to call themselves Led Zeppelin. And their success, if compared to Led Zeppelin's was abso-bloody-lutely miniscule.

BiggyRat wrote:


Tis you who is sad my friend, not I. BTW, as for being a "real" fan just cause I'm in the QIFC means I'm supporting Jacky and Val in their endeavours to keep me up to date with Queen news. Rather than scabbing it for free.



Scabbing it for free? That's got to be the most ludicrous argument I've heard in many a month. And besides, everybody knows that INFORMATION WANTS TO BE FREE. :)

You are just avoiding the issues. Do you think you are a "real" fan because you are a member of some bloody fan club and you have sixteen copies of the same song? Doesn't sound real smart to me. You certainly have contributed more to the bank accounts of the various Queen members than I, but I think a fan is simply someone who appreciates a band's music (and not neccesarily 103% of it), and that endevour has an intangible and immeassurable quality which CANNOT be qualified by someone like you.

get a life.
Good comeback eww I'm cut! :-/

And you're just way too mature for me :-?


Quote:

Profile of djaef
Gender: -
Occupation:
Country: Niue
Website:
Number of Posts: 29
Hobbies:


Queen
Favorite Band Member:
Favorite Album: A Day At The Races
Became a Queen fan: 1678, aftre the Dorog concert



Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
BiggyRat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 25 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 04, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also djaef, if you were bright enough, and had a good enough command of the English language, you would know that the "SUPPOSED FANS" i refer to, refer to the people IN THIS THREAD that deliberately put shit on Queen (not just Brian and Roger as Queen, but Queen), but then I'm not surprised that went over your head, or failed to sink into such a thick one.


Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8684 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 04, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Biggy...grow up!


Killed by drones.
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 04, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't care what they'd call it, Queen or not. I'd just like to hear it.


"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Dubroc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dubroc
Bohemian: 522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 04, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Name of the album : Queen 22
(Their 22nd album)


We must all see to believe...
Mr Coolest Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr Coolest Cat
Bohemian: 908 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 04, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And then there were 2


There must be more to life than this.