Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > when was freddie's voice at it's best live?

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Nov 04, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

in the early days his voice was great and very opera like, the way he sang stone cold crazy at the rainbow was awsome, but I think he might have peaked in the early eighties during the game and hot space, he couldn't do much wrong in that era. I also think freddie's voice was very strong at wembly (magic tour) impromtu was amazing, but his voice was bit more raspy than the usual.

Giacco 73 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 04, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

in the early days his voice was great and very opera like, the way he sang stone cold crazy at the rainbow was awsome, but I think he might have peaked in the early eighties during the game and hot space, he couldn't do much wrong in that era. I also think freddie's voice was very strong at wembly (magic tour) impromtu was amazing, but his voice was bit more raspy than the usual.

Yes,I believe the pinnacle of his voice live was between 1980 and 1982,with the incredible highlight of Live Aid in 1985!But I also love his voice in 1986,too.
And I stop here because I realize I would choose every tours he did! :-)

Freddie Mercury.

A wonderful human being and simply the greatest singer,performer and composer of our times.
OgreBattleField1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
OgreBattleField1980
Bohemian: 503 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 04, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personal favorite of Freddie Live ... earls court 77 ... my favorite

Ogre Battle Lives FOREVER MORE!
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6326 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 04, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I`d vote for Jazz tour (aka Live Killers)

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 04, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i woudl agree with the earls court suggestion - or anything from the notw tour - glasgow 77 is a great gig also

go deo na h√Čireann
NTL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 243 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 04, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would say the NOTW tour shows Freddies voice at its best, the range, power and consistancy of his voice on this tour was probably the best.

Freddie was also in stunning voice in the early 80s eg, Sao Paulo '81 but by this point he was putting a lot more effort into the visual performance and therefore often hit the odd dodgy note, but when at the piano he was usually spot on.

I love you for your mind baby give me your body.
gabriel79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 04, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

in budapest he sang so good